TonyArnold2

Personally I agree with you on the terms that it isn't as good as Halo Reach's, but if you know what you're doing you can make a beautiful map, that plays well too. My main problems with it are the copy, and paste from Halo Reach to Halo 4, the monochromatic styling of the forge pieces, and the bumps and ridges within the objects themselves. I do however like some spots of the built in forge maps that you can use to your advantage to make aesthetically pleasing maps. Though I don't blame it all on just forge alone. One of my biggest problems is the instant respawn attribute. I tend to make 1v1 slayer based maps, so I can incorporated detail within my maps, but because of the inta-respawn I have to either make my map bigger, or create more lines of sight and movement points. I am hoping they will come out with a setting or game-type to remove that, but frankly I doubt it. My favorite idea would be to have all the tools from Halo 4, and mix it with all the maps, and objects Halo 3 had to offer.

All of you guys complaining about how Forge World was better and the maps for Halo 4 are too small need to realize the true potential of the maps. You guys are so blinded by the past and can't even realize the circumstances that were wrong in the previous game. It is like when Reach came out and people were going, "Man I hate this, this is nothing like Halo 3, this sucks!" When you guys say you want Forge World back because the maps were too small, are you actually going to use ALL of Forge World! No map successfully did that without making it look like a 6 year-old child made it. The potential of the maps of Halo 4 express so much to your understanding. Make a theme of a map and choose to whether if you want to make an urban (Ravine), Space or night (Impact), or abandoned (Erosion) themed map. You have to extend your imagination of what you could do. Quit complaining and wishing for the past, We moved on and we are advancing. Forge is not as noob friendly as matchmaking in Halo 4 but you can do it.

• Like 1

Oh look at you talking all big and bad on the internet. watch what you say, this is a friendly site, read the rules.

If I may, you attacked first. And second, if you DARE to take on making halo, you better be able to deliver. The editor may be better but the maps are not that good, and several key features have been stricken from it. And your name-calling because he doesn't like it? His comment could have been a little more intellectual, but the fact remains that Halo 4's Forge mode was a borderline failure. We don't want tiny little specs of map. We want big and open.

• 1 month later...

well, i wouldn't really say it sucks, just not that impressive thats all. i like all magnets and dynamic lighting stuff but they should really focus on forging the map itself. i hope they release a map-pack that includes all our forging favorites like foundry, sandbox and forge world, with no new pieces, just the classic, old, pieces that we all love and maybe some returning weapons and vehicles. oh and don't forget the powerups (overshield, invisibility, custom powerup)!