Forest Skin Gamestop Fraud

NAIIMA

HEllo , me and other Italian gamers , and friends have decided to prenote the game the 28 of June , We have read a fraudolent publicity on the gamestop.it site , where it stated that the special skin was available to gamestop if you prenoted it with them .... it didn't specify in any place , angle or subtitle that the prenotation shoudl have been done directly on their site and that the order should have been processed online ....

When me and a couple of friends had to decide wich shop to chose to make the order we have opted toward gamestop just because we liked that skin ....

forest skin

This is the raudolent publicity

Publicity

Now if we coudl read anywhere on their site that the preorder had to be done just on the web and not physically at the shop,( that we would actually even have preferred avoiding us to reach the nearest shop )m we would have certainly ordered it by web and not by the shop .

When we went to the shop it was assured us that the skin was part of the preorder bonus ....

After months beeing so sure of it's delivery with the prenotation , and we prenotate the limited editions ... We find out at day 6 of nov that we wouln't have the skin because those where only granted to the online prenotations ....

I so made a call and mail to gamestop of Italy and they barely answer saying it was just for online , not giving any explanation or customer support for receiving that skin ....

Now we really wanted that skin and beeing halo entusiasts you can imagine how pissed are we are and above all others I am , because of the unfair treatment , the simplicistic dismiss of the protest and their clear blatant fraudolent publicity ...

I woudl really like to have that skin and was the main reason why I have prenoted it at Gamestop , otherwise I would have prenoted it somewherelse or even abroad perhaps ...

What do you think I shoudl or could do to get that skin ? :(

The exact same thing happened in the UK, I contacted the US gamestop guys and complained a while, I got all my codes and some extras in the end :) and it isn't a lie, the extras are only listed on the US website and we get redirected to our regional site to pay, without warning. Contacting your local support will tell you you cant have them in your country, so contact the US site for results :)

I preoredered with Gamestop Uk and got my dlc code for the forest armour etc, used it...and the dlc doesn't actually work. I don't know if this is a glitch or something. Any ideas people? Currently I'm left wishing I just went to the shop on release day!

Did the DLC code prompt you to download the skin or did it say that it was invalid?

If it says that it is invalid, perhaps call Xbox Support and see if they can verify this being the case or not. Could also potentially be a case of an employer of wherever you got the code entering it before handing it out (there is a slim chance but it is possible).

I'm not sure they could do anything about it but if Xbox Support confirm that the code was used prior to you receiving it, then it might be a case of having to go back to the store you got it from and dispute it, which (so long as you are polite) should end in your favor. Previously having worked in a videogame store for several years, I do know that generally speaking, pre-order codes were given not really based on pre-order counts of the said store. Say a store made 20 pre-orders, they might still get given 40 pre-order codes unless the publisher was strict with the particular DLC item/code/freebie numbers.

If however you were able to download the actual DLC item to your console, just turn your Xbox 360 off, turn it back on, sign into XBL and launch Halo 4. I had a few issues with my DLC codes but after doing that it worked. Failing this, call Xbox Support and they might be able to assist.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Did the DLC code prompt you to download the skin or did it say that it was invalid?

If it says that it is invalid, perhaps call Xbox Support and see if they can verify this being the case or not. Could also potentially be a case of an employer of wherever you got the code entering it before handing it out (there is a slim chance but it is possible).

I'm not sure they could do anything about it but if Xbox Support confirm that the code was used prior to you receiving it, then it might be a case of having to go back to the store you got it from and dispute it, which (so long as you are polite) should end in your favor. Previously having worked in a videogame store for several years, I do know that generally speaking, pre-order codes were given not really based on pre-order counts of the said store. Say a store made 20 pre-orders, they might still get given 40 pre-order codes unless the publisher was strict with the particular DLC item/code/freebie numbers.

If however you were able to download the actual DLC item to your console, just turn your Xbox 360 off, turn it back on, sign into XBL and launch Halo 4. I had a few issues with my DLC codes but after doing that it worked. Failing this, call Xbox Support and they might be able to assist.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

The code worked fine, the content downloaded with no problems. It just doesn't show up in the spartan hub. Seems a few are having this problem. I deleted it and re-downloaded a couple of times using my download history. I'm assuming it should just be available straight away, as a friend has the CIO web skin and his is working fine.

My console has been restarted many times, each time I'm hoping maybe it will be there (and obviously I'm kidding myself there!) I was thinking maybe there would be a patch sooner or later to sort it, and maybe there was a coding glitch for certain code batches. I'm totally clueless as to the problem though. Think an xbox customer support call may be the only way to sort it.

Thanks for the advice!

The RG-63 Counter FRST armor, part of the forest armor set that Gamestop gave out, is glitched on my account. My brother has the same armor bonus and has no issues, and when a guest plays under my account ie: Metagrith(1) they can see the FRST camo skin on the armor, but when I try to put it on, my RG-63 Counter FRST and RG-63 Counter armor both use the default skin. All other parts of the armor skin work perfectly, just the legs are messed up.

Anyone know how to fix this? I've already wiped out my marketplace items and reset my cache on my xbox 360 to try to solve the problem,(This is what an Xbox Customer Support said to do) but I got nowhere with this.