Halo 4 Ending (Spoiler Alert)

Broken_Arrow

You sir get a like. I did notice the terminal exploding much like the knights "Death" explosion. So there is still the possibility that cortana's data is drifting about. Though my next question is a bit off topic. Are the knights human? Like what is up with the skulls?

Yes the knights were formally humans until the diadect turned them into machines (the knights) using the composer. He did this as he believed it was the only way to stop the flood ( as they can't infect machines) But the diadect was imprisioned with his knights by the forerunners. Then we see him in halo 4 returning to once again turn humans into knights

no NO no, halo 3 still had the best ending if you look real close it was the ending ever, every thing from sgt. jhonsons death to the music to the chief going back into hybernation, witch exactly how the story began. ******* beautiful, also the music was better

in halo 4 their was too much back story and too much space magic, cortana die? he just got her back from the flood at the end of halo 3.

your right though! they did throw their balls on the table. killing off one of the 2 main characters in the series in the first game?

however, i havent seen one post that actually states yeah cortana is dead.... so maybe she isnt gone..... she better not be. cant have a halo game with her or the cheif .... well u cant have a good game.

I won't count it out at this point, but the Halo Rings wiped out all life that could feed the flood (including them), so unless there are a few frozen somewhere I don't think we'll be seeing any. If anything it will be more copies, like the Librarian.

actually the fact that the ark was out side the range of the halo rings means that the forrunner escaped the halo's fireing.

no NO no, halo 3 still had the best ending if you look real close it was the ending ever, every thing from sgt. jhonsons death to the music to the chief going back into hybernation, witch exactly how the story began. ******* beautiful, also the music was better

in halo 4 their was too much back story and too much space magic, cortana die? he just got her back from the flood at the end of halo 3.

your right though! they did throw their balls on the table. killing off one of the 2 main characters in the series in the first game?

however, i havent seen one post that actually states yeah cortana is dead.... so maybe she isnt gone..... she better not be. cant have a halo game with her or the cheif .... well u cant have a good game.

actually the fact that the ark was out side the range of the halo rings means that the forrunner escaped the halo's fireing.

The highlighted are my thought's exactly. She just fades back into space and then we get a whiteout. The next image we see is MC floating in space.

I'm pretty sure the Librarian confirmed that John had the Gaeas of a forerunner.she says something like, we have planted the seeds of history, and says she put specific genes in his DNA. This could be a stretch, but i think that means she could see the future, but she could definitely control destiny and fate, because She even planned Cortana.

lol i haven't read the books yet. i wish i had them but i will read them. so is the final stasis your personal theory or is it in the books? how would you like the game to end? cortana and chief meeting up or chief meeting cortana again in the fifth installment?

It's on halopedia, and it's not a personal theory.

This game "was" a masterpiece now that I have beat it it is a disgrace. I have been playing Halo for exactly half my life and it might have to end with this game!

This game "was" a masterpiece now that I have beat it it is a disgrace. I have been playing Halo for exactly half my life and it might have to end with this game!

Referring to Cortana off course.

Congratulations on ruining Halo! Can't believe I waited this long for such disappointment

Referring to Cortana off course.

Congratulations on ruining Halo! Can't believe I waited this long for such disappointment

There's 2 more nube, wait to see what happens. Halo 5 is going to be a bigger hit.

Yes the knights were formally humans until the diadect turned them into machines (the knights) using the composer. He did this as he believed it was the only way to stop the flood ( as they can't infect machines) But the diadect was imprisioned with his knights by the forerunners. Then we see him in halo 4 returning to once again turn humans into knights

Speaking of aliens being human. Did anyone else immediately think holy crap thats a human the first time they saw that flaming blue skull?

to be honest i do miss the gregorian chant or whatever you want to call it that were in the past halos but i thought i wouldn't like the new music....but now i kind of do. It's a new approach, new story arc, and a different look and feel to the halo series. We aren't just focusing on fighting covenant, killing flood, and destroying hula hoops in space anymore lol. 4 Years have passed and new technology has emerged and so there are going to be some changes like how mysteriously music always plays when you are in a firefight....never understood how that happened considering that never happens IRL lol.

• Like 1

I loved the ending, but I also hated it. Seriously, I cried. Not just watery eyes either, full on man tears. I'm trying to keep myself from balling again right now. But I really hope she does come back. Like everyone is saying, her pieces were onboard the ship, so there got to be something left of her...I need to go find a tissue again :'(

• Like 1

I really loved the ending. Nothing wrong with an ending that leaves you feeling melancholic.

I'm not convinced Cortana is "dead" either. Her goodbye at the end felt like less of a "I'm going to die now" and more of a "We can't see each other anymore." My theory is she pulled off something similar to what the Major did at the end of Ghost In The Shell: Uploading and propagating herself throughout the net. The Librarian mentioned a kind of digital world that the Forerunners wished to ascend to, so I wouldn't be surprised if Cortana did exactly that.

Something tells me Halo 5 will see a "copy" of Cortana, a new AI with none of the personality of the old one, only to have the old rampant Cortana reintroduced in Halo 6 in a new form, possibly even as an enemy (since she would be a fully-rampant AI).

I loved the ending, but I also hated it. Seriously, I cried. Not just watery eyes either, full on man tears. I'm trying to keep myself from balling again right now. But I really hope she does come back. Like everyone is saying, her pieces were onboard the ship, so there got to be something left of her...I need to go find a tissue again :'(

I didn't hate the ending, but from the the campaign and her rampancy getting worse and worse mission by mission. Midnight was the mission that was the worst where she could split apart due to rampancy. Either way, she would've died from rampancy, or saving John. Halo 5 will be mainly probably focused on John's struggle without Cortana.

• Like 1

It's going to feel bad when I beat it on legendary. Everytime I uploaded to anything I felt like I was going to lose her. It was crazy!

• Like 1

I didn't hate the ending, but from the the campaign and her rampancy getting worse and worse mission by mission. Midnight was the mission that was the worst where she could split apart due to rampancy. Either way, she would've died from rampancy, or saving John. Halo 5 will be mainly probably focused on John's struggle without Cortana.

I guess hate wasn't the word I should've used. Dont get me wrong it was a fantastic ending, I just hated the fact that Chief (and we) lost Cortana.

The one thing I don't understand is Halsey. Cortana could've been fixed much sooner, because according to Halo: The Thursday War, Halsey was ON Infinity, being held captive in the engine room sewing together mail bags or something. Unless she got moved between the end of the book and Halo 4, I don't see why Chief just didn't say something to Lasky about it. BUT, in the book BB (Black Box) was Infinity's AI, and seeing how he wasn't there in Halo 4 means a bit of time has passed between the two stories.

I guess hate wasn't the word I should've used. Dont get me wrong it was a fantastic ending, I just hated the fact that Chief (and we) lost Cortana.

The one thing I don't understand is Halsey. Cortana could've been fixed much sooner, because according to Halo: The Thursday War, Halsey was ON Infinity, being held captive in the engine room sewing together mail bags or something. Unless she got moved between the end of the book and Halo 4, I don't see why Chief just didn't say something to Lasky about it. BUT, in the book BB (Black Box) was Infinity's AI, and seeing how he wasn't there in Halo 4 means a bit of time has passed between the two stories.

yeah but that was years before halo 4.