Halo 4 Ending (Spoiler Alert)

Broken_Arrow

343 has really thrown their balls on the table having Cortana sacrifice herself the way she did. It really makes me feel like there's a big hole in my heart for this entire series now. I don't even want to watch that ending if I don't have too.

Also to kill off the entire(?) planet is just crazy and HUGE. They've really set an enormous wall for them to get over if they want to make the next game even better.

Also Master Chief is getting an armour upgrade maybe? Halsey better play a good part in the next game as well. Last, it looks as if Master Chief is indeed a perfect soldier and not just some machine. We will see how that turns out though.

• Like 1

I don't get me wrong, this was the best ending in any game I've ever played. Can anyone explain what exactly did she do to save MC? Since she created the light bridge did she wrap him in it somehow?

She turned pieces of herself into shielding (using the forerunner machinery), and then when MC set the nuke she separated him from it and protected him, taking him off of the ship in the process.

• Like 2

343 has really thrown their balls on the table having Cortana sacrifice herself the way she did. It really makes me feel like there's a big hole in my heart for this entire series now. I don't even want to watch that ending if I don't have too.

Also to kill off the entire(?) planet is just crazy and HUGE. They've really set an enormous wall for them to get over if they want to make the next game even better.

Also Master Chief is getting an armour upgrade maybe? Halsey better play a good part in the next game as well. Last, it looks as if Master Chief is indeed a perfect soldier and not just some machine. We will see how that turns out though.

The story was written as a trilogy from the very beginning so just consider this first entry as a stopping point in an already written saga. The ending may be sad and I find it strange myself but I think they have something planned that'll make all this make sense. Maybe they needed her to be gone because the initial part of Halo 5 will be extremely dark and the absence of Cortana will help convey the fact that Chief is all alone in his mission. We'll see...I think she'll be back sooner or later. They need to put her in a human body so she can make love to Chief...when she rubbed his chest plate it got kinda steamy.

• Like 6

Very sad indeed, but was an ultimate sacrifice and hero move of her to do to save John. Obviously she loved him and that made the game's ending that much better for showing more about their relationship and how important it was.

Dude she isn't dead

• Like 2

The story was written as a trilogy from the very beginning so just consider this first entry as a stopping point in an already written saga. The ending may be sad and I find it strange myself but I think they have something planned that'll make all this make sense. Maybe they needed her to be gone because the initial part of Halo 5 will be extremely dark and the absence of Cortana will help convey the fact that Chief is all alone in his mission. We'll see...I think she'll be back sooner or later. They need to put her in a human body so she can make love to Chief...when she rubbed his chest plate it got kinda steamy.

I think it would be interesting if he had flashbacks in halo 5 of cortana and their relationship they had over the years. Perhaps the nagging promises he made to her about saving her and the current theme of her "dead" will tear him apart because as far as he knows he can't save her. However, the librarian could easily have saved her since she evolved chief to resist the composer ray the librarian could also save cortana.

Dude she isn't dead

Do you have any theories as to why she isn't dead?

• Like 2

I think it would be interesting if he had flashbacks in halo 5 of cortana and their relationship they had over the years. Perhaps the nagging promises he made to her about saving her and the current theme of her "dead" will tear him apart because as far as he knows he can't save her. However, the librarian could easily have saved her since she evolved chief to resist the composer ray the librarian could also save cortana.

Based on how the composer works, they'd have to repurpose to do the exact opposite for which it was created.

That was to digitize flesh and thus become immortal like the Didact said.

So they would reanimate Cortana. Luckily she was an AI based off of a piece of organic meterial which was Dr. Halsey's. That's cool because you could essentially clone people that way. Also for all we know she is still somewhere in many pieces in the debris field of the ship.

Based on how the composer works, they'd have to repurpose to do the exact opposite for which it was created.

So they would reanimate Cortana. Luckily she was an AI based off of a piece of organic meterial which was Dr. Halsey's. That's cool because you could essentially clone people that way. Also for all we know she is still somewhere in many pieces in the debris field of the ship.

That's the other thing too. She did split herself in the forerunner's computer system and we did see the debris floating in space so there's a very high possibility that at least one fragment of her still exists.

Reanimate? No, they could make a new version with Dr. Halsey's brain, assuming Parangosky lets her, but it wouldn't be the Cortana we know and love. :( Kind of would like to know who was questioning her at the beginning, though. Need to go back and re-watch the opening.

Interesting theory, though: Cortana mk I survives, but they don't know that and outfit Chief with a new flash cloned-Cortana (Mk. II). Cortana Mk I and II meeting up would be interesting. :D Especially if Mk I or Mk II is rampant.

Anyway, interesting view, the Composer working for Cortana because she was already a bridge between the flesh and digital realms, where it failed when converting pure flesh to the digital realms properly. I like to think that that would be the case, and there are some supporting items, such as we didn't SEE the Composer in the entirety of the last mission. We saw the energy beam, and the like, but we never SAW the Composer (unless I wasn't looking close enough at the floor).

There's also the theory that Cortana is like a second Mendicant Bias, where he went Rampant and then rejoined the Forerunner and became some sort of metastable. That's more just a myth/theory than an actual fact, though... :/ Heck, we don't even know if Mendicant WAS metastable at the end of Halo 3, only that he regretted his actions, but if she survives, she may actually be a helluva lot stronger as a result. :D I'm rooting for that scenario at the moment, but since we don't know what HAPPENED yet...

I'm going to go kill someone at 343 Industries now.

Which, PS, is one of my highest accolades for a game.

>.> Too long until the next game...

Reanimate? No, they could make a new version with Dr. Halsey's brain, assuming Parangosky lets her, but it wouldn't be the Cortana we know and love. :( Kind of would like to know who was questioning her at the beginning, though. Need to go back and re-watch the opening.

Interesting theory, though: Cortana mk I survives, but they don't know that and outfit Chief with a new flash cloned-Cortana (Mk. II). Cortana Mk I and II meeting up would be interesting. :D Especially if Mk I or Mk II is rampant.

Anyway, interesting view, the Composer working for Cortana because she was already a bridge between the flesh and digital realms, where it failed when converting pure flesh to the digital realms properly. I like to think that that would be the case, and there are some supporting items, such as we didn't SEE the Composer in the entirety of the last mission. We saw the energy beam, and the like, but we never SAW the Composer (unless I wasn't looking close enough at the floor).

There's also the theory that Cortana is like a second Mendicant Bias, where he went Rampant and then rejoined the Forerunner and became some sort of metastable. That's more just a myth/theory than an actual fact, though... :/ Heck, we don't even know if Mendicant WAS metastable at the end of Halo 3, only that he regretted his actions, but if she survives, she may actually be a helluva lot stronger as a result. :D I'm rooting for that scenario at the moment, but since we don't know what HAPPENED yet...

I'm going to go kill someone at 343 Industries now.

Which, PS, is one of my highest accolades for a game.

>.> Too long until the next game...

What about the ship that blew up and her fragmented pieces still in the diadact's computer system. There is a high possibility that she is still alive.

Yes, in the end she goes through the final stasis and turns from an AI to human form. Look it up on halopedia or read the books.

• Like 1

When you first encounter the knights Cortana states that when you kill them they send out data and info in the explosions if u notice the console you put her chip into exploded in this way as well, according to this it is quite possible to retrieve all the data if Some certain super soldier where able to find where this cache was im sure he'd make good on his promise and make sure she was restored and safe. and that would be necessary only if she wasnt uploaded from the console into a network, It looks like there are quite a few possibilities to explore.

Yes, in the end she goes through the final stasis and turns from an AI to human form. Look it up on halopedia or read the books.

Ive read many posts, wikis, and books all about halo and have never seen anything suggesting this, maybe you could post a link

• Like 4

lol i haven't read the books yet. i wish i had them but i will read them. so is the final stasis your personal theory or is it in the books? how would you like the game to end? cortana and chief meeting up or chief meeting cortana again in the fifth installment?

You never saw her 'die'
  • Like 1

When you first encounter the knights Cortana states that when you kill them they send out data and info in the explosions if u notice the console you put her chip into exploded in this way as well, according to this it is quite possible to retrieve all the data if Some certain super soldier where able to find where this cache was im sure he'd make good on his promise and make sure she was restored and safe. and that would be necessary only if she wasnt uploaded from the console into a network, It looks like there are quite a few possibilities to explore.

Ive read many posts, wikis, and books all about halo and have never seen anything suggesting this, maybe you could post a link

You sir get a like. I did notice the terminal exploding much like the knights "Death" explosion. So there is still the possibility that cortana's data is drifting about. Though my next question is a bit off topic. Are the knights human? Like what is up with the skulls?

You sir get a like. I did notice the terminal exploding much like the knights "Death" explosion. So there is still the possibility that cortana's data is drifting about. Though my next question is a bit off topic. Are the knights human? Like what is up with the skulls?

I believe either the librarian or didact said that they were humans

The promethean knights were made out of ancient humans to fight the flood, and it was revenge for the war against the forerunners

Do you think we will ever get to see other Forerunners, not just the Didact or the Librarian? And could Precursors ever make a return perhaps in the 5th game, towards the end, maybe in the 6th?

Do you think we will ever get to see other Forerunners, not just the Didact or the Librarian? And could Precursors ever make a return perhaps in the 5th game, towards the end, maybe in the 6th?

I won't count it out at this point, but the Halo Rings wiped out all life that could feed the flood (including them), so unless there are a few frozen somewhere I don't think we'll be seeing any. If anything it will be more copies, like the Librarian.