The eternal debate: BR vs the DMR.

lopedo

I'm still torn. I'm a slightly above average player and I can't figure out which gun I do better with.

The BR can nip the last little bit of a shield with it's 3 round burst while the DMR is as powerful as it sounds.

I'm interested in reading about your experiences with both guns and which one you will stick with the most.

I just unlocked the Covie Carbine.

From my limited time with it I can say with almost 100% certainty that it takes more bullets to kill than a BR or DMR. That said, it fires faster and seems to have range that matches the DMR without giving up accuracy.

I will keep playing and testing it.

Honestly, I've found the BR to be more versatile. The DMR just gets tore up at close range. If you're going into infinity slayer and slayer pro, I'd definitely have to recommend the BR over the DMR. It feels better at those closer situations.

I'm still stunned by the power of the AR and Storm Rifle.... Those things got upgraded. Gonna need to adjust to them.

I started out BR, then found that its range has been nerfed, so flew over to the DMR. The DMR is great for large maps, and is viable on smaller ones... if you get caught napping though your gonna have a bad time :P

DMR for valhalla/wetworks or w/e halo4 versions called, BR Promethean vision for the rest.

I've found the BR to really make up ground when it comes to getting the last head-shot, it can be quite tricky with the DMR.

Im most surprised at how they both have a role. Great balancing 343!