Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

Having MAJOR issues with a server right now. In the lobby I'm displayed as an SR-1 (actually SR-130). When I click start I can see all my armor, commendations, load outs, etc, etc. When I start a game (any game) I'm forced to play with one of two crappy load outs. I understand I'm on a fall back hopper (I think it's called that) and that I'm not actually online but still being allowed to play however I can play with all my friends and none of them are having this issue. My gamer tag is MikeGulf66.

This becomes a problem when Infinity Challenge is going on currently. I entered and started playing late. I'm currently a little under half way therough Tier 2. If I can't play online and get credit, I can't advance any further and in fact, stand the chance of falling behind and possibly being placed into Tier 3.

Can anyone help me or provide any assistance please?

MG66

• Like 2

I have not been able to log onto the server for the last few days. I am a level 64 and show up as a level 1. I can see all of my loadouts and all of my armor that has been unlocked, but when I enter a game, I am defaulted to the regular armor and default loadouts. I have not been able to earn hardly any xp due to no server limits. I can play with friends who are not having this problem. When they look at me, I have no service tag and I'm a level 1. When I press start I can still see that I am a 64 and I can see what class I'm working on but these never show in game.

Not only do I feel that this should be fixed sooner rather than later. I also feel that we should be given an alottment of experience points to make up for the challenges, commendations, and daily points that we are missing as well as the daily frustration of not having the loadouts that were created and earned ( I can barely take down a ghost ro warthog because I don't have a plasma pistol or grenades in the default loadouts) This should be a bare minimum compensation due to the rampant problems this game has been having.

• Like 2

In Spartan Ops Multiplayer. I have Spawned in the rocks atleast 10 times, in 2 different games. I can move around in the rock. can shoot enemys if I go to the edge half my body is outside of the rock. Other players were in the rock also.

Atleast 3 times in 3 games. Enemys could not be seen. Their guns are moving around on the ground and firing, it seems like I have to shoot the gun in order to kill them. The crosshair only turns red at the gun. This is a nuisance and it has happened while I am using my Double XP.

I'm with you Cilla... It's been 5 days for me as well. 343, can you give an explanation as to how the fallback hopper works. I can't fathom that the same people stay stuck in this thing over and over for multiple days. It seems as though it would attempt to connect to the server each and every time. What are the reasons for us not being able to connect to the main server. If it was truly a server overload, wouldn't it just be putting the last people to join the server at a certain time? Please help. This is an extremely frustrating experience. An official response to what is happening would be appreciated.

• Like 1

My dad's account has been in a fallback hopper for little over a week, going on two. Level one, basic armor, no service tag and can only use the two default loadouts. How can people get stuck in hoppers for so long? At least rotate the queue of people that are in the hopper, so they can enjoy what little of the game they spent their money on.

I remember there being server issues sometimes with all Halos, let alone all games. I'd rather not play for a day. Instead we're stuck in some 'innovative hopper functionality' all the time without gaining XP/stats and being stuck with ****ty loadouts.

Me and my dad would rather watch cable infomercials.

• Like 1

i called microsoft and they told me to come on here a complain and tell 343 that they need to stop draging their feet this is day 7. i think im going to take this game back and get my money back heck i think we should all take our games back then mayb 343 would see the urgency in fixin they stuff -NOT HAPPY

• Like 1

Mine won't even let me play. All it tells me player is missing downloadable content. Any help would be GREAT.

Have you tried downloading the dlc? If you already have the dlc,maybe your download is pending. If that's it,try downloading it again. If that's not it,it may just say "missing dlc" until you actually download it. If none of this is the case,try contacting Microsoft.

i cant start playing forge. i go into infinity, then forge, it starts preparing the map to around 40% then goes to zero and gives me a message saying: "players failed to load content. a player may be missing downloadable content." ive already installed disc 2 and i can play everything else, campaign, sparton ops ,war games, i can join friends but not forge. anybody have any helpful ideas?

I was banned from matchmaking for an hour for quitting too many games. It popped up durring my last game warning if I quit, I'll be banned. I didn't quit, and I still got banned. This same stupid crap has been happening since Reach. If you can't have a timer that works, don't have a timer. I reported it to you after you took over for Bungie, and it's still broken. Better yet, it's now broken, without having a reason to even be in the game. I did not join a bunch of games and quit out for no reason. Over the course of a couple hours I quit out of a half dozen laggy games, and only ever after waiting for a new host to be selected (which it never did).

Thank you for keeping the broken timer, despite having completely negated the reason it was added in Reach (being that more can join). Despite it not working in the first place, you even extended the period, and guessing by how it acted in Reach, it will again stay active long after the timer was said to expire, great!

If it's not too much to ask, for Halo 5, would you please put back the handy things in the game lobby which you removed from Reach->4? Things like messaging teammates, extended stats, etc., and can we be able to mute people any time the scoreboard is up (not that I dislike everyone screaming and whistling as soon as the game starts to load)?

• Like 1

Are there 2 liscenses for DLC's?

I have the LE but Map Packs and Specializations seem to only have liscense for gamertag only.....All DLC's for every game I own work for anyone on the console AND gamertag. I have the Family Gold Membership

Now since the release of crimson, it only works for my (Primary Account) and not everyone playing the console.....Why is that 343?

I dont really expect a reply from anyone at 343 as this problem has gone unanswered for some reason since Crimson release and you guys offer no one any avenue to contact you directly except these forums that you seem to ignore.

Im very disappointed in the Customer Support as there seems to be none. It would be nice however if you guys wouldnt ignore individual requests for help and information.

Thank you for your time

• Like 1

Hi - Another issue that has arisen seems that when playing Halo 4 the ability to look up recent games history so you can record via Theatre does not seem to be working at all. My recent history simply shows as "none" even when I've just been playing Sparted Ops Episode 6 on line with other people. I wanted to record a 1st place mission but no joy. Any ieas as to why this is not working????

I hope like Grunt Major my queries don't go unanswered otherwise 343 will start losing gamers.

I've noticed a lot recently that there seems to be a lot of people managing to kill me when watching the killcam's after being killed. The person killing me didn't even have the crosshair over me or near me but is able to get kills even headshots.

Is 343i aware of this or are these people using aimbots to get these sorts of kills?

Are there 2 liscenses for DLC's?

I have the LE but Map Packs and Specializations seem to only have liscense for gamertag only.....All DLC's for every game I own work for anyone on the console AND gamertag. I have the Family Gold Membership

Now since the release of crimson, it only works for my (Primary Account) and not everyone playing the console.....Why is that 343?

I dont really expect a reply from anyone at 343 as this problem has gone unanswered for some reason since Crimson release and you guys offer no one any avenue to contact you directly except these forums that you seem to ignore.

Im very disappointed in the Customer Support as there seems to be none. It would be nice however if you guys wouldnt ignore individual requests for help and information.

Thank you for your time

Some DLC is not console specific but is Gamertag specific. I've spoke with MS on this in the past and that was their response.

1 reticle disapears in the middle of combat

2 rifle locks open when reloading and wont continue to be reloaded or fired

3 plasma grenades fly through opponents

4 grenades at times dont do damage to oponents

5 melee at times does no damage to opponents

6 grenades and bullets fly through walls

7 (along with 6) fragmentation grenades follow me around corners and i dont mean they bounce i mean the follow me around like three corners and kill me lol

over all Halo 4 is in my mind the best halo game out I love the ranking system is awesome i reached max rank (SR 130) and completed all of the specializations in two months and the campaign was amazing nice job 343 But please FIx the bugs!! :laughing:

• Like 1

Actually it's been four months since the release of Halo 4 and the problem continues (Servers issues, Bugs , errors)

, the game is good but do not deny it could have been better, the only thing I see is that unblocked all majors, and the maps are missing (Forge) some game modes (still missing king of the hill, sniper) but the multiplayer is actually a waste, especially on weekends where the lag is much more noticeable

Based on the above I decided to play this latest little .... or until I get the Battlefield 3 (15 days)

La verdad ya han pasado 4 meses desde el lanzamiento de halo 4 y el problema continua , el juego es bueno no lo niego pero pudo haber sido mejor, lo unico que veo es que desbloquearon todas las especializaciones ,ya aparecen los mapas perdidos (forge),algunos modos de juego (todavia falta el rey de la colina, sniper) pero el multijugador sigue hecho una basura, especialmente los fines de semana donde el lag se hace mucho mas notorio.

En base a todo lo anterior he decidido jugar esta ultima entrega muy poco .... o hasta que me llegue el Battlefield 3 (15 dias)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still not able to install disc 2. Tried downloading multiplayer wargames and spartan ops through xbox live market but it seems like i'm only able to download the wargames. But here's another problem, i'm only able to play on 2 maps which are solace and adrift. So most of the time it'll just bring me back to the start screen after the loading finish. The only multiplayer game types i'm able to play are infinity slayer and swat cos it seems like those 2 are the only ones with those 2 maps. Even so, i'll spend most of my time in the loading and start screen, and only able to play a few matches. I'm also unable to install halo 4 disc 1 into HDD and i can't seem to load halo waypoint. When i tried loading halo waypoint, it'll just crash and i'll receive the message saying something like not able to start the game and i have to re-download it. I tried deleting and re-downloading halo waypoint but it didn't work. I've cleared the cache many times as well, nothing seems to work. I noticed that whenever i download halo waypoint, the downloading will be fast but it'll just stop at around 80% and the downloading will just end. Check my storage and it wasn't corrupted but when i tried entering halo waypoint, the problem will appear again. Really disappointing stopped playing for 2 months and i came back hoping there will be an update, a fix for these issues but there seems to be none. Can anyone help me out? ANyone facing the same problem as i do? :/

It's getting pretty damn annoying when I finish a game and the next one I'm automatically thrown into has a full enemy team and it's just me or another player on my team

The join in progress system was designed to stop you being left in a match on your own, it is not perfect but even in the case you describe (which is rare by my experience) more players will be added soon after you. So in a short space of time you should have an almost full team.

have patience with it, besides the less of you their is the more opportunity you have to kill the enemy.