Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

How you guys weren't prepared for the War Games Map Pass or Limited Edition customers are beyond me. Were there only 17 people that got those for you not to care? We are obviously, not happy about this. We have a level of expectation from you and it not to be slow or to leave us behind. Whatever happens after this point, make sure it doesn't happen in the future maps packs. Do not fail us!

• Like 1

Unlike many people I got my specialization code in an e-mail right around the time I was supposed to. At the time I was SR38 or something, and I redeemed it. Only recently did I reach SR50 to choose a specialization, but when I did only Wetwork and Operator were available. So while I got my code, it didn't appear to work. I'm not that worried about it because I suspect this will all be ironed out in good time, but I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue.

It may be because I'm running on trial subscriptions until I get another 12 months of gold for Christmas. If not though, I hope the problem gets fixed eventually because I was really looking forward to a couple specializations :). I was seriously interested in wetwork anyway.

my sister recently bought an old 360 a few months ago and didn't get any games for it so when halo 4 came out she went and got it along with a controler. what was wierd was that she told me there was a glitch. there have been many problems with signing in on it but not that much note that she had bought the legendary edition and so she was able to get around the glitch by using the 14 day free trial for gold membership and beat the entire game however when i played it and not with a gold membership the glitch happened. what the glitch is is this: after about the second or third level where you first face off against hunters and master chief jumps into the first slip space portal in the game, right around the point where you see prometheans for the first time it begins to load the next level and then immediately kicks us back to the start menu. my sister(like an idiot) believes that the only way to get around it is to pay for gold membership however i do not want to just to finish the campaign and since we OWN the disc it would only make sense that we should be able to play it all the way through on campaign without any hassles we know the disc is not scratched because we tested it on our friends xbox and it works like a charm so the prob must be somewhere in the xbox's functions or the game not working right because of some programing error or something any feed back?

I never received my Specializations upgrade code. I've posted on Waypoint multiple times, on XBox Live and now I am posting here at the source. This is an issue and/or error, so I am posting in this thread.

Gamertag: Bouchmandingo

34 years old.

Live in NY State

Yes to last question.

I meet all the requirements, so please send the upgrade code to the primary or secondary email address listed in my XBox Live profile, or directly to my XBL account email in game. I hit LVL 70 last night and I am angry and don't feel like playing anymore. I was so excited for this game and 343 did an admirable job, but this and the lagginess completely ruins it. It's sad, and the deletion of the Specializations thread off of the Waypoint forums is a slap in the face that this issue is just going to be swept under the rug.

I already pre-ordered the Crimson Map Pack a while ago in anticipation. I downloaded it...oh well. This is false advertising and 343 is not following through on their promise. Be happy that a bunch of nerds haven't raged enough to start a class-action lawsuit against 343 at this point, because there would be sufficient grounds for it.

Do what's right and invest some of the multi-millions you made on this most profitable Halo game ever into fixing the issues you created..and do it really fast.

• Like 1

Getting pretty annoyed here -- 3 days now of not being able to connect to the servers. I paid $60 for this game and now I'm not getting my moneys worth. 343, you are leaving a bad taste in my mouth regarding Halo, and I've been playing sinceCombat Evolved. You are epicly failing at filling Bungie's shoes. Time to get with the program, get off your asses, and fix the servers.

My problems with the specializations code got fixed. All Microsoft said to do is erase halo 4 file form hardrive, move saved halo4 game profile somewhere else and re-download everything except specialization. Remember move saved halo 4 game saves or save them somewhere else because your going to erase EVERYTHING.

What Microsoft said:

From the Xbox Dashboard. Go to:

Settings>System>Storage>Hard Drive>Games and Apps>Halo 4

Delete the following file: Halo 4 Game Unlocks.

Clear System Cache.

Go back to the Xbox Dashboard. Go to:

Settings>Account>Download History

Select and download Infinity Actual Kit only.

If that does not resolve the issue, move all your Halo 4 videos, film clips, and screenshots, forge maps, and game types to File Share or another storage device (Cloud Storage, Memory Unit, or USB flash drive). DO NOT transfer any DLC and leave them in the folder. I'm going to have you delete the Halo 4 folder.

After you have moved what you want to save. While in the Games and Apps folder:

Highlight the Halo 4 folder.

Press "Y" for Game Options.

Select Delete.

Go back to the Xbox Dashboard. Go to:

Settings>Account>Download History

Select and download Infinity Actual Kit only and any other Halo 4 DLC. DO NOT download "Specialization Priority Alpha".

This will reset your Halo 4 content as it was before downloading the token from 343 Industries. Also, you will need to reinstall disc 2.

Let me know if this works for anyone!!!

Can't play the Crimson DLC maps - says I have to buy em but I got em for free through the specialization priority alpha mix up. I do have the maps in my HDD, but it still says I need to buy em (it acts as if i never owned them). This happened just after the recent 30MB update. Any news on this? Reeeeaaallly sucks seeing as the new maps really added the missing flavor Halo was missing.

Thanks

EDIT: saw previous post and tired the solution, but apparently I never downloaded Infinity Actual Kit. Suggestions?

Today I experienced some issues with what people (GamesStop, XBox Live) are saying is the server. When I start the game it reads that it cannot validate my settings and to make sure I am logged into xbox live, and/or have the War Games Map Pack. Well, I bought the special edition that is supposed to include all of that. I lost my load outs, and specializations. It worked fine yesterday and now it is not working today... Anyone have any suggestions besides what the ambassador at Xbox Live told, to keep restarting my system?! Thanks

Stil nothing with Crimson DLC bug: can't play the maps since the latest 30MB update. You guys are doing a horrible job taking up the Halo mantle. Hope you get with it soon, cause Id hate to see this game lose its shine just cause you guys cant run your ****. I'm paying good money for this, so hurry up and fix it. Even tried deleting everything Halo from my HDD and nothing works. You guys haven't even addressed the issue directly- havent seen anything on Xbox Live, Waypoint, or even the news section on this site. It's on you. Again: FIX IT.

• Like 2

Hi guys... I would like to expose a problem I found in halo 4 about armors and skins dlc, in particular about the bre-order bonuses... which honestly peeve me off! :angry:

So, I live in italy and I had any way to get those bonuses. And now I cant even download the halo 4 king of the hill app to get the locus helmet. :shok: :wallbash:

Anyone knows if 343 will release a future dlc with the pre-oreder dlc?

I don't like this idea of the pre-oreder bonuses and I think other people agree with me... ^_^

bye

Let me start by saying that custom games, is not (as) fun. You can't really edit much in the settings for your game(ESPECIALLY FLOOD). In flood for example, you cannot edit flood loadouts or equipment and that's no fun for a map that you specifically made for flood to have a specific weapon or equipment. I love custom games, it's a lot of fun, but halo 4's, needs updates. Now I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this but it is really starting to bug me an I don't really play halo 4 much because of this reason.

Next: Forge- Its very buggy to get you started. Placing objects correctly the first time on impact for example is nearly impossible. The object begins move without you moving it, you begin to teleport across the map repeatedly, ect. Placing objects in "phased" is difficult when your putting it in the map or another object because it begins to push it self out of the ground or object. I'd play halo 4 a lot more if these INCOMPLETE FILES and BUGS were fixed.

PS:It would be FANTASTIC if Grifball and extraction were specifically picked game types in the "find game" category of matchmaking.

Happy Holidays ~Falling shots