Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

There is a save a bug in the forge mode. After spending a bunch of time building a map, I saved the game from the start menu and immediatly turned off the xbox. When I went back, it had not saved. I tested it out and found that it will not save untill you exit the forge session. Saving from the start menu does not do it.

Ok, here's a real bug that is repeating without fail for me. In matchmaking after someone leaves a game and the game goes through the finding new host process and once the game resumes, I cannot sprint and my armor ability is gone. Also, my loadout defaults to the battle rifle premade loadout. This gets fixed if I pick a new loadout and die. But I've lost a hand full of close games now because I was unable to sprint or use armor abilities at a clutch moment. I cannot say for sure, if it occurs in every playlist, but it happens every time in Big Team. This seems to be happening to a lot of people and many just are not noticing it because they die quickly after or just do not have the wherewithal to process what is going wrong.

The reconnecting also causes vehicles and weapons to respawn like in Reach. I always thought this was a glitch and it's frustrating to see this coming up again. I've heard a couple people claim they can force the reconnecting process to happen so they can snag a new vehicle or weapon. Whether or not they were telling the truth I'm not sure, however, I imagine a lot of people are trying it.

When I search for a game and the UNSC rotating thing comes up, I usually get kicked out. If I do manage to play, it's extremely laggy. When I finish the game, the disc thinks i've been disconnected from xbl even though I can press the guide button and view my friends list.

I don't think it's my connection because A) I've never had any problem with any previous halo games before 4 and B) My computer is still connected and C) I'm not using ANY bandwidth other than the game itself and posting on this forum.

Howdy.

Someone already put a video up of this bug on YouTube here: https://www.youtube....h?v=yg53lqMMQi4

On the Solo Campaign mission Reclaimer right before leaving the Mammoth, the ground disappears. After the Cortana voice over, the Mammoth disappears.

When the ground disappears, if I jump off the Mammoth, I fall for a little bit, the screen freezes, and I go back to the previous checkpoint. The Mammoth does not fall though. When the Mammoth disappears, I do not fall through it. The textures are gone but the physics remain.

Save and quitting then resuming the campaign does not fix this. Restarting the XBOX does not fix this. Starting the game from Rally Point - Bravo causes me to lose my saved progress but at least lets me start from where I would have been had the game not bugged out.

IMHO: This game seems more like a beta than a finished product. If the company releasing this beta game forces us to pay to be beta testers, then it would be nice if said company at least provided said beta testers with a dedicated bug forum.

Thanks and good luck.

Update:

The reason for this bug is hooked in to the unidentified covenant ship in the previous area. If the ship doesn't blow up, then the next are does not load. I think it has to do with the method of getting on the ship. I hypothesize that if I use the jetpack to go to the top of the ship, then the ship does not fly away and blow up. If I use the normal means to board the ship, then it acts normally.

This probably is not considered a bug, but:

PLEASE apply Look Inversion to Flying.

Why have Y-axis inversion (in the options menu) apply only to being on foot but not being in the air? It's very disorientating to play the game for 6-7 hours inverted, then jump in a banshee, pelican or whatever and discover everything's the opposite. In the latter half of the campaign (you know what sequence) I crashed literally dozens of times because the controls didn't respond as I thought they would.

So please either patch the thing, so it applied to both, or add another option to the menu for "inverted flying" or at the absolute minimum fix this for the next game.

Hey it is Nov. 12th and I've been stuck in this "fallback hopper made" all day, literally atleasdt 10 hours. I cannot play with my friends, get not even half the exp for games and cant do spec ops. It seems to have been going on and a fix happened but I'm starting to wonder if they realize it's happening again since it's 6 days later. Anyway, my Gamertag is Durtie 1 and if someone from 343 could get back to me on how to fix this or fix it from your end, I'd appreciate it.

This probably is not considered a bug, but:

PLEASE apply Look Inversion to Flying.

Why have Y-axis inversion (in the options menu) apply only to being on foot but not being in the air? It's very disorientating to play the game for 6-7 hours inverted, then jump in a banshee, pelican or whatever and discover everything's the opposite. In the latter half of the campaign (you know what sequence) I crashed literally dozens of times because the controls didn't respond as I thought they would.

So please either patch the thing, so it applied to both, or add another option to the menu for "inverted flying" or at the absolute minimum fix this for the next game.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But I'm almost positive there is 2 options for inverted y-axis: 1 for on foot and 1 for in Vehicle. So look over the settings again; it should be there.

My only major problem right now is, I can't even play the Campaign due to the un-readable disk error and not being able to load the maps; same with trying to copy it to the harddrive. I am also having game sound and effects go out within Infinity modes, which I think is also related to the disk error. Maybe I should try swapping the disk. I'm worried it won't help though; I'm on an older 360 with the chrome disk drive, but a newer harddrive with alot of space.

Hey it is Nov. 12th and I've been stuck in this "fallback hopper made" all day, literally atleasdt 10 hours. I cannot play with my friends, get not even half the exp for games and cant do spec ops. It seems to have been going on and a fix happened but I'm starting to wonder if they realize it's happening again since it's 6 days later. Anyway, my Gamertag is Durtie 1 and if someone from 343 could get back to me on how to fix this or fix it from your end, I'd appreciate it.

I am having the same issue i heard SWAT was up so i played like 2 games and then went to pick up my friend so we could both play and when i get back im on the same Fall back server crap and i cant play the new spartan ops or anything its stupid i just wanna play me some SWAT and its just not getting resolved.

Gamertag: dUsTiNqT

Help a brotha out.

Mine won't even let me play. All it tells me player is missing downloadable content. Any help would be GREAT.

Is there a fix for this yet? Mine is doing the same thing. I'm kicked out almost every time. Anybody heard anything? It's a week later and it's still happening. Or, does anyone know where I can return my game to the 343 and they can just give me my money back?

gamertag: da booninja

Hi I been playing Halo 4 the day after it came out and i been playing just fine. For the last two days that has all changed.

I keep getting booted from games.

There is only like a 100 or so people playing it shows.

I can't play spartan ops

It says servers are down and reverted to original playlist.

All my monthly and weekly challenges are reset.

I am rank 33 but my exp bar goes up only slightly because it doesn't register right at end.

Got the game at midnight release play matchmaking all night, next few nights saw that the halo 4 server were down, didnt worry about it, after that starting playing again on matchmaking than just yesterday now it's saying halo 4 server are down and everyone I know has no problems with anything and of course my spartan ops doesn't work either so I hope anyone can help me... I clear out my cache and restarted everything, hopefully it's just a small bug on my end and 343 will patch it.... Soon!!

Hello,

I confirm programming error mentioned previously.

When in the menu matchmaking, players have been chosen for a new game, the program offers three cards to choose from.

If players log out and there are only players of one team, then when the game starts it stops immediately and the players automatically win the game.

This triggers the error : in the following games it is impossible to select the package (with Y) early in the game or after each rebirth. Quit the game, start another does not change, you must restart the halo4 through the menu xbox.

And I confirm what was said Shewby.

I've never seen a game with so many bugs, errors in programming.

message translated with google translate from French

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, i have even resorted to dealing with Microsoft customer support for 2 hours on the phone and they seemed to resolve absolutely nothing and in the process had me delete half of my storage on my console for no reason. Basically the issue is that if I try to do anything at all in halo 4 I am sent straight back to the main menu, this issue didn't occur at all accept slightly through out me beating the campaign, some missions after completion would send me back to the main menu and I would have to try 3 to 4 times to get it back in game, after campaign I wanted to play online so I downloaded the spartan ops and war games content. After that I couldn't play anything, it all resorts to me going back to the main menu, sometimes if I'm lucky maybe I can hop in one or 2 matches but only briefly. I'm not sure if this is due to the use of an original xbox 360 or if anyone else is having this issue but if anyone else is and knows how to fix it please help me out, thanks.

So I've really been enjoying Halo 4, especially matchmaking. Ever since the Sunday update, however, I've noticed ALOT of issues. In other words, I can't play in matchmaking period... Rather aggravating...

I've seen a few people with issues but nothing like mine. The odd part is these issues continue to cycle, and when I do get in a match, its extremely laggy.

Usually what happens first is I will get into a match (After it taking an unusually long time to find other players) and after voting, and the subsequent loading screen, it will kick me out of the match and make me vote again like I had just joined. The odd part is, I'm the only person in the game...

Following this I've gotten a black screen a few times during the loading in which it will say I'm disconnected from Xbox Live. I can reconnect right after, so its very odd. My laptop right next to me won't get kicked off, just my Xbox.

The one match I did manage to get into today saw some extremely bad rubber banding and latency, basically making both games a chore (SWAT and Big Team Slayer).

Now, before anyone says anything, I am experienced in Networking, and I have reset my router and my Xbox numerous times with no effect. This issue has only started Sunday after the matchmaking update, so I'm guessing that is to blame (I hope so, anyway).

*RECENT* Got into a Dominion game pretty fast and the lag was horrible... Lets just say I was watching people rubber band all over, including myself, and shields were going off and on, etc. We're talking 20 seconds for a grenade I threw to explode... WTF?!

Technical Info-v

Xbox Model- Arcade

Internet Type- Road Runner HS: 10 Mbps/1 Mbps

Router- Netgear N600 Dual Band WNDR3400v2

Connection Type- Wireless via Microsoft Xbox 360 Dual Band wireless network adapter.