Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

When i start playing the campaign i am able to get to the part where your climbing up the elevator shaft or whatever it is on the first level and once i get to the top i get sent back to the main menu with no explanation why, does any one know why this could be happening, i am also playing on the original Xbox if that has any thing to do with it

I can't even play the campaign. I've installed disk 2. I've installed the game. The prologue plays when I start a new campaign, but then it won't load the first level. It just takes me back to the loading screen. Multiplayer seems to be working save for the servers being down, however the campaign refuses to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

You got the same problem as me. Does yours tell you, you did not download something too?

• Like 1

So i bought a brand new halo 4 copy picked it up two hours ago and i can't even play the campaign or multi-player what do i do i start the campaign but it just keeps playing the prolog or just takes me back to the title screen i'm getting really ticked off

You got the same problem as me. Does yours tell you, you did not download something too?

me to but it didnt say anything about re-downloading anything
  • Like 1

I have had a lot of games where map based (not personal) ordinance drops all show up in the HUD as spartan lasers but they are actually snipers, rockets, etc. Also lots of occasions when map based ordinance drops don't show up on the map at all and I just stumble across them. Plus all the the annoying server and party issues everyone else is talking about.

So i bought a brand new halo 4 copy picked it up two hours ago and i can't even play the campaign or multi-player what do i do i start the campaign but it just keeps playing the prolog or just takes me back to the title screen i'm getting really ticked off

me to but it didnt say anything about re-downloading anything

I don't have any error messages. The game will just revert back to the main menu (after what I think is the game trying to load the first level) without saying anything.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just wanted to report a simple problem I was having. I have the ltd ed of Halo 4 and the perks of owning it worked just fine. I switched to my bonus armor and everything seemed good. After installing the second disk for Infinity play, I no longer have my ltd ed perks. My bonus armor and everything is gone, and I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else seen this happen to them?

I'm playing through the game and had just got to the point where master chief jumps through the porthole that Cortana opens and....i get the Halo 4 start screen again telling me to press start? i go to campaigns ,select the missions i have played and try to start Forerunner,it says it's preparing the game...loading etc..etc but seems to fail and after several attempts to load i get the "one player may be missing downloadable content"?? whats going on? do i need to load the second disc for campaign as well oor just multiplayer?

• Like 1

I think the biggest issue I have been having is connection issues with the host.

Ive been shot around corners a couple of times, and even been killed by someone not looking at me (all according to the "kill cams"

Aside from that, is how well is the thruster pack supposed to work?

Mine only seem to give me a 3 inch boost, which actually slows me down more than it speeds me up :(

• Like 1

i cant play the camaign or the multiplayer

i played the first 15 min's of the first level and it froze since then i haven't been able to play.when i boot up the campaign either freezes in the loading screen or goes back to the main page .

after 2 hours of that i decide to try multiplayer it tells me to switch to the second disc to install when i do that it just shows a black screen then the disc is unreadable. ive tried playing other games and they play fine.

i <3 the halo franchise and i like the direction 343 is taking it but these technical issues are ruining my launch day that i have looked forward to for months

I'm playing through the game and had just got to the point where master chief jumps through the porthole that Cortana opens and....i get the Halo 4 start screen again telling me to press start? i go to campaigns ,select the missions i have played and try to start Forerunner,it says it's preparing the game...loading etc..etc but seems to fail and after several attempts to load i get the "one player may be missing downloadable content"?? whats going on? do i need to load the second disc for campaign as well oor just multiplayer?

I am having an issue in the same location. While playing through the campaign, immediately after jumping through the portal at the end of Requiem, I received a "disc unreadable" error.

Upon restarting and attempting to continue the campaign from that point, the game takes a very long time to prepare the game. I am able to start the mission, but a half second into the loading splash screen the game freezes and gives me another disc read error.

I have examined the disc, and there are no scratches or foreign objects/substances on it. The game only left the case to be transferred to the console, and there was no opportunity for it to be damaged.

Please advise.

I beat the game on legendary i didnt get the mark 6 armor i have all the achievements saying i beat the game on legendary i have all the achievements for beating each level still no armor my friends got it but not me and im using split screen and the person i was using split screen didnt get it also. it says i have 5/8 levels beat is there a fix or somthing?

Not sure if this is a glitch or what not, but I have the limited edition, and the specialization codes seemed to have done nothing. I thought they were supposed to unlock and they aren't even showing up in my list.

Also, shouldn't I be able to use them too? Or is just like they are there and I have to do something to get them?

Plus I can't connect to my friends to be in a party at all.

Same here, was even using them this morning before the crash, then I get on tonight and they're all gone... However I still have the Avatar Armor, so not like it was all- deleted :/

• Like 1

I am having an issue in the same location. While playing through the campaign, immediately after jumping through the portal at the end of Requiem, I received a "disc unreadable" error.

Upon restarting and attempting to continue the campaign from that point, the game takes a very long time to prepare the game. I am able to start the mission, but a half second into the loading splash screen the game freezes and gives me another disc read error.

I have examined the disc, and there are no scratches or foreign objects/substances on it. The game only left the case to be transferred to the console, and there was no opportunity for it to be damaged.

Please advise.

Was able to play through the next mission after a few attempts at loading. However, I encountered the same issue at the end of mission "Forerunner."

I play xbox with inverted controls (weird I know). Anyways, when play the campaign and trying to drive a Banshee it is very difficult; because once in the Banshee, steering becomes normal (not inverted) and I cannot drive the vehicle like this because the controls are now opposite. Please fix this !!

Well as far as the internet connection problems, its cuz of a server overload.

The main reason i am writing to you id because i play inverted too and im good af and its freaking cool to be able to find another inverted player.

As for your banshee go to your controller settings and scroll lower to where it says flying camera or controls or w.e change it there. I had the same problem lol