Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

My levels have so far not been resetting, however some of my friends have. None of us are able to play with eachother online or in Campaign after one level or mission, the game will boot us into seperate parties and we will not be able to join eachother until we reboot the xbox. None of us have strict NAT types.

The game is fine, I just have an issue with the Kill-Cam in certain game types like Slayer and CTF. It kind of ruins the spirit of the game for me, and a lot of others. It should be an option, not a necessity. We have it in Big team Battle, why not all the other game modes.

In conclusion, added options for kill cam.

I'm having a problem becuase i bught the limited edition of the game and in entered the code for the specializations and the map packs but now when i look at the specializations page all 8 are there and then they dissapear and if i sign out and in again they come back and then some times dissapear. any help???!!!

So i bought the limited edition. And Downloaded all the cool stuff for it, avatar armor, cryo tube...all that, including the awesome sauce map pack specialization stuff. NONE OF IT SHOWS UP! SERIOUSLY! I under stand launch day problems but REALLY? 343, im impressed with the campaign, but come on guys, your dropping the ball not even 24hours in. Reach wasnt this bad. Halo 3 wasnt any where close to this bad. Whats the problem? Didnt expect half the world to want to play on launch day? FIX IT! FIX IT NOW!

DROP THE GOD DAMN CAP FOR XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Can't join any sort of party with anyone on Xbox Live.

Showing me as SR 1, doesn't let me use my loadouts. Needler op, need nerf.

hah needler op? naw it kinda sucks never had an issue with it. :D oh and 343 DROP THE GOD DAMN XP CAP!

STATUS NOT JOINABLE WHIT A ******* RED LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So im buying that game at the MIDNIGHT LAUNCH like every HALO fan that derserve the name and i can't even ******* play a single game now today cause ur **** is not working right. How about u make a ******* server that can stand over than 200 000 peoples at the same time? On halo 2 day 1 there was over 2,000,000 peoples online and it was working just fine and it was on the friking XBOX. GET UR **** UP i did not pay 60$ bucks to watch the lobby all day long FOR CHIRST SAKE 343 DO SOMETHING

It was working this night but at this time everything is messed UP!!!!

Is anyone else having similar problems like me: not being able to play the ******* campaign itself. I've installed disk two, got a message that says " please insert disk one" you see the a =ok button you press it just so it won't do ****. You press the eject button on the Xbox put in disk one all so you can get told "player did not download something" or something like that?

Not sure if this is a glitch or what not, but I have the limited edition, and the specialization codes seemed to have done nothing. I thought they were supposed to unlock and they aren't even showing up in my list.

Also, shouldn't I be able to use them too? Or is just like they are there and I have to do something to get them?

Plus I can't connect to my friends to be in a party at all.

STATUS NOT JOINABLE WHIT A ******* RED LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So im buying that game at the MIDNIGHT LAUNCH like every HALO fan that derserve the name and i can't even ******* play a single game now today cause ur **** is not working right. How about u make a ******* server that can stand over than 200 000 peoples at the same time? On halo 2 day 1 there was over 2,000,000 peoples online and it was working just fine and it was on the friking XBOX. GET UR **** UP i did not pay 60$ bucks to watch the lobby all day long FOR CHIRST SAKE 343 DO SOMETHING

It was working this night but at this time everything is messed UP!!!!

dude they are doing the best they can. it is thier first majorgame just give em a break. i suspect everything will be working fine by friday

Not sure if this is a glitch or what not, but I have the limited edition, and the specialization codes seemed to have done nothing. I thought they were supposed to unlock and they aren't even showing up in my list.

Also, shouldn't I be able to use them too? Or is just like they are there and I have to do something to get them?

Plus I can't connect to my friends to be in a party at all.

same thing happened to me. they appear in my specialization page but they all have padlocks over therm lol
  • Like 1

I too bought Halo 4 last night at midnight and immediately started playing it with friends online. We played for hours online and called it a night, but earlier this morning, the servers crashed and deranked all of us while they were down. The servers came back up temporarily, but went right back down within thirty or forty minutes. I can still search for matches, but it takes a while to find them and I have to search alone for the most part. I expected issues to be a possibility, but it won't even let us join each other's lobbies to play campaign or custom games hardly. Please continue to work hard on this 343. This game is fantastic from what I have played so far and I look forward to playing it more asap. Thanks.

I can't even play the campaign. I've installed disk 2. I've installed the game. The prologue plays when I start a new campaign, but then it won't load the first level. It just takes me back to the loading screen. Multiplayer seems to be working save for the servers being down, however the campaign refuses to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having similar problems like me: not being able to play the ******* campaign itself. I've installed disk two, got a message that says " please insert disk one" you see the a =ok button you press it just so it won't do ****. You press the eject button on the Xbox put in disk one all so you can get told "player did not download something" or something like that? Can 343 itself answer my question or can tell me something!

• Like 1

dude they are doing the best they can. it is thier first majorgame just give em a break. i suspect everything will be working fine by friday

same thing happened to me. they appear in my specialization page but they all have padlocks over therm lol

the guy on top has a point if we pay $60 for a game ($400 in my case I got the system) it better work. They should expect an insane amount of people on at once and prepare for such an event. I played for 5 hours w/o any issues and then got locked out from my friends. I expect this from Activision but not Halo. Im assuming its because of the inferior 343 because Bungie never had this issue. Oh and once again DROP THE XP CAP!

Today i got halo 4 and the multiplayer was great i was playing with my friends and everything then later today it de ranked me to level 1 then said i was unable to play multiplayer and i couldn't join any of my friends games. When i press start it shows me my real spartan and his real rank but online it doesn't any body else have this problem and if you do is there anyway to fix it or get in contact with 343,

this happened to me too. its nothing to worry about. eventually if u turn ur xbox off and back on or just wait it out for a while it will go back to normall

this about losing my double xp matches. so first i had got halo 4 last night at midnight and i got home and applied my double xp matches (184 in all). after that i got on multiplayer and played a few matches (had about 170 matches left) then i got off. i got on this morning and played some more. then after one match my rack went down to 1 but i kept playing and wasn't getting double xp. then i couldn't play online, guessing the servers went down. so i went to play custom matches with some friends. after a little bit of that my characters level went back up to 18. so i decided to check i could play online and i could. so i played a match and atfer the match i saw that it said i only had around 40 matches left. but i kept playing thinking it was a glitch but now im down to 28 matches left. if someone could help me out with this id really appreciate it.

thank you.

Alright, here's one that's not complaining about server issues the studio is already aware of...

While playing the first campaign Mission, Dawn, on Heroic: after entering the airlock immediately after the Forerunner planet scans the Chief and opens a gravity well, the game froze, cut to black, and kicked me back to the main menu. The game does not indicate that any progress on the mission was saved.

I will replay the mission and report if the bug repeats itself.