Spartan Rank resetting intermittently

ObviouslyJesus

Is anyone else experiencing a glitch that displays your rank as SR1 after matches? I personally am not, but I am posting on behalf of my friend.

Generally, he will start playing a matchmaking match at his rank (SR7 at the moment), but about halfway through, he will lose access to his custom loadouts, service tag, armor customization, etc., and in some games he will not even gain experience afterwards. Upon exiting the game, he will be listed as an SR1, but on the stat-tracker he is still SR7.

I assume this is desync from the central server that stores all that data, but it seems to only be affecting him at the moment. Just wanted to know if this is more widespread, what the cause could be locally, and, if not local, what the ETA is on a fix, if 343 even knows at all. It's keeping him from progressing in MP, and I'm losing a valuable teammate in his absence.

• Like 2

I'm getting the same bug, but I'm stuck at SR-5. Today I hit SR-8 after completing my second legendary solo campaign mission, and now that I've completed my third, SR-5 again. Cmon now, I know this is all just for pretty shinies/loadouts, but I'm feeling kinda stunted. 3 legendary missions and not a single rank up? Kidding me?

• 3 weeks later...

Same here guys! It happened to me before but only very, very briefly. It reverted back before long. And now, there i was SR55 Pioneer, and it had happened again. I'm going to do the best i can to help you guys out. I have known some people to fix the problem so here are all the statistic i can think will be useful:

Known Issues:

- Loadouts will before unusable.

- Spartan armour appears as "Recruit" at "SR1" One the player stat card in the lobby.

- Service tag resets and appears as a random combination of letters and numbers.

- Armour and initial stats appear as normal (before the problem) In the Menu and armoury.

- Most Playlists will be removed, and most people in infinity multilayer will have the same armour as you. (Recruit armour)

- You will be regularly informed by a box saying "Online updates detected" (Or something like that)

- You will be unable to use Spartan Ops.

- When you go on infinity you will notice there are significantly less people online.

- When you go on infinity you will be regularly informed that the servers are down

- Other live accounts on your Xbox may not be experiencing the same issues.

Possible solutions: (Have worked for some, so try them out!)

- Sign out of you Xbox live account and then in again (Has worked)

- Turn your Xbox on and off again, At the console, Then the socket. (Not proven - But recommended)

- Play a single game of infinity multilayer if you can (Any gametype) all the way through (Has worked)

- Wait it out (Rumored to work)

- Leave your Xbox turned off for an hour or so, along with your Internet Modem (Make sure no on else on your property is using the Internet though! You wont want to upset people) (Not proven - But recommended)

Seeing as most likely, these solutions wont work for everyone (Like me) I just recommend you sleep on it (Leave it off overnight) Go to school / Collage / Work or whatever in the morning without touching the xbox (No matter how tempted you may be!) If anyone is still having problems, please PM Me. GT: "Raxs Slayer" And if i can resolve the issue i will tell anyone who want to know. Thanks guys, I hope this helped!