Halo 4 Clan Operation

LTD Velocity

As an "average gamer", and an "Ordinary Halo Player", I want to discuss an excellent trait that introduces people together, and tournaments, and games together. Clans. In Halo 4, will we be able to see a clan set up? Or will that be in a future halo performed by "343 industries" actions? Thanks for checking this thread out, and feel free to comment your personal belief about a halo clan operation / opinion.

1) Will Halo 4 introduce a clan "setup" or "operation" to successfully create clan games and clan operations with an organized board on current clans (best clans, ranked clans, Etc.? Will 343 industries introduce the first ever clan set up to create clan and ranked games? Will clans be able to organize a community of strategics and planning to be able to reach the top of the ladder and strive to reach a higher rank? If not, should 343 industries build this in their next halo?

For entertainment purposes , please feel free to check out the link below (fan made halo 4 clan movie).

(rick click, "Open link in new tab") for better use.

Thank you,

-LTD Velocity

Clans were done away with after Halo 2, mainly because it caused "ubercompetitiveness", and resulted in a lot of hate in the Halo Community.

Or it could be that it was rendered obsolete by the way the new X-Box Live was set up. Who knows. Point is, it was cut from the games for some reason, but there's nothing stopping players from using in-game items (i.e. emblems and callsigns) to identify the members of their clan.

• Like 1

There have been a couple of references by 343i that there will be clan support. However, someone from 343i said in an interview that a clan system will be introduced through title updates in "the not-to-distant-future". So there is no exact time that we will be getting clan support, but we have been assured it will come.

As for how the clan system will work, no one knows for sure yet. I've gone over my ideas in my article http://www.halo4clan.com/article.php?articlename=Halo+4+Groups%3A+How+343i+Might+Implement+Them

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 4 needs clans badly. None of my friends play at night and the majority of people are on COD. Halo 2 had issues with clans because it was a rank and all you had to do was join. I remember all the moon and high ranks so it showed everyone as high rank when they were not. There was also cheating issues. But Halo 4 needs clans not for the purpose of a matchmaking category but to enhance and grow the community together. Thank you 343 for a great game.

• Like 1

In response to the Director.

I can't speak with any certainty as to whether or not Clans added hatred to the Halo community personally I think that you might be noticing 2 things which happened at the same time but were not actually related, there was also more glitching and cheating but we can't blame that on clans. Yes xbox live was a bit more hostile back then but it was also more social. I have noticed since returning to Halo that not many people talk, in fact not many people are even wearing mics. As for competitiveness yea clans definitely increased that but whats wrong with that? Aren't games with points and winners and loser's made to be played, and if not played to win then why bother? It is my opinion that clans were the greatest addition to any game ever abandoned before it's time. They accomplished so many things, increased competition, created a separation between casual and serious games, allowed you to be apart of a team ( as in an actual "community" rather than just calling your live network the xbox community ), and most importantly STRATEGY!!! You can not implement any high level strategy in any game with people on your team that you have never played with before and even more importantly aren't wearing mics. When you combine the real ranking system of Halo 2 with the Clan system you get an environment where people who want to compete on a higher level can do so against people who are on a similar level and who cooperate with a team. In short the clan games I played in Halo 2 where the most competitive and enjoyable games I ahve played in a Halo game despite the smoother game play and better graphics of later editions.

- Also I am not assuming you are against clans Director I just hear that explanation of why we don't have clans all the time and think it needed to be argued.

I have started a clan called inticom. But it is really hard to build clan maps such as meeting and tournement areas on the forge. there should deffinatly be a forge world placed in ASAP. That's why halo reach had a huge growth spurt in clan activity, the ability to build your own maps on a large space.

• 4 weeks later...

I have started a clan called inticom. But it is really hard to build clan maps such as meeting and tournement areas on the forge. there should deffinatly be a forge world placed in ASAP. That's why halo reach had a huge growth spurt in clan activity, the ability to build your own maps on a large space.

i agree with you i am wanting to start a clan my self but the only world on forge that is close to forge world is ravine but that is much to small. halo 4 should have its own version of forge world pretty much a big open area with maby a box cannon near by. that whould make halo 4 so much better and might give it a larger cumnity as long as its in a free update or free DLC.