How to be a boss with the SAW

DoctorB77

It is a new type of power weapon that we are not used to yet. It is in my opinion a great new addition to the game. I had my doubts at first but 343i has really made it into a respectable weapon. Just don't go to close to anyone who has one, especially if they have a damage boost like they did in the footage.

What an OP weapon.

It's over powered enough, with that Damage Boost you'll be Indestructible!

From my point of view THE SAW is an awesome weapon, but looks like one of the weapons that if you miss just one shot, your kill gets away. Of course we will need to play the game and shoot our ways through Covies, Prometheans and MP to meet a final veredict.

As it stands, it's extremely powerful in general. Every bit as valuable as other power weapons.

It kills VERY fast, at least half the time of an AR kill. It's range really isn't that bad, and it reloads fast, and comes with lots of ammo.

Furthermore, it has a definite intimidation factor. It's hard to aim well while being hit with the SAW, and you literally will be dead in a second. Beating one with a basic rifle close up is very challenging.

It's weakness is actually that it's still not an AOE weapon, and not a 1 shot kill. This means that versus one enemy, it destroys hard. Against two, it can lose easily. Also, it's a pretty big responsibility. It has a lot of ammo, so if you die with it, the enemy will likely put it to good use against you.

i dont think the SAW is very OP. i have used it multiple times and i dont find it to be very effective. I have also killed players who have that weapon in CQC with a BR. I guess i need to learn how to use it better......

It is not very effective at mid range other than cleaning up kills. It is very nice at close quarters. I was in a tunnel on ragnorak and mower down 5 guys. I did not think I would like it originally, but now I get excited when I see it in ordenance.