Halo 4 Ranking System Explained

TrulyExclusive

.....My jimmies feel rustled I just feel that is a big let down :/. Yes I am still going to buy the game and enjoy it but damn. The replay value for me has fallen significantly oh well maybe after I enjoy the game I will forget about the competitive ranking playlist I wanted.

Yeah I have a feeling you will not be alone...a major portion of the community has been wishing for a ranking system and I am pretty sure 343i is not blind to that fact, so the fact that they did not put that in is kind of a slap to the face of the community...

• Like 1

It's impossible that they were blind to that fact. Fans were literally yelling at their faces to incorporate some sort of ranking system, or else the game will fail just like Reach.

Yeah choosing to ignore it is worse...sad that 343i made that decision

I've yet to run across someone who was for no visible ranking system so I'm curious as to who they are catering this to. Hopefully it will be added somehow in a title update.

I have a feeling it can be added in a later update...whether or not they do is the real question...if they decide to listen to the community that is

I've yet to run across someone who was for no visible ranking system so I'm curious as to who they are catering this to. Hopefully it will be added somehow in a title update.

Same here although, having it visible does have players playing in odd ways sometimes. Like boosting or making new accounts and such. In my opinion as long as it's there, it should be fine. As long as I'm paired up against players that will give me a challenge I'll be happy. On a side note how does this matchmaking system work with a party? If you have yourself and 3 other players does the game try to match up players to similar skill of just the host or all the players in the lobby?

Same here although, having it visible does have players playing in odd ways sometimes. Like boosting or making new accounts and such. In my opinion as long as it's there, it should be fine. As long as I'm paired up against players that will give me a challenge I'll be happy. On a side note how does this matchmaking system work with a party? If you have yourself and 3 other players does the game try to match up players to similar skill of just the host or all the players in the lobby?

I agree with you. Regarding your question, I think it will take the average of everyone's skill and use that when matching you up with other players.

To the guys who are gonna moan and complain about this:

I'm sorry you didn't get to show off your skill, but it's not the end of the world. Halo isn't all about showing off, it's also about having fun and a good time. Sure, it's fun to have a visual rank that says you're better than everyone else, but... We'll survive, won't we? ;)

• Like 1

I agree with you. Regarding your question, I think it will take the average of everyone's skill and use that when matching you up with other players.

To the guys who are gonna moan and complain about this:

I'm sorry you didn't get to show off your skill, but it's not the end of the world. Halo isn't all about showing off, it's also about having fun and a good time. Sure, it's fun to have a visual rank that says you're better than everyone else, but... We'll survive, won't we? ;)

Thanks for the info.