Can someone explain why......?

m1ke909

The cadets have no idea who chief is or what the covenant are. When Chief is meant to be a huge war hero from 3 and every human alive should know about the war? Am i being stupid and missing something

Becuase Forward Unto Dawn takes place before the Human Covie war...hence all the cadets were talking about fighting the Insurrectionists and not the Covie. Spartans were top secret when the Covie showed up, MC and the other spartans were not known about. At this point MC was not a war hero. Heck Reach hadnt even fallen yet at this point. The only thing that has happened so far was Contact Harvest and the introduction of the Cole Protocol...the Covie a new threat toHumanity in FUD.

FUD just ties together Lasky and MC becuase they are both in Halo 4. FUD takes place before Halo Reach, which takes place before Halo CE etc.

• Like 3

Becuase Forward Unto Dawn takes place before the Human Covie war...hence all the cadets were talking about fighting the Insurrectionists and not the Covie. Spartans were top secret when the Covie showed up, MC and the other spartans were not known about. At this point MC was not a war hero. Heck Reach hadnt even fallen yet at this point. The only thing that has happened so far was Contact Harvest and the introduction of the Cole Protocol...the Covie a new threat toHumanity in FUD.

FUD just ties together Lasky and MC becuase they are both in Halo 4. FUD takes place before Halo Reach, which takes place before Halo CE etc.

Right that makes a lot of sense lol, i didn't know that, i'm a big fan of halo but i've never really read into the story more than the games think i might have to tbh because half of what you said went straight over my head lol

I'll put in what I know/speculate but i'm no Halo canon/universe expert,

anyway...

Forward unto Dawn is set before the Halo Trilogy and even Reach for that matter ( I believe it's 25-30 years before the games or so? ). The Spartan's and even the covenant were being held secret at this point by ONI? and this is also one of the very first ( not THE first, but one of ) the first encounters Humans have with the covenant.

Also, to clear the confusion, when we see the parts with Cortana talking/arguing/debating with herself in the beginning of these videos, only that is associated with Halo 4. There's another Character but perhaps that may be spoiler-ish.

Master Chief is like 14 or 15 years old in this FUD series ( funny, right? ) and we also may get to see his original team and his close friend, the other Spartan II's, Linda, Kelly? and Fred. Maybe.

So yeah, Forward Unto Dawn is before any Halo events that occur in the games we play.

I think the timelime is something liiiike,

Forward Unto Dawn,

Halo Wars? I'm not sure about this game, sorry

Halo Reach,

Halo Combat evolved/anniversary,

Halo 2,

Halo 3

Halo 4?

Edit ;- Tallgeese ninja'd me D: and I'm sure someone else can clear this up for you, and even me if I'm drastically wrong on my post.

• Like 1

I'll put in what I know/speculate but i'm no Halo canon/universe expert,

anyway...

Forward unto Dawn is set before the Halo Trilogy and even Reach for that matter ( I believe it's 25-30 years before the games or so? ). The Spartan's and even the covenant were being held secret at this point by ONI? and this is also one of the very first ( not THE first, but one of ) the first encounters Humans have with the covenant.

Also, to clear the confusion, when we see the parts with Cortana talking/arguing/debating with herself in the beginning of these videos, only that is associated with Halo 4. There's another Character but perhaps that may be spoiler-ish.

Master Chief is like 14 or 15 years old in this FUD series ( funny, right? ) and we also may get to see his original team and his close friend, the other Spartan II's, Linda, Kelly? and Fred. Maybe.

So yeah, Forward Unto Dawn is before any Halo events that occur in the games we play.

Edit ;- Tallgeese ninja'd me D:

I may ninja bu I am No Ryu lol

• Like 1

Right that makes a lot of sense lol, i didn't know that, i'm a big fan of halo but i've never really read into the story more than the games think i might have to tbh because half of what you said went straight over my head lol

here is a quick timeline (rough of course)

Cryptum-book

Primordium-book

Contact Harvest-book

Cole Protocol-book

Forward Unto Dawn-series

Fall of Reach-book

Halo Reach-game

First Strike-book

Ghosts of Onyx-book

Halo CE-game

The Flood-book

Glasslands-book

Halo Wars-game

Halo 2-game

Halo 3 ODST-game

Halo 3-game

The Thursday War-book

Halo 4-game

again this is just rought, but it kinda helps when getting things organized

• Like 2

Contact Harvest-book

Cole Protocol-book

Forward Unto Dawn-series

Fall of Reach-book

Halo Reach-game

Ghosts of Onyx-book

Halo CE-game

Glasslands-book

Halo Wars-game

Halo 2-game

Halo 3-game

Halo 3 ODST-game

The Thursday War-book

Halo 4-game

You need to put Cryptum and Primordium at the top. The Flood next to Halo CE, then First Strike, then Ghosts of Onyx. Halo 3 ODST needs to be in between Halo 2 and 3 and then it's complete.

You need to put Cryptum and Primordium at the top. The Flood next to Halo CE, then First Strike, then Ghosts of Onyx. Halo 3 ODST needs to be in between Halo 2 and 3 and then it's complete.

Well Id dint include Cryptum and Primoridum just cuz I wanted to start with the covie for him. And yeah I did say it was rough lol

Yeah, FuD takes place before the public knew about the Chief and the Spartans. So they would probably be a little freaked by a 7ft 2 supersoldier coming to save there butts.......Also, Episode 5 comes on tonight at 8PM Australian Time :P

I am MasterChief!!!!! lolz

ALso may i say how well FuD is done. It has the potential to even be called the First Halo movie.

I think that is why M$ has started talking about funding a full length live action Halo movie...FUD is doing so well and shows the potential Halo has as a movie

Cryptum-book

Primordium-book

Contact Harvest-book

Cole Protocol-book

Forward Unto Dawn-series

Fall of Reach-book

Halo Reach-game

First Strike-book

Ghosts of Onyx-book

Halo CE-game

The Flood-book

Glasslands-book

Halo Wars-game

Halo 2-game

Halo 3 ODST-game

Halo 3-game

The Thursday War-book

Halo 4-game

I think FuD is before Cole Protocol.

The lack of knowledge of the Covenant and their ages seem to suggest it was soon after the Battle of Chi Ceti which took place in 2525. So I'm guessing FuD takes place in 2526 somewhere. And If I'm not mistaken The Cole Protocol was enacted sometime in 2531. So the book had to have taken sometime after this.

Also I'm not sure when but ghosts of onyx is after Halo CE at least how I consider it.. And glasslands is after Halo 3.

Cryptum-book

Primordium-book

Contact Harvest-book

Cole Protocol-book

Forward Unto Dawn-series

Fall of Reach-book

Halo Reach-game

First Strike-book

Ghosts of Onyx-book

Halo CE-game

The Flood-book

Glasslands-book

Halo Wars-game

Halo 2-game

Halo 3 ODST-game

Halo 3-game

The Thursday War-book

Halo 4-game

Halo Wars was before reach... That takes place when harvest was falling for the last time.

Halo Wars was before reach... That takes place when harvest was falling for the last time.

Shouldn't Glasslands be AFTER Halo 3? The war ended in that book as I recall as Halsey and the next gen of Spartains were hiding out. And thats when she was arrested by UNSC or Oni, I don't recall which.

• 3 weeks later...