Did you know...

spartan 78896

That IF (notice the IF) the universe is infinite, than after billions and trillions of years, every single scenario imaginable would eventually happen. so that could mean that billions of years right now in a distant corner of the universe, there could be a human like race destroying some halos :P

crazy huh?

Actually, no. The odds of such a thing may never even happen, not everything will happen. Because some things are impossible, like laws of physics breaking. This may not even happen when the universe ends because the odds never met up :P

Actually, it's the multiverse theory you're thinking of. Our universe is set now, and the laws will not alter. But laws of physics will be different in other universes, so it will be possible, just in another universe.

Indeed. Also, I'd like to point out that most people think of multiple universes being the same universe, but slightly different in some way. An example of this line of thought would be "In a different universe I am married to Angelina Jolie."

I can see how you could think this, but no. The same line of thought would be "In a different country I am married to Angelina Jolie".

Another universe wouldn't be a different plane of existence, or an alternate dimension, but simply something very very very (x10392489384812^891328919273192873) far away. The idea of another universe containing an exact copy of yourself living a different life is, quite frankly, ludicrous. It's fun to imagine though.

Oh Lord, the IQ shown in this thread has made my brain cells crawl up and die.

Anyone watch Vsauce? There was something about the Universe being as large as googol or the number - whatever it is? and I think it was mentioned that out there could be another one of you. I don't know, I'm not very smart with this stuff, nonetheless it's great to think about.

Think we'll find some Forerunners ( Or an equivalent ) out there? Perhaps some Precursors? :laughing:

• Like 1

Actually, no. The odds of such a thing may never even happen, not everything will happen. Because some things are impossible, like laws of physics breaking. This may not even happen when the universe ends because the odds never met up :P

Actually, Laws are very likely to break in such a scenario. Laws are not proven to be "true", but "accurate". We have no confirmation that these laws provide any stable ground for physics. Some laws, that many people thought could NEVER possibly change, were proven completely inaccurate. Don't put 100% faith in laws, even they will team kill sometimes. :P

Actually, it's the multiverse theory you're thinking of. Our universe is set now, and the laws will not alter. But laws of physics will be different in other universes, so it will be possible, just in another universe.

The Universe is EVERYTHING, I doubt there is more than one. Why do you think people always say THE universe. :P