What difficulty should I play at?

Adavanter

Maybe Frankie or other 343i guys have stated this but I've been on a media blackout about Halo for awhile. I'm an FPS veteran and even recently went through Halo CE anniversary.

Should I play on hard for the proper experience? I want the enemies to be tough but not grind me into the ground so story flow is still decent.

So normal... or hard? I save Legendary for last always just to give me an excuse to play it again lol.

My buddy and I played it on Legendary Co-Op...not nearly as hard as Frankie seemed to make it out to be. It just took a bit of time to get used to the varying movements of the new Promethean enemies, but not too bad getting used to the damage scales.

When I play it on my own I will play it on Heroic first, than Legendary

Play normal, I always play on easy first so I can get to know the story and plow through enemies, then second time, I attempt on heroic

Yeah, that's what I'd do: I like to appreciate the story by making it an easy ride first time through, worry about challenging myself later on

As Frankie stated, normal is the new heroic, heroic the new legendary etc. (Legendary would be mythic difficulty?) Anyways, I suggest playing on normal and ALONE to maximize the experience from the campaign. Then you can re-complete it on heroic or legendary.

Meh Frankie may have helped develop the game, but Normal was not Heroic, Legendary felt like Legendary from Halo CE, harder than it has been, but still managable, especially with in co-op.

If you're a FPS Veteran, why not jump to Legendary right away?

When I get my own copy, Heroic for my first time, that is the way ALL Halo games are meant to be played :)

Easy = Kill me now

Normal = I'm bored

Heroic = Easy

Legendary = Normal

LASO = Challenge

Unless you are playing Halo CE...than Legendary is the challenege...and trust me Halo 4 legendary wasnt ridiclously hard, but it was harder than Reach and H3