Borderlands 2

SatanicBagels

I didn't really see a non-specific thread for Borderlands 2 and seeing as it is my main gaming interest right now, I thought I'd like to see some other people's opinions. It seems to me that Borderlands 2 is a great game a few small steps away from perfection.

The way I see it they messed up with the loot drop rates. The drop rates for orange are so ridiculously low that it turns off the casual type, and spurs the hardcore gamers onto hours of farming which eventually gets frustruating.

Other than that the game is nearly perfect.

Well on the subject of orange.

In this game Gearbox said that Orange is supposed to be more for "unique" guns that do special things. While I agree the drop rate is low, the first one was no different, and it is kind of the point.

The rest of the game is brilliant, I like the fresh step in music they made, along with making guns from each manufacturer more unique to their style. I love the resurfacing of the guns in general as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Borderlands 2. A lot better then the first one. The different kind of shields and new weapons was a good touch. Although I found it very hard to find a good Assault Rifle. It just didn't have any good ones compared to what I could find in the first game. Axton is my favorite Character by far.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Borderlands 2. I put hours into it when I'm at my cousin's house. Oh man. I've been wanting to play an RPG like game for quite some time and this game fulfills that want. Even though there are a few annoying parts in the game, I still come back to it every time I get a chance. I recommend anyone who is a fan of RPG's and FPS's.

I didn't really see a non-specific thread for Borderlands 2 and seeing as it is my main gaming interest right now, I thought I'd like to see some other people's opinions. It seems to me that Borderlands 2 is a great game a few small steps away from perfection.

The way I see it they messed up with the loot drop rates. The drop rates for orange are so ridiculously low that it turns off the casual type, and spurs the hardcore gamers onto hours of farming which eventually gets frustruating.

Other than that the game is nearly perfect.

I LOVE borderlands 2, especially using Axton with da beard :3

It's very well done and i can't wait till Borderlands 3. All that loot, All those GUNS, AND ALLL THOSE ENEMIES!!!!!! *drools*

Im on my 5th play through now :3

Borderlands is a perfect hybrid of Halo and Diablo. The shooting feels satisfying, the loot drops are spaced out perfectly, the world is gorgeous, and 4 player co-op works great. It's the type of game that keeps you saying to yourself "just one more quest" until it's turned into the wee hours of the morning. Good times!

• 2 weeks later...

I was never able to play with friends. Once I was able to pick the game up they all had beat it and moved out. And playing with random players got annoying cause they never wanted to dupe rare loot and leave once they got what they wanted. I haven't played it since the first DLC came out and prolly won't be playing it anytime soon. Halo 4 and games soon to be coming out will be taking up to much of my time to want to get back into it. Plus I want a modded weapon and I haven't been able to come across them yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the game is very good. They storyline interesting and and has unexpected twists. The weapons are incredibly varied and each manufacturer has a unique type of look and shooting style. I personally prefer the Dahl weapons, but not their sniper rifles. I can be hard to find a good one, but when you do, it is powerful but not over-powered.

On the subject of rare drops and orange or Legendary weapons. They are usually drops from powerful npcs. it is easier to find them with a larger party, as this will increase its odds of spawning. Also, the Mechromancer character has a starting relic that is passed on to all members that start with her. It increases the likelihood of a rare drop.

This channel has a guide for all Legendary items: http://www.youtube.com/user/yoteslaya

If you need someone to play with just message me on xbox, my gamertag is my user name.