Halo 4 Remix Contest Ends Early!

azdjblue

Does anyone know why they ended the contest early or even if they are able to do that? Rules state it ends on the 29th of October at 11:59pm. and I didn't see anywhere where they could end it early if they wanted to. You go on the site right now: http://halo4remix.com and it says the contest is closed! I put a lot of work into a remix and can't upload it now.

post-33755-0-69395700-1351477048.png

• Like 1

This is seriously laughable. Did you know it happened last week, too? Sunday night, actually. Does a retarded monkey manage their weekly system updates?? Oh, also...you will NOT find any contact information for anyone having anything to do with this contest. The chat reps at Xbox.com don't even know (or "know") how to contact 343 at all. "Try their forums" they said. wtf. Anyway, someone must have figured it out because it was back up by Monday night. And here we are again - Sunday night and no contest!! Sooo....Microsoft, can you get your head out and stop effing this up?

p.s. There isn't anything anywhere saying that the end date has changed.

• Like 1

It's Monday the 29th and still showing closed. It is disturbing. A lot of time and effort went into this remix not to mention depriving my wife of my time in order to finish this track on time. I don't think this is legal. They have rules and regulations that are also monitored by the gaming industry. They are not following their own rules.

Don't really care about the prizes. It's the principle. I entered for exposure for a company I work for (Beat Bites.)

• Like 1

Yea this is pretty much BS.. I worked on my remix for weeks and I tried uploading it at their site for the last three days ( since friday )and it would never show up.. This is BS and I feel I have wasted so much time.. Just like you said, I could care less about the prizes, it's the principle of the thing.. I couldn't find one bit of contact info on the site either, it's fair to say I'm pretty upset... I don't understand how they can say the end date is on the 29th but I've been trying to turn it in for days and no luck..

It's Monday the 29th and still showing closed. It is disturbing. A lot of time and effort went into this remix not to mention depriving my wife of my time in order to finish this track on time. I don't think this is legal. They have rules and regulations that are also monitored by the gaming industry. They are not following their own rules.

Don't really care about the prizes. It's the principle. I entered for exposure for a company I work for (Beat Bites.)

UPDATE: It's back up! ..as of 1:40pmCST. Now let's see if it works...

Has anybody tried messaging Bs Angel (a.k.a. Jessica Shea)? Here or Here ? I just did.. will post if I hear anything back.

I'm surprised (or am I?) there isn't anything about it on the Waypoint blog, or at least the forums.

Maybe we should throw out the suggestion of extending the contest for another day, seeing's how some of us who are frantically trying to master their mixes here at the last minute are having to take time out to research this bs ???

Wait...what am I thinking? It hasn't been publicized enough. Or at all.

Hey fellas, I tried to upload on Sunday and had the same issues as you guys. I noticed it was working again today, so I uploaded a few hours before the contest closed, and I was given a message saying SoundCloud would give me a confirmation email. That was over eight hours ago, and I still haven't got an email. As far as I can tell, despite my upload I still haven't made an entry. I was wondering if this had happened to any of you guys?

Hey fellas, I tried to upload on Sunday and had the same issues as you guys. I noticed it was working again today, so I uploaded a few hours before the contest closed, and I was given a message saying SoundCloud would give me a confirmation email. That was over eight hours ago, and I still haven't got an email. As far as I can tell, despite my upload I still haven't made an entry. I was wondering if this had happened to any of you guys?

YES. *Still* no email, and it's 12:20pm at 343 the day after. I am feeling extremely volatile at this point. You?

Hey guys I also am in the same boat as everyone. Finished my remix mid last week, submitted around 8am Mountain time and never received a confirmation as well. I even tried uploading a few more times with 2 different emails to see if it was a problem with my email but still nothing. If anyone hears of anything then please post in here. I will do the same. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Looky! A moderator!

QUESTION: "@Halo 4 Remix Moderator: I couldn't upload at all on the website on the 29th, but It went into the group on time does that mean I'm entered or not??? ...

Thanks for your time,

Peter from the UK"

RESPONSE: Halo 4 Remix Moderator 1 day ago

"@Flash! Bang!: If you are seeing your track on the Halo4Remix.com site under my remixes or the community remixes tabs? If so you are in the contest. If not, unfortunately we can't add tracks after the fact as the contest is now closed.

source: http://soundcloud.com/groups/halo-4-community-remixes/discussion

Translation: "Aw, man! Sucks for you, dude!

Notice there's NO response to the "couldn't upload at all on the website [during the contest open period]" part of the question.

Hey, guys, go here: http://soundcloud.com/groups/halo-4-community-remixes/discussion

...and back me up!

@Halo 4 Remix Moderator and @Halo Waypoint: Were you aware that the Halo4Remix.com website went on the fritz several times throughout the contest period? I didn't visit it every day, so it's pretty significant that there were two instances (within a week) of the website displaying a message stating that the contest was "closed." I followed it on Oct. 21st-22nd and Oct. 28th-29th, and these were not isolated incidents.. there are a lot of people who ran into this same problem on various dates. And there is no contact information whatsoever on the contest website, nor do the chat reps at Xbox.com (whom I contacted on 10/22) know how to get in touch 343. They suggested posting on the 343 forums. No dice. Then, when the site did finally pull back up, there are a LOT of people whose uploads never finalized, and many of us even now have not yet received the confirmation email it says we're supposed to get when it's done. There hasn't been a hint of an apology or explanation or even recognition of any part of it on the website or anywhere else, which is rather disturbing (to say the least).

Unfortunately, 343 now has a lot of very disappointed fans out there because of this embarrassing debacle.

Thoughts? Even better, explanations??

Thanks for taking the time to check this out for us.

I uploaded mine as well with no response. Would be nice to be able to speak to someone or some type of correspondence.

Hey guys I also am in the same boat as everyone. Finished my remix mid last week, submitted around 8am Mountain time and never received a confirmation as well. I even tried uploading a few more times with 2 different emails to see if it was a problem with my email but still nothing. If anyone hears of anything then please post in here. I will do the same. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Yeah still no email :/ Unless anyone knows how to make contact directly, I guess it's wait and see...

Yea this is pretty much BS.. I worked on my remix for weeks and I tried uploading it at their site for the last three days ( since friday )and it would never show up.. This is BS and I feel I have wasted so much time.. Just like you said, I could care less about the prizes, it's the principle of the thing.. I couldn't find one bit of contact info on the site either, it's fair to say I'm pretty upset... I don't understand how they can say the end date is on the 29th but I've been trying to turn it in for days and no luck..

So the halo4remix website is down again - surprise! - and here's something interesting and amusing. The error code is "502 Bad Gateway." And here is an explanation of that particular error type:

"A server (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) to access the requested URL. This server received an invalid response from an upstream server it accessed to fulfil the request.

This usually does not mean that the upstream server is down (no response to the gateway/proxy), but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data. Given that Internet protocols are quite clear, it often means that one or both machines have been incorrectly or incompletely programmed."

Wait, what?? A couple of M$ machines have been "incorrectly or incompletely programmed" ??

Hmm...sounds like someone's going to have no choice now but to own up and take responsibility.

p.s. Saw a backup response on Soundcloud this morning. Keep 'em coming!

I posted and replied directly to the moderator of soundcloud. Hopefully it helps

Just received an email for Soundcloud support saying they have no way of determining if they (Halo 4/Microsoft) received the submission or not. Told me to contact a moderator for the contest which as we know hasn't been going so well. So let's keep trying guys!

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't help but notice how much slower the Moderator is at responding to the kind of uncomfortable messages we're posting.

Keep it going, guys! I'm pretty sure most of us couldn't care less about the prizes and whatever. We're just the remix justice league.

I posted and replied directly to the moderator of soundcloud. Hopefully it helps

Just received an email for Soundcloud support saying they have no way of determining if they (Halo 4/Microsoft) received the submission or not. Told me to contact a moderator for the contest which as we know hasn't been going so well. So let's keep trying guys!

>> Halo 4 Remix Moderator (Moderator) 1 day ago

>>Hi Folks.

We are looking into the complaints of tracks not loading to the contest page. Please be patient as we investigate and feel free to send us a private message if you would like to share any specific feedback as it is easier than tracking in this thread.

Thank You.

(Please post here if you do send a pm and get a response!)

Looks like they've fixed the issue :) My "confirmation email" has finally been sent haha, and it looks like others have been too. Sure their technical difficulties weren't exactly impressive, but hey good on them for seriously looking into it. Hope it's all worked out for you guys too :)