1v1 Playlist in Halo 4 - Yes or No?

DerpWithAGun

Do you think there should be a 1v1 playlist in Halo 4?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

I would love 11 it'stheinkyrainI'mnotonconstantly,myfriendshavedifferentschedulesthenmeschoolworketc. FFA getsbuyingquickespeciallywith '' a 11 playlistwouldbeawesome, I wouldneverWittabouthavingmykidsstolenlikein FFA orientedgametypes

...boosting, who cares... whenyouknowyou have your rank legit no boosting could change that, if you have a problem with a booster with a higher rank? Ask him for a 1vs1. duh.

I played just three or so matches of 1v1 when they made it availabe in Halo 3. In one of the matches the guy I was against sent me an Xbox Live Party Chat invite as soon as he saw my name in the lobby and asked me if I wanted to tie the game. I said no and we fought like we were supposed to and he won. I only played like 3 matches of head-to-head, maybe only 2, I don't remember why I stopped playing it (Bungie might have removed it before I could play more, don't remember), but I think overall it just isn't the type of playlist developers want in their games. If you lose your first fight, and your second fight, you're probably looking to lose a lot more. Vice versa if you win them, but I think it's just less fun than it sounds in practice.

I love the idea...i love the 1-1 games!! but...map control? power weapons? Guys, what if they are no ordnance system, no powerfull weapons, just the DMR, BR, magnum. Armor abilities, and map special for that, i think octagon could be one, i love that map because is the only map where no one can run or hide, it's all about dmr or br.

It's simple make it first one to 10 kills wins, no time limit

When i play 1-1

15 kill is good, I made it that way on thinking the perfection medal..xD and time limit i put 10 minutes...but i think it depends of the map size too the time.

1v1 is not an ego boost of any sort, what a silly comment. In a competitive game like Halo, it is to be looked at like a fighting game in a sense. Less variables, more emphasis on trickery and best shot. Think of it like chess with high level execution tied to it.

Any 'worry' that could be had in regards to a 1v1 or "camping" can be easily erased by good map design, particular weapon placement and overall balance. 1v1's on Halo 2's Lockout was a staple. If you were too young to have played the Lone Wolves playlist on Halo 2, then you simply wouldn't understand and I can't blame you for that. But with the right set up, something like Lockout, it works and amazingly at that.

Like someone else mentioned above, it definitely helps you grow as a player. Much more goes into on the whim decision making and trickery than it does in clustered and overly messy matches.

If anyone wants to 1v1, I'm always down to do so. YamaMX. Chill, willing to learn or teach and approachable. Any skill level welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well, kill joy, thats the most idiotic thing anyone could say... JUST DONT ALLOW YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU IN GAME, DONE.. Hell yes bring back 1v1, best thing that could be done, as long as you have the right settings 

I'm sorry... Didn't the 1v1 paylist in H3 not allow friends to join in your game??? Wasn't it also a boost-fest???

Edited by SweatyBagels