Lyon Heights

NONE YA BIZNUS

DL: http://www.halowaypo...etails=31212539

FH thread (pretty much the same thing): http://www.forgehub....412#post1551412

Here is a map I finished recently, and is probably my last major competitive map in Reach.

Anyway, let's start with the initial loadout camera, showcasing the aesthetic theme:

screenshotat20121027195.png

Lyon Heights is a map for your basic 4v4 DMR Slayer games, with a side of King of the Hill (Woo! Originality!). On the more interesting side of things, it takes place on that weird shelf thing across the Canyon from Montana. The map looks and feels generally forest-like, and therefore the layout naturally features long, narrow lines of sight. Speaking of which, here is the overview, highlighting some of the more important areas:

As you can see, this is an asymmetrical map with four important weapons spread around the map. Perhaps the most effective is the grenade launcher, which spawns on the octagonal balcony up on this smallish cliff that hangs above the rest of the map:

Here is a wider view of this area:

This position is certainly a place that a team should look into controlling to gain an advantage over the other team. However, it may be difficult to hold, as it has two main ramps leading up to it from either team's spawn, as well as several tactical jumps, most notably this one, from the plasma grenade platform:

Although this cliff is indeed a powerful position, it only controls a couple lines of sight and one power weapon. The most important weapon away from this area is undoubtedly the sniper rifle, which spawns in this less forest-like area, by the further, larger platform (The needler spawns on the nearer, smaller platform ):

As I mentioned before, this map features long, narrow lines of sight. So, it is beneficial for a team to control the sniper rifle. With this weapon, they can secure major lines of sight, like these:

From this side of the needler platform, you can see all the way to red spawn:

On the platform above the sniper rifle spawn, you can see the blue-side ramp up to the GL cliff:

And who could forget the shotgun? A faithful companion in the act of filling an enemy's surprised chest full of lead at close range. This weapon spawns the closest to the center of the map, making it an ideal tool for storming an enemy controlled area. It spawns here, atop this elevated platform:

It can also provide a decent height advantage, but I would not recommend staying here for too long, due to the limited cover it provides.

That's all I have to share, the rest is for you to download, discover, and enjoy! If you do not enjoy it, leave some constructive criticism in the comments. Thanks for reading!

DL: http://www.halowaypo...etails=31212539

post-30320-0-17790300-1351386613.png