Credit Ban. Today was the first time i heard of it.

sugarbuzz238

First offense: 24 hours

Second offense: 2 weeks

Third offense: forever

^ This.

The most common way of getting cR banned is boosting or afking. If you or your guest gets no kills, the game thinks you are afking for cR. Or, if you sign in a bunch of secondary controllers in Grifball or SWAT, and the game detects it, you'll be cR banned.

The ban can be contested, but I've never seen or heard of anyone getting the ban reversed.

Today was the first time i heard of a credit ban. Im trying to figure out why theyre issued? And if i can get an idea of how long it will last or if it can be reversed? Please can an Admin help me.

Thank you.

You may be mistaking a credit ban for hitting the credit cap lol When you hit the credit cap, a message will appear letting you know that you cannot earn any more credits that day (it's the same message that is used for normal credit bans), so don't worry too much.

You may be mistaking a credit ban for hitting the credit cap lol When you hit the credit cap, a message will appear letting you know that you cannot earn any more credits that day (it's the same message that is used for normal credit bans), so don't worry too much.

Credit cap? I thought that was removed, and daily challenges and commendation completion ribbons don't count towards cap either.

Credit cap? I thought that was removed, and daily challenges and commendation completion ribbons don't count towards cap either.

The cR cap is now 200k I think. And no, challenges, commendations, everything count towards the cap. Every cR you earn counts for the cap.

If you were cR banned, you'd know it. It would say, "this account has been temporarily banned from earning creadits".

If you never saw that, you simply hit the cap.

The cR cap is now 200k I think. And no, challenges, commendations, everything count towards the cap. Every cR you earn counts for the cap.

If you were cR banned, you'd know it. It would say, "this account has been temporarily banned from earning creadits".

If you never saw that, you simply hit the cap.

Well they used to have commendations ribbons and challenges not count toward the credits, apparently they changed it. I hit cap yesterday, it was 150k for me

Cant you get credit banned for doing a challenge and the turning off your router and then keep doing that?

Yes, it's called challenge boosting. You can get permanent credit banned if caught, and addition your route would fry out depending how many times you reset it.

Well they used to have commendations ribbons and challenges not count toward the credits, apparently they changed it. I hit cap yesterday, it was 150k for me

Commendations, ribbons, and in-game challenges have always counted toward the credit cap. The only way to earn credits that hasn't was the custom challenges, and that only lasted for about a month because people abused the crap out of it.

Lol my first account was credit banned for 2 weeks on my first offense for boosting the olf FF glitch to get an easy inheritor lol...than my second current account was credit banned for 24 hours for achievement boositng lol

How do you boost for achievements? It should really be called Achievement HUNTING. What, do they expect you to get them far in between and not often? Like it happens accidentally? Pfffft.

Thats what achievements are there for, to claim.

How do you boost for achievements? It should really be called Achievement HUNTING. What, do they expect you to get them far in between and not often? Like it happens accidentally? Pfffft.

Thats what achievements are there for, to claim.

I agree...I am just glad because I did the achievement "hunting" before 343i took awaya bunch of the playlists...it is nearly impossble to get some the cheevos now. The only reason why I was cR banned was because the game though we were afking with our other controllers when in actuality, we were just using them to get certain achievements, I could care less about cR lol

• 1 year later...

Okay, so why does my account say"this account has been temporarily banned from earning credits".  Is it because I got several achievements in one day?  Why have achievements if we can't "achieve" them?  That's like giving someone goals to shoot for then saying, "but don't do them quickly or well; take your time."  Who do I talk to about getting my account unbanned?

legendaryhalt the reason for a credit ban is so you don't rank up to fast

and to get you're account unbanned just wait 1 or 2 days then it should go and you can play as normal. :)

EDIT

You may instead have a credit cap that means nothing just wait 24 hours

a credit ban means the game thinks you are boosting and for a first offense dishes out a 24 hour ban

Edited by Ranger447

I understand credit bans, and I do believe people should be punished for it but not being allowed to earn credits anymore is a bit much. The third (if infact the first being 24 hours and second being 2 weeks, options are true) should be Character Reset, start from scratch as if you've never played online before. That's fair, after all getting credits is rather time consuming.