Forerunner fingers...

Choot 'em

Was looking over the Halo 4 launch gameplay trailer and found something interesting about the Forerunners, well.... at least the one shown in the trailer, lmao!

From that trailer I grabbed a few screens of this "Ancient Evil". Now let's count the fingers.

6_finger_forerunner2_zps1cb77d86.png?t=1351136599

6_finger_forerunner3_zps539fb98a.png?t=1351136604

6_finger_forerunner1_zps6842e3f7.png?t=1351136601

One...two...three...four...five...six!!! Yes folks, this Forerunner has six fingers!! Well, to be "technical", 5 fingers and a thumb on each hand (which do appear to be opposable, lol)!! The "pinky" isn't viewable in the second screen.

I guess 343I figured five wasn't enough to fully wrap around Chief's head!! :rofl:

Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

wait wait wait......

the covenant needed humans to activate the halos because their hands resembled thoseof the forerunners, am i right??

something is messed up here. In this pic i found, this forerunner hand has 5 fingers

3Ut8W.png

Maybe he had an accident at the steel mill, lost a finger, maybe even a toe as well.

• Like 1

I think the Prometheans are different than forerunners aint they? there like warriors while forerunners are like, builders and stuff?

also the forerunner language and maths only counts up to seven, then goes double digit. eg: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 ect. its complex as hell and Bungie thought about it ALOT.

I think the Prometheans are different than forerunners aint they? there like warriors while forerunners are like, builders and stuff?

also the forerunner language and maths only counts up to seven, then goes double digit. eg: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 ect. its complex as hell and Bungie thought about it ALOT.

That is known as base 7 and is once again a reference to 7. Prometheans are non-sentient life made by the forerunners.

That is known as base 7 and is once again a reference to 7. Prometheans are non-sentient life made by the forerunners.

not necessarily. Prometheans were origninaly forerunner warriors that made up the body of their military forces. The prometheans that are on requiem are defense AIs, that were stationed there to protect either the shield world, the Didact, or the ancient weapon inside of it

not necessarily. Prometheans were origninaly forerunner warriors that made up the body of their military forces. The prometheans that are on requiem are defense AIs, that were stationed there to protect either the shield world, the Didact, or the ancient weapon inside of it

I was talking about the mechanical promethenas because they are what MC has to get past and I assume the didact is the only organic promethean we come across. It is also unknown wether that is the didact or or some other high ranking promethean, only when the game is released that any of this can be confirmed properly.