MLG Dallas November 2-4 2012 Halo 4 Pro Tournament

General PWNFACE

This thread is for the upcoming Halo 4 MLG tournament in Dallas this November 2nd through the 4th. You can discuss the upcoming event here, and post any comments or feelings about it. To avoid any confusion, yes it is before the actual release date which is November 6th. Obviously there isn't a favorite team yet to win yet, but the crowd favorite is sure to be Instinct; consisting of Roy, Lunchbox, Ogre 2, and IGotUrPistola.

The following links will allow you to find out more about the tournament. More links may be added at a later time to make information more easily available, such as direct links to the current stream. If you are to lazy to click the links I will have all the basic Info in the next post

General Tournament Info:

http://www.majorleag...ent-information

Broadcast Schedule:

http://www.majorleag...adcast-schedule

Prize Info:

http://www.majorleag...vent_127_prizes

Spectator Pass Purchase, Note that this does not allow you to compete :

http://store.majorle...ll-championship

The Commentators will be be Bravo, ElamiteWarrior and U4ix. I will be keeping everybody updated on the event all Saturday and Sunday as the event truly unfolds, I will be commenting here on this thread and also tweeting,@GeneralPWNFACE, about it both of those days. Friday I won't be able to due to work constraints, and if I am capable to keep this thread updated on Friday, it would not be all that frequent because Friday night will only be Pro Scrimmaging, to adjust to the game and to learn the maps in the game. I'm sure other people will be more than willing to keep people updated on Friday anyway ;)

Hopefully this tournament will be a great one and will keep Halo on the Pro Circuit for a long time to come :)

The Broadcast Schedule

Friday, November 2 – 5:00pm – Midnight CST (Broadcast):

• First Look Game Analysis - Bravo, Elamite and pro players will provide an in-depth first look at the game including a Pro analysis of new weapons, gametypes, maps, and features.
  • Interviews – Bravo and Elamite interview top competitors and personalities attending MLG Dallas to get their first thoughts on the new game, and to divulge how they prepared for the tournament.
  • Scrimmages - Top teams will face off as they warm-up and formulate strategies for the first time in Halo 4. The broadcast will showcase Pro Scrimmages, Show-Matches, and Exhibition.

5:00pm – 5:15pm Event Welcome

5:15pm – 5:30pm Dr Pepper Pregame Show – Halo 4

5:30pm – 6:00pm Free For All – Showcasing new Weapons in Halo 4

6:00pm – 6:25pm Free For All – Round 1 [Featuring past FFA Champs and top performers]

6:25pm – 6:45pm Free For All – Round 1 [Featuring past FFA Champs and top performers]

6:45pm – 7:00pm Free For All Final

7:00pm – 8:00pm MLG Classic Rematch* – 2009 Str8 Rippin vs. Triggers Down

[T2, Elamite, Legit, Snipedown vs. SK, Pistola, Heinz, Hysteria]

8:00pm – 9:00pm MLG Classic Rematch* – TBD vs. TBD

9:00pm – 10:00pm Fun with the new Gametypes

10:00pm -11:00pm Saturday Preview – MLG game variants featuring two top teams

*Awaiting Confirmation

Saturday, November 3 – 10:00am – 10:00pm CST (Broadcast): non-stop tournament play

10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Winners Round 1

1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Losers Round 1

1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Winners Round 2

4:00 PM - 5:30 PM Losers Round 2

5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Losers Round 3

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Winners Round 3

7:00 PM - 7:45 PM Losers Round 4

8:30 PM - 9:15 PM Winners Round 4

9:15 PM - 10:00 PM Losers Round 5

Sunday, November 4 – 10:00am – 7:00pm CST (Broadcast): non-stop tournament play

10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Losers Round 6

10:45 AM - 11:30 AM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7

11:30 AM - 12:15 PM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 8

12:15 PM - 1:00 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9

1:00 PM - 1:45 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 10

1:45 PM - 2:30 PM Winners Round 7 / Losers Round 11

2:30 PM - 3:15 PM Winners Round 7 / Losers Round 12

3:15 PM - 4:00 PM Winners Final / Losers Round 13

4:00 PM - 4:45 PM Losers Final

4:45 PM - 7:00 PM Final

Edited by General PWNFACE
  • Like 1

IMPORTANT UPDATE! A Rematch of the 2009 Str8 Rippin VS 2009 Triggers Down will be going down 7:00 to 8:00 PM on Friday Night the rosters for the teams are Str8 Rippin: T2, Elamite Warrior, Legit, and Snipedown were as TD's Line Up is SK, IGotUrPistola, Heinz and Hysteria. There is another MLG Classic match lined up but the teams are still TBD. The First Matchup is still to be confirmed, but the official MLG Schedule lists the Match to be occuring. This will of course be an epic rematch of the 2009 Anaheim National Championships, where TD won the series 6 to 5 finishing off the series in dramatic fashion with an extremely tight game 10 on Construct TS, and an amazing game 11 where TD dominated Str8 Rippin to win the National Championship. I know I'm looking forward to this matchup, and so should everyone else

ANOTHER IMPORTANT UPDATE! Plans for a 2v2 of OGRE 1 and 2 vs Roy and Lunchbox have been confirmed by The Halo Council, this will be the first MLG event OGRE 1 will be playing at since his announcement of retirement from competitive play

Official FFA Rosters:

Heat 1:

IGotUrPistola - Instinct

Naded - TD

Legit - Warriors

Neighbor - TD

Hysteria - TD

Lunchbox - Instinct

Prototype - Fnatic

T2- No Team

Heat 2:

Ghandi- No Team

BestMan - SHK

OGRE 1 - Immunity

OGRE 2 - Instinct

Cloud - BTH

Str8 Sick - Fnatic

Snip3down - Ambush

Shockwave - No Team

for anybody having issues getting the halo 4 tournament stream to work off of the MLG website just click here on the video window to watch http://www.twitch.tv/mlg_halo_4

I hope nobody missed that last series of FJ vs Triggers Down, unexpectedly tight series with TD winning 2-1. I'm just absolutely shocked they managed to do so well against a team that had a lot of positive news coming into this event

• 2 months later...