Why kinect should gtfo

One

Ok I decided to remove what I posted earlier because I totally freaked out. Kinect isn't all that bad and it is a good family thing. However, I think the Wii is alot better. PS move is more a waste of money to me and so is Kinect. My Xbox is my own, not my family's. I am sure there are many others with their own opinions about this and I can tell some circumstances make the Kinect a better thing than the Wii.

Edited by bwdwtw

You can not compare the Wii to the Kinect entertainment wise at all, the only thing they have in common is motion but in that sense I find the Kinect so much more innovative, The Kinect is able to use no controller and is more innovative and precise than the Wii and the Wii requires a controller, I don't understand why people bash the Kinect, they say its a gimmick, but what isn't a gimmick? 3D TVs, just a way to boost up prices, better resolution/and Blu-Ray: just better picture, just because the picture is more clear, doesn't mean a comedy is funnier now then when it didn't have crystal clear resolution. The Xbox's main goal is to provide easy entertainment, and doesn't it do that? Sure quite a lot of the games are childish, but doesn't that mean it still does what is was set to do? I entertains kids, and what is wrong with that? I know it is just your opinion but just because you haven't seen the kind of games you want to came for the Kinect doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a chance, like the new GRAW coming out, sure gunsmith w/ Kinect is a gimmick but it looks like a hell lot of fun.

Ok I decided to remove what I posted earlier because I totally freaked out.

Just so you realize this, you can't get banned for disagreeing with a mod. Just because you disagree with Spectral does not mean that he is going to freak out and hate you forever. Or maybe you just went a little over board. Either way still no reason to delete a post.

• Like 1

I doubt I will ever get the Kinect system. I like the controller and when I come home tired after a hard days work the last thing I want to do is flail my arms and legs around and yell at my TV. I sometimes hear the people with the Kinect on talking in lobbies and usually mute them within seconds. It sounds like they are talking through a mud puddle which only annoys players in a lobby.

I doubt I will ever get the Kinect system. I like the controller and when I come home tired after a hard days work the last thing I want to do is flail my arms and legs around and yell at my TV. I sometimes hear the people with the Kinect on talking in lobbies and usually mute them within seconds. It sounds like they are talking through a mud puddle which only annoys players in a lobby.

In my opinion Kinect is worth the money. Oh and you can still wear a headset and it will override Kinect.

Just so you realize this, you can't get banned for disagreeing with a mod. Just because you disagree with Spectral does not mean that he is going to freak out and hate you forever. Or maybe you just went a little over board. Either way still no reason to delete a post.

Says who :rofl:

seriously though, all opinions are valid, I like kinect, glad I have it, dont use it all the time,(its bloody knackering)

but disagree all you want, this forum is different to most of them out there, you have a different view point feel free to air it.

No one flames, trolls or anything like that its constructive discussions, i take no offence if anyone disagrees with me.

When it comes to Reach a lot of people disagree with me when I say its the best Halo game to date.

yeah i use headset rather than kinect, didnt even realise kinect worked as a microphone until i was playing gears said something about a player and he heard me oops! so headset only for me lol

• 2 weeks later...

Video games are supposed to be video games Kincet is a perversion of that, the way i see it Video games were never meant for realism they were meant for fun, It wasn't meant for pretending your a controller and acting like your on a date with your Xbox, many will disagree with my point of view i don't care really i'm just putting it out there because it needs to be said Kinect is a marketing Ploy to make money its not about fun, its not about Video games, it has nothing in hell to do with gamers, its just money in peoples pockets that's all it is Gamers at the end of the day want Video games.

Video games are supposed to be video games Kincet is a perversion of that, the way i see it Video games were never meant for realism they were meant for fun, It wasn't meant for pretending your a controller and acting like your on a date with your Xbox, many will disagree with my point of view i don't care really i'm just putting it out there because it needs to be said Kinect is a marketing Ploy to make money its not about fun, its not about Video games, it has nothing in hell to do with gamers, its just money in peoples pockets that's all it is Gamers at the end of the day want Video games.

I don't think it was only a ploy to make money. They want people to be entertained and enjoy what they purchased. If they stick with the same thing then nothing would ever get accomplished. Kinect created a big step in the gaming industry. I can't wait to see it perfected.

• 3 weeks later...

not a fan of kinect it cost 100$ and im guess the games for it cost around 40-60 dollars for 60 I'd have gym membership for a year, which is better exercise. Yes I played the the wii and the kinect both being a let down the reaction time is to slow both not doing what the companys said they could do, it seems like good exercise only for those that arent used to the wide range of movement the games ask you to do. Kinect is good only because it keeps you active which is better for kids to stay active. i hate it because of my reasons I like it cause its good for keeping people that arent used to going to a gym active and making sure they don't become lazy with that said the gym isn't really a place for kids I have heard golds gym has a kids area for them I'm not sure

And yes im being really lazy with my explanation I'm on my smart phone and it keeps thinking I'm trying to spell other words when im not!

I am sorry if I come off as being rude

• 4 weeks later...