Why kinect should gtfo

One

Kinect is a sign of things to come from things i am starting to see, more integration into popular games for a "better experience" but is also a sign that Microsoft are really pushing to dominate the casual market and concentrate more on that, take the dashboard for example, the first one was simple, easy and just great, the best imo, the next update brought some great features like party chat and a new colour scheme. But one dashboard update brought something no one needed, AVATARS, useless dashboard junk used to seem casual but in fact was pointless. Then kinect came out and with it brought a new dashboard, making tiles easier for kinect users and improving voice integration (or something like that), and the newest update coming out is terrible and they should make it optional. There are still a hell of a load of great games coming out, but it might get to a point where to get the full enjoyment out of a game you will have to use kinect, and i don't want that happening. //end rant

Disclaimer: This is 100% my own opinion and i just want to express it, nothing was intentionally meant to make anyone angry or annoyed (somehow). Thank you.

Also i read back my paragraph and its terrible, but ill post anyway, and improve it over time.

• Like 1

as you said, its your own opinion and some people may argue that avatars are a brilliant creation and are just a bit of fun to mess around with, also they are been used more in the kinect features.

i like the new dashboard more then the old dashboard, it is just really useful and simpler to use, which i love. and the majority of people i know like the dashboard as well.

i doubt it will ever come to the point of kinect been used for everything ,as people still want to use controllers and headsets, as they are the typical way to go, i can see kinect just been an extra feature and something again, to enhance gaming.

Kinect is a sign of things to come from things i am starting to see, more integration into popular games for a "better experience" but is also a sign that Microsoft are really pushing to dominate the casual market and concentrate more on that, take the dashboard for example, the first one was simple, easy and just great, the best imo, the next update brought some great features like party chat and a new colour scheme. But one dashboard update brought something no one needed, AVATARS, useless dashboard junk used to seem casual but in fact was pointless. Then kinect came out and with it brought a new dashboard, making tiles easier for kinect users and improving voice integration (or something like that), and the newest update coming out is terrible and they should make it optional. There are still a hell of a load of great games coming out, but it might get to a point where to get the full enjoyment out of a game you will have to use kinect, and i don't want that happening. //end rant

Disclaimer: This is 100% my own opinion and i just want to express it, nothing was intentionally meant to make anyone angry or annoyed (somehow). Thank you.

Also i read back my paragraph and its terrible, but ill post anyway, and improve it over time.

I never used Kinect and never will, I just don't like the idea of it, and its dumb how Microsoft keeps pushing to use it more. And I will be mad if it mess's with Halo 4 if they add it. They don't need it, But I know they will add it or at least try. and even if they do add it I won't use it. And sorry thats just my opinion.

I never used Kinect and never will, I just don't like the idea of it, and its dumb how Microsoft keeps pushing to use it more. And I will be mad if it mess's with Halo 4 if they add it. They don't need it, But I know they will add it or at least try. and even if they do add it I won't use it. And sorry thats just my opinion.

yea, no need to apologize, i agree with you on everything you said.

• 3 weeks later...

kinect would ruin halo :/

Well then luckily OXM reported that 343 said that kinect will only feature in small parts of the game, like navigating menus and stuff.

NOTE: Kinect will be in Halo Anniversary but please do not hate Kinect or 343. I payed good money for Kinect and it is actually ok.

Extra note:OXM also reported that Kinect has not even reached it's full capabilitys..... OH NOES KINECT WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD! lol

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry but frankly don't agree at all. If you don't like the Kinect then don't buy one. I don't see how adding features to take advantage of a new piece of technology is a bad thing. In Forza 4 for example the only thing I use Kinect for is to look at the corners better so that I can hit the apex, that isn't a game changing feature and it does not impede the ability of others to play the game. I assume the same thing will be done in every game for the next few years, small un-important things that don't impede other's ability to play the game. So I don't see what the big deal is. Companies are using a fantastic new utility in great ways. They will do what makes the most money so it would be stupid of them to say "Oh lets make a game be super fun for the 10% of people who own the Kinect and ruin it for the other 90%". Your Halo or COD is not going to change any time soon. Don't hate on something that doesn't do anything bad to you. End counter rant.

Uh ok guys, you realize the kinect features are just little neat gimmicks that wont effect the gameplay at all? Its just there giving you the option to use it if you want. So what if microsoft is trying to push it? Its not effecting gameplay at all, its just enhancing the experiance for the user. Oh and kinect is 100 times better than the wii, the wii u is neat, but totally uneeded and like all nintendo stuff, impracticle

Kinect is cool for sure. I definately don't wanna see it in "shooters" tho. Kinect should be for "kinect games" not controller games. I don't like the integration idea (maybe for single player only). Im curious to see if 343 allows the kinect user to say grenade or reload and it actually performs that function in multiplayer. You will be able to do this in halo anniversary campaign for sure.

Kinect has it's pros and cons. Just like nearly anything.

I have no doubt that the Wii-U will outsell Kinect when it is released, however I don't think the sales will hold up as much as they did when the original Wii was released. JMHO.

Microsoft's main goal with Kinect, I believe, was to make Xbox 360 more family friendly... and that they did. I personally like Kinect, I don't play it often, simply because I don't have too many games for it, however with the release of CEA and its compatibility with Kinect, I will try it out and see what it is like.