Cortana to Play an ‘Active’ Role in Halo 4?

Guest Spartan S-036

I suspect Cortana will try to merge with any of the two or three antagonist A.I.'s (depending on who is confirmed to show up) and reveal who or what John really is.

• 2 weeks later...
In cryptum there were these AIs that had physical forms which fought and gaurded the forerunner world perhaps she'll be turned into one of these?

For some reason i feel like i read something that has me wondering if the cinematics will be told from the perspective of Cortana. I'll try to find that. I would like to see her running around with the MC though preferably only if they made her a lot smarter than marines and Noble team NPC's were.

Here we go

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/6033-halo-4-reveal-29th-february/

Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 8:15AM

h4_02_02_12_0600.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1328184883744

There’s an extra day in February this year, and Microsoft will apparently capitalize on that extra time as the date for which the next iteration of Halo will be revealed. Halo 4 will be the focus of a company ‘Spring Showcase’ event, according to translations of a Finnish magazine. The game was announced in a very brief manner at last year’s E3, but this event will reportedly give a much more complete look.

Despite its name, Halo 4 will be the eighth title in the Halo franchise, but it will pick up with the legacy that Halo 3 left. There had been speculation before E3 that Halo 4 would be developed for the Xbox 720 (or whatever the next Xbox happens to be called), but those rumors were quickly quashed. As far as game mechanics are concerned, players will once again actually play as Master Chief.

The last line is what has me wondering if the story or cinematics will somehow be from a perspective other than 3rd person centered on MC, perhaps Cortana's instead. Maybe it just means players will not be MC in matchmaking. But it could always be nothing and i'm just getting excited.

Honestly I don't have a good gut feeling she'll survive at the end. Not to say anyone knows, nor should know.

Reading about Black Box's personality, it'd seem fitting if he was substituting Cortana. 343 mentioned a month or two ago that the hero's journey is taking a hellish spiral downwards. To me that implies an important character dying of sorts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MC king

This ancient evil is probably the precursors. They were rival to the forerunners and had an actual cure to the flood according to a terminal in ce anniversary.

Guest C XVI

I predict that Cortana, in Halo 6 will turn crazy and end up unwillingly causing harm to chief and her allies. This leads Chief to reluctantly killing her, resulting in a sad cut scene where Chief takes off his helmet, places it on the floor whilst a tear falls & runs down his Visor.

I definitely think she will die throughout the trilogy.

I predict that Cortana, in Halo 6 will turn crazy and end up unwillingly causing harm to chief and her allies. This leads Chief to reluctantly killing her, resulting in a sad cut scene where Chief takes off his helmet, places it on the floor whilst a tear falls & runs down his Visor.

I definitely think she will die throughout the trilogy.

I was nearly crying when I read this :P