Cortana to Play an ‘Active’ Role in Halo 4?

There has been a lot of talk about the amount of time that has passed between the end of H3 and start of H4. They are trying to work in some of the armor upgrades are due to this time span (not sure how that works out). But anyways The time span can't be more than a few years at most because of Cortana's age. The whole trilogy needs to wrap I would say within a ten year period of time. Unless they figure out away to overcome AI Rampancy.

I will be disappointed if they completely over look the age issue with Cortana.

• 2 weeks later...

If rumors are to be believed then Microsoft Studios’ upcoming project Halo 4 could see the artificially intelligent (AI) character Cortana to play a leading role in the game.

Previously, it was rumored that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will also feature a beta version of Halo 4 in its ‘Extras’ panel in the menu. Now it is believed that Halo 4 will see the graphical representation of Cortana is a livelier form.

"I can tell you Cortana's going to be a focal point of Halo 4, for sure." Said Frank O'Connor, 343's franchise development director, during an interview with OXM (Official Xbox Magazine). "I think a lot of people are speculating on Cortana's age and the effects of age on an AI, there's this thing called Rampancy which is really just any AI thinking itself to death and Cortana's been around for a while and most AIs have a lifespan of seven years.”

O’Connor has hinted that Cortana will not be limited to a graphical imagery AI in the new version of Halo alongside Master Chief. This is expected to alter the game’s storyline and give it a more detailed plot. If Cortana is to play an active character alongside the chief then it will come as a bonus with the game.

thanks for the info john much appreciated,do you think or do you know that jen taylor and steve downes will be back to do the voices

"Cortana's a little bit different in that she's been exposed to a lot more technology and information than other AIs via the Forerunner lore and mythos. But her state of mind, her relationship with the Chief, they're all going to be core elements of the story and the 'human drama' as it were in Halo," O’Connor added.

“Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012,” says the official Halo 4 website.

Halo 4 will arrive on Xbox 360 in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to an OXM report.

This post has been promoted to an article

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a lot of talk about the amount of time that has passed between the end of H3 and start of H4. They are trying to work in some of the armor upgrades are due to this time span (not sure how that works out). But anyways The time span can't be more than a few years at most because of Cortana's age. The whole trilogy needs to wrap I would say within a ten year period of time. Unless they figure out away to overcome AI Rampancy.

I will be disappointed if they completely over look the age issue with Cortana.

Frank o'Connor said that it would be a major factor in Halo 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I like Spectral Jester's idea best so far. Her using Forerunner technology to expand her life. It could be anything from her just using something to just extend her life, to her getting some sort of robot body type thing that can keep her main thoughts centered in one spot, rather than parts of her everywhere. As long as she doesn't die. I don't want Cortana to die.

• 3 weeks later...

I think she won't be a playable character,But in the process of the first level an your crash landing she probally tells you what just happened,then you continue into the further levels and such,when she encounters the Precursors she probally has these random spontaneous flashbacks.

Ok, I like Spectral Jester's idea best so far. Her using Forerunner technology to expand her life. It could be anything from her just using something to just extend her life, to her getting some sort of robot body type thing that can keep her main thoughts centered in one spot, rather than parts of her everywhere. As long as she doesn't die. I don't want Cortana to die.

I could see her taking over a forerunner war sphinx and running around with you at some point, she does have extended experience with forerunner technology and memory interfaces...

• Like 1

I could see her taking over a forerunner war sphinx and running around with you at some point, she does have extended experience with forerunner technology and memory interfaces...

Yes, she does. I think she will somehow use their tech to expand her life cycle.