Cortana to Play an ‘Active’ Role in Halo 4?

If rumors are to be believed then Microsoft Studios’ upcoming project Halo 4 could see the artificially intelligent (AI) character Cortana to play a leading role in the game.

Previously, it was rumored that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will also feature a beta version of Halo 4 in its ‘Extras’ panel in the menu. Now it is believed that Halo 4 will see the graphical representation of Cortana is a livelier form.

"I can tell you Cortana's going to be a focal point of Halo 4, for sure." Said Frank O'Connor, 343's franchise development director, during an interview with OXM (Official Xbox Magazine). "I think a lot of people are speculating on Cortana's age and the effects of age on an AI, there's this thing called Rampancy which is really just any AI thinking itself to death and Cortana's been around for a while and most AIs have a lifespan of seven years.”

O’Connor has hinted that Cortana will not be limited to a graphical imagery AI in the new version of Halo alongside Master Chief. This is expected to alter the game’s storyline and give it a more detailed plot. If Cortana is to play an active character alongside the chief then it will come as a bonus with the game.

"Cortana's a little bit different in that she's been exposed to a lot more technology and information than other AIs via the Forerunner lore and mythos. But her state of mind, her relationship with the Chief, they're all going to be core elements of the story and the 'human drama' as it were in Halo," O’Connor added.

“Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012,” says the official Halo 4 website.

Halo 4 will arrive on Xbox 360 in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to an OXM report.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 2

Cortana already plays a pretty big role,that mission were you had to rescue her (on legendary solo) almost made me break my controller, also, cortana should not be the focal point, the unknown planet should. Just my opinion

John-117, you're my favorite guy from the News Group :)

If the rumors turn out to be true, I'd like some more insight on Cortana and her story, she's been vital to the series so far.

Thanks, I have been working hard on finding info on Halo and much more!

• Like 1

John-117, you're my favorite guy from the News Group :)

If the rumors turn out to be true, I'd like some more insight on Cortana and her story, she's been vital to the series so far.

My friend don't know what to think about it when i told him but I like it as long as the storys epic

If rumors are to be believed then Microsoft Studios’ upcoming project Halo 4 could see the artificially intelligent (AI) character Cortana to play a leading role in the game.

Previously, it was rumored that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will also feature a beta version of Halo 4 in its ‘Extras’ panel in the menu. Now it is believed that Halo 4 will see the graphical representation of Cortana is a livelier form.

"I can tell you Cortana's going to be a focal point of Halo 4, for sure." Said Frank O'Connor, 343's franchise development director, during an interview with OXM (Official Xbox Magazine). "I think a lot of people are speculating on Cortana's age and the effects of age on an AI, there's this thing called Rampancy which is really just any AI thinking itself to death and Cortana's been around for a while and most AIs have a lifespan of seven years.”

O’Connor has hinted that Cortana will not be limited to a graphical imagery AI in the new version of Halo alongside Master Chief. This is expected to alter the game’s storyline and give it a more detailed plot. If Cortana is to play an active character alongside the chief then it will come as a bonus with the game.

"Cortana's a little bit different in that she's been exposed to a lot more technology and information than other AIs via the Forerunner lore and mythos. But her state of mind, her relationship with the Chief, they're all going to be core elements of the story and the 'human drama' as it were in Halo," O’Connor added.

“Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012,” says the official Halo 4 website.

Halo 4 will arrive on Xbox 360 in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to an OXM report.

This post has been promoted to an article

that was a very good post i was hopeing we would our or hands on halo 4 beta with combat evo. anyway dito cortana will be a major role in the 1st part 2 343s new saga.