Who is downgrading to Standard Edition?

Ventus

Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?

While I could never make myself not get the limited edition of a Halo game, I can see where you're coming from. Not only has the LE lost its exclusitivity, but it lost the things that made it a great deal in the first place, but at least you'll still get the game of the year!

I'm happy with the Standard Edition, I'll get most of the LE stuff and the most awesome game ever made in human history!

According to BS Angel, 343i is working on this weeks Halo Bulletin and will hopefully address the LE situation, if it is not addressed, I will cancel my LE and just buy the SE and War Games Map Pass

I think i'll do the exact same thing. They better have a good explenation and a good reason for me to not cancel my LE pre-order.

• Like 2

I think i'll do the exact same thing. They better have a good explenation and a good reason for me to not cancel my LE pre-order.

I really hope they give a good explanation...especailly for giving EVREYONE the Recruit armor...I mean heck..it says Le get it exclusively on thier own site lol;

http://www.xbox.com/en-HK/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4/colletorsEdition

• Like 1

Wait, What does the LE version have that the regular edition doesn't? I was planning on Getting the LE version. I will get it. Even if I get just 1 more bonus than the standard version

Two skins and some avatar items, as well as some papers, a cool-looking case and FUD over streaming. That's it.

i also am mad about this and see the explanation on this weeks halo waypoint Bulletin but ive never got an LE so still getting it even if its only a steel book case, FUD streaming,two skins, and a few avatar items, and map pack access but i think its still worth it for 100 bucks.

The bulletin is up? I havent checked it yet...was it a good explanation at least?

don't shoot me down here, but: I think all you guys sound like spoiled children, I don't care about any extras in the LE or over a map pack or what ever, I have played halo for as long as I can remember (I was like 6 when I first got halo 1) halo is a big part of my life and I see buy the LE as a way of thanking Bungie AND 343I for the hard-work they put into making a great game. halo is the reason im becoming a 3D modeller/animator. who cares about bonuses.

rant over. :drool:

• Like 2

I have downgraded, when I found out the LE content wasn't exclusive, I got really angry, like, there's no point in buying LE. If you buy the war games map pack later on, you get content which won't be shipped with the LE (helmets), which is just stupid. The Reach LE was exclusive, they should've needed to ship the LE with atleast something like a book which won't be posted on the internet at day one..

the reach LE was not excluesive you could by it like 3 months after the release.

Personally I am still getting my LE, I have already paid it off.

This just sounds like people getting upset over something trivial, most likely 343i will resolve the situation, and if they don't enough of people like yall will make them think twice in the future.

Personally I am getting LE for the sake of getting the LE. Call me stupid or whatever, but when it gets resolved, I will be the one with LE, and yall will be the ones without it. I don't care what others think.

Thats my input.

• Like 1

*AHEM*

https://forums.halow...r-LE-again.aspx

You're gonna want to click that, btw...

That doesn't really change anything. Standard Edition buyers will still get all the specializations early if they play by November 20th.

don't shoot me down here, but: I think all you guys sound like spoiled children, I don't care about any extras in the LE or over a map pack or what ever, I have played halo for as long as I can remember (I was like 6 when I first got halo 1) halo is a big part of my life and I see buy the LE as a way of thanking Bungie AND 343I for the hard-work they put into making a great game. halo is the reason im becoming a 3D modeller/animator. who cares about bonuses.

How are we spoiled when we're just trying to save money? Honestly, you seem like the spoiled one since you can just spend 100$ on something without caring much. Or maybe you're just rich... Also, this isn't about what we get, this is about principles. When they promise me something, I expect them to keep that promise and not just change the terms around whenever and however they want. That is no way to treat a customer who is spending 100$, which again is a lot of money.

People who downgrade because of recent revelations, are people who don't appreciate the concept of the Limited Edition versions of games.

I'm sorry, but I can't afford to "appreciate" every Limited Edition. Especially when the alternative will save me money and at the same time give me most of the things that are in LE. I'm showing enough appreciating by buying their games, as I have done since Halo CE.

That doesn't really change anything. Standard Edition buyers will still get all the specializations early if they play by November 20th.

How are we spoiled when we're just trying to save money? Honestly, you seem like the spoiled one since you can just spend 100$ on something without caring much. Or maybe you're just rich... Also, this isn't about what we get, this is about principles. When they promise me something, I expect them to keep that promise and not just change the terms around whenever and however they want. That is no way to treat a customer who is spending 100$, which again is a lot of money.

I'm sorry, but I can't afford to "appreciate" every Limited Edition. Especially when the alternative will save me money and at the same time give me most of the things that are in LE. I'm showing enough appreciating by buying their games, as I have done since Halo CE.

Obviously you haven't done any math here, getting the LE saves you more money on DLC then if you bought the standalone versions.(roughly 15% off)

Downgrading in this case is going to cost YOU more.

Obviously you haven't done any math here, getting the LE saves you more money on DLC then if you bought the standalone versions.(roughly 15% off)

Downgrading in this case is going to cost YOU more.

Actually if the map pack pass costs £15 as stated in this article: http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/15/halo-4s-war-games-map-pass-will-cost-you-25/

And I can purchase Halo 4 standard edition for £34 in my local Sainsburys then I would be paying £49 altogether whereas my limited edition is costing me £65 and I don't get the helmets from the map pack.

Just giving you some math. But I'm personally still getting my Limited edition. Because I can right now.

• Like 1

Playing their game should be enough appreciation. They shouldn't have to gather up free stuff to make the LE sound more worth the $100 price tag.

I bought the Halo 2 LE, the Halo 3 Legendary, AND the Halo Reach Legendary, and in all honesty I don't see any justification to pay more for the LE other than giving them more money out of respect for the company, which no one should feel obligated doing.

I'll give them more money AFTER Halo 4, when I know they made a solid game and I know Halo is in good hands again. (Not implying that Halo 4 looks bad, because it doesnt, it looks great, but you should always reserve judgement when you're unsure.)

Also, keep in mind the specializations are for after Level 50... I doubt I'll reach 50 before they release the specializations to everyone lol

Besides, I wanted wetwork for my first loadout anyway

• Like 1