Who is downgrading to Standard Edition?

Ventus

Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?

As most of you may know, the Limited Edition content is not so limited anymore. Early access to the Specializations will be given to everyone who plays the game by November 20th. The FUD Extended Edition will be streamed over Halo Waypoint instead of being on the disk or being available for download (you will need a constant internet connection to watch it). The Map Pass that comes with the Limited Edition is cheaper, but the Standalone Map Pass will give you two Exclusive helmets. The other additional content, like the blueprints and papers, will be available for everyone to read online.

At this point, it's not really worth paying 100$ for the Limited Edition. You will save a lot of money by downgrading to the Standard Edition for 60$ and then buy Standalone Map Pass for 25$, which actually gives you the same, if not more, content. I will downgrade my pre-order and get the Standard Edition instead. What about you?

Source: https://forums.halow...ions-Early.aspx

Edit: It has now been confirmed that you do get the two exclusive helmets included in the Map Pass regardless of which version of the game you buy.

Personally im doing standard edition. Not that i dont have the money, but in my opinion its the same game in the LE you get map packs and everything else earlier than SE. the game for 60 ill take anyday i dont need to spend 100 on a game with given addon and i dont need 2 helmets that i probably wont even use. good topic ventus ^_^

• Like 1

I wont, i already have it paid off and i don't want to go through all that hassle of downgrading. I already have the game and all the other stuff that comes with LE. Call me lazy i guess but idc really, lol.

I get where you come from. I was indifferent at first to be honest, but when I found out that the Scanner helmet is only available through the Standalone Map Pass, and since I hadn't paid any money except a small depositum, I made up my mind. ;)

Personally im doing standard edition. Not that i dont have the money, but in my opinion its the same game in the LE you get map packs and everything else earlier than SE. the game for 60 ill take anyday i dont need to spend 100 on a game with given addon and i dont need 2 helmets that i probably wont even use. good topic ventus ^_^

Thank you, and I agree. :)
  • Like 1

The Limited Edition is good.

The map packs are not cheaper, rather you get them for free. 3 future DLC which is 3 maps per DLC I presume, giving you 9 maps total. Also, you will still get the exclusive helmets from the standalone map packs, because inside your LE case will have the codes for the DLC. You will need to download the DLC normally as if you bought the standard edition, thus giving you exclusive helmets. Unless a 343i employee has stated otherwise. Still, LE gets you a pretty kick ass case which will be epic for my Halo collection.

The map packs are not cheaper, rather you get them for free. 3 future DLC which is 3 maps per DLC I presume, giving you 9 maps total. Also, you will still get the exclusive helmets from the standalone map packs, because inside your LE case will have the codes for the DLC. You will need to download the DLC normally as if you bought the standard edition, thus giving you exclusive helmets. Unless a 343i employee has stated otherwise. Still, LE gets you a pretty kick ass case which will be epic for my Halo collection.

According to what I read, the Standalone DLC and the LE DLC is different. If you buy the LE, the Map Pass and Map Packs will not have the two exclusive helmets that the Standalone gets. Also, the Map Pack DLC is not free, it's included in the price.

At first I was really excited for the Limited Edition, but when I looked through all the features it didn't seem worth the money...

The armor skins are w/e

The DVD for Forward Unto Dawn is cool I suppose, but it's still a free web series (I have no desire to watch it more than once.)

The 9 maps was the only thing making me really want the LE, but after looking at the skins i dont want and the movie I'll only watch once, saving 5-8 bucks on 9 maps (total) wasn't worth shelling out $100 on day one.

I'll take my standard edition with the cool cover art, thank you :B

I will not be downgrading mainly because I had no money to get this in the first place!

Yep... I was actually going to upgrade to the LE, but then I had two tires just pretty much explode back to back, so having to buy two tires set me back. And I know that the LE may not sound worth it, but you have to remember the packaging. The LE just looks awesome.

Yep... I was actually going to upgrade to the LE, but then I had two tires just pretty much explode back to back, so having to buy two tires set me back. And I know that the LE may not sound worth it, but you have to remember the packaging. The LE just looks awesome.

Of course, the packaging is awesome. I'm just not up for paying 20-30$ for it. :P

According to what I read, the Standalone DLC and the LE DLC is different. If you buy the LE, the Map Pass and Map Packs will not have the two exclusive helmets that the Standalone gets. Also, the Map Pack DLC is not free, it's included in the price.

when you get the limited edition, you DO get the Strider and the Scanner helmets.

I have downgraded, when I found out the LE content wasn't exclusive, I got really angry, like, there's no point in buying LE. If you buy the war games map pack later on, you get content which won't be shipped with the LE (helmets), which is just stupid. The Reach LE was exclusive, they should've needed to ship the LE with atleast something like a book which won't be posted on the internet at day one..

• Like 1

While many would say that the LE is no longer exclusive one of the main reasons I'm not downgrading is because I love the Halo franchise through thick and thin. I personally dont care about exclusive items or a collectors tin, I just want want to support a great company on there first official game and show my loyalty to the franchise.

What? Get a standard edition Halo game? How is that possible?

This is a first...

While many would say that the LE is no longer exclusive one of the main reasons I'm not downgrading is because I love the Halo franchise through thick and thin. I personally dont care about exclusive items or a collectors tin, I just want want to support a great company on there first official game and show my loyalty to the franchise.

In reality you're supporting Micro$oft more than you're supporting 343i, as 343i is a part of Micro$oft.

when you get the limited edition, you DO get the Strider and the Scanner helmets.

I'm afraid that's not true as of now. The Limited Edition Map Pass does not include the helmets, you have to buy the Standalone Map Pass in order to get those.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com//yaf_postst115463_Scanner-and-Strider.aspx

You are incorrect, BS Angel confirmed that the LE will NOT be getting the Strider and Scanner Helmet and Falcon emblem that comes with the stand alone War games Map Pass. The Map Pass is not free with the LE, it is in fact cheaper by %15 when bundled with the LE than paying $24.99 for the stand alone version. LE also no longer gets the Recruit Armor that was originally exclusive to the LE, now everyone gets it. And yes the FUD is only available through stream over Halo Waypoint so Ventus is correct about all of this.

According to BS Angel, 343i is working on this weeks Halo Bulletin and will hopefully address the LE situation, if it is not addressed, I will cancel my LE and just buy the SE and War Games Map Pass

• Like 2

This is a first...

While I could never make myself not get the limited edition of a Halo game, I can see where you're coming from. Not only has the LE lost its exclusitivity, but it lost the things that made it a great deal in the first place, but at least you'll still get the game of the year!