Halo 4 LE No Longer Worth It!?

Tallgeese

It's funny that you have such strong opinions on the worth of the Limited Edition when you aren't invested in it. Your Philosophical insight into the worth of apples when applied to a video game MAY have been worth something, until you let everyone know that you didn't buy the Limited Edition, thus rendering your argument worthless. If you believe that the LE is of such worth .... Then why don't you have it purchased? I mean, I'm able to listen to everyone's opinion and get an idea on whether or not I should downgrade to Standard edition or keep my Limited, but when the person with the biggest opinion didn't even put out the $100 for the product ....... your opinion is worthless to the matter. Sorry, thanks for all the blue letters, that's all I saw in your posts.

Killerdude summed it up nicely. Besides, I'm getting the console. I need a new one. The console bundle gets me what I need. If I had a nicely working console with plenty of memory, I'd buy the LE. Sorry, and thanks for all the good grammar and nonsense. That's all I saw in YOUR posts. :)
  • Like 1

Killerdude summed it up nicely. Besides, I'm getting the console. I need a new one. The console bundle gets me what I need. If I had a nicely working console with plenty of memory, I'd buy the LE. Sorry, and thanks for all the good grammar and nonsense. That's all I saw in YOUR posts. :)

The point of everything I said was made to be the "Extreme", you have to have an extreme if you are to get complete and educated opinions from both sides. Having a full picture of the Limited Edition's pros and cons will make it a lot easier to make a choice on whether or not to remain with the Limited Edition, as the package stands. At this point I'm pretty set on downgrading to the Standard Edition, however I will wait until about 3 days prior to the release to actually downgrade if I choose to do so. Waiting the extra 2 weeks I'm sure 343 will definitely shed more light on the status of the Limited Edition, but they have already gone into mass production so I don't really think much can be changed at this stage... We'll see.

IGN Halo 4 unboxing.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/22/halo-4-limited-edition-software-unboxing

Now we know EXACTLY what comes with it.

IGN Halo 4 unboxing.

http://www.ign.com/v...ftware-unboxing

Now we know EXACTLY what comes with it.

Wow, now it's official... Limited Edition SUCKS!!!! Seriously.

Guys I really need advice...

I went to my local retailer on saturday to preorder the game and she told me that they'll be getting standard copies on november 6th. I proceeded to ask about the LE of the game and she said that they only import special editions if the client asks for them and she said she was going to ask If the supplier still had LE's left. I agreed on calling tomorrow and change my order if LE's were available but after watching that unboxing video and knowing there's no ''super-special-exclusive DLC'' I don't really feel like buying it anymore. I have a somewhat big Halo collection and really wanted the LE to add it but it seems there's nothing worth in it. What do you think? Should I still get it or save my money for some other Halo goodies like the soundtrack/headsets/artbooks?

Guys I really need advice...

I went to my local retailer on saturday to preorder the game and she told me that they'll be getting standard copies on november 6th. I proceeded to ask about the LE of the game and she said that they only import special editions if the client asks for them and she said she was going to ask If the supplier still had LE's left. I agreed on calling tomorrow and change my order if LE's were available but after watching that unboxing video and knowing there's no ''super-special-exclusive DLC'' I don't really feel like buying it anymore. I have a somewhat big Halo collection and really wanted the LE to add it but it seems there's nothing worth in it. What do you think? Should I still get it or save my money for some other Halo goodies like the soundtrack/headsets/artbooks?

I wouldnt get it, I would just get the Standard Edition and the War Games Map Pass. You could always just tget the Prime armor skin and weapon skin off of ebay

Wow, just because it only has 3 exclusive items, no one wants it? For shame. Is this thread deader than a door-nail now?

Yeah I guess it is... Those who are sticking with LE and those who've decided to drop down to SE have made their minds up now, we just want the game now... and lets be honest after all the tears and sadness within this thread about skins or inclusions the games all that matters

Wow, just because it only has 3 exclusive items, no one wants it? For shame. Is this thread deader than a door-nail now?

Not really. I don't give half a crap about DLC and since the LE BARELY has any physical goodies I don't thinks it's worth it anymore.

The LE and the map pass both give you access to the same DLC, thus the same helms, skins, emblems.

NO the LE DOES NOT come with the Strider and Scanner helmets and the Falcon emblem. Those only come with the stand alone War Games Map Pass...they are different sku's thus different contents. This was stated by BS Angel herself: https://twitter.com/...590355480604672

I am really getting tired of people thinking they know everything and having to explain the same thing again and again...NO the LE DOES NOT come with the Strider and Scanner helmets and the Falcon emblem. Those only come with the stand alone War Games Map Pass...they are different sku's thus different contents. This was stated by BS Angel herself: https://twitter.com/bsangel/statuses/248590355480604672

And I'm getting real tired of people constantly complaining about the LE, you are literally losing out on JUST those helmets and that emblem, NO, you are NOT missing out on FUD, you still get to watch it, who cares if it is streamed over waypoint, you STILL get what you're paying for.

So yes, everyone is downgrading over some silly helmets, I dare you to prove me wrong.

Not really. I don't give half a crap about DLC and since the LE BARELY has any physical goodies I don't thinks it's worth it anymore.

Most people seem to be downgrading due to the helmets + lack of physical goods. I also did not pre order for the "exclusive armor and helmets", I did it for the physical stuff, season pass, and FUD.

And I'm getting real tired of people constantly complaining about the LE, you are literally losing out on JUST those helmets and that emblem, NO, you are NOT missing out on FUD, you still get to watch it, who cares if it is streamed over waypoint, you STILL get what you're paying for.

So yes, everyone is downgrading over some silly helmets, I dare you to prove me wrong.

Did you see me complaining about the LE and me mentioning I was downgrading in my reply to JohnnyJohnJohnny? No I did not, I was just correcting his post. You on the other hand had no reason to piggyback off of my reply and turn it into a point of your own that had nothing to do with my reply. We understand you think downgrading is stupid, thats fine, leave it at that.

I love how this dude is SOOO fed up with everyone complaining about the Limited Edition, yet he continues to come back to this post for 113 posts now... Doesn't quite make sense. Everyone is downgrading because our $100 limited edition game is significantly weaker in appeal than past installments. You have to be the whiniest person on the post and your complaining about the complainers.. Plus you didn't even buy the Limited Edition, if you thought so highly of it then you would have bought it. You wanna buy my Limited Edition copy?? I know the rest are sold out..

Im downgrading to save 14 dollars on the map pack. You been proven wrong.

I love how this dude is SOOO fed up with everyone complaining about the Limited Edition, yet he continues to come back to this post for 113 posts now... Doesn't quite make sense. Everyone is downgrading because our $100 limited edition game is significantly weaker in appeal than past installments. You have to be the whiniest person on the post and your complaining about the complainers.. Plus you didn't even buy the Limited Edition, if you thought so highly of it then you would have bought it. You wanna buy my Limited Edition copy?? I know the rest are sold out..

If I had the chance to buy it, yes I definately would have done it. But you see, I went into my local GameStop and they were all out, so I'm stuck with SE.

Im downgrading to save 14 dollars on the map pack. You been proven wrong.

Halo 4 - 60$

War games map pass - 25$

FUD DVD - 16$

101$ before taxes, add on a 13% tax rate(my area) and it costs $114.13, not exactly rolling in savings, am I? :P

Did you see me complaining about the LE and me mentioning I was downgrading in my reply to JohnnyJohnJohnny? No I did not, I was just correcting his post. You on the other hand had no reason to piggyback off of my reply and turn it into a point of your own that had nothing to do with my reply. We understand you think downgrading is stupid, thats fine, leave it at that.

Yes, that's what I saw, that's why I replied.

I'm sorry if you took that personally, you see, it was more of a general statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIBBFnKI10k

Well the unboxing is mighty underwhelming, I've been more excited at opening an happy meal. The steel case is more white, than the silver and embossed promo pictures, the outer numbered box is neat though. The actual Contents look slim only one schematic it mentioned having an infinity ship one but guess thats just that page in the tiny tiny booklet. Guess we at least get the map packs and heard we are now getting the 2 helmet skins and emblem of the retail map pass.

To sum up I think Halo deserves something a little more special than this release, I'm sure 343i have put their hearts and souls into 4 (from what I've seen at least). I just hope for any future game releases they put out, be it Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 5 or maybe even Halo 4:ODST :laughing: I hope they put more thought and contents into their special editions.

I lol at the people that downgraded as to now the LE comes with the helmets.

Haha Yea I agree with you, I just checked Bestbuy.com and as of now, the limited edition comes with the helmets now too, so everyone who downgraded must of made them change their minds about making it only available to standard edition buyers. Good thing I didn't downgrade.

IT is getting to be really annoying. The thing that annoys me most though is that when details of the LE first came out, i thought it said LE buyers would get access to the 9 DLC maps for free (I might be remembering this wrong though...) It is really looking like i wasted money.

IT is getting to be really annoying. The thing that annoys me most though is that when details of the LE first came out, i thought it said LE buyers would get access to the 9 DLC maps for free (I might be remembering this wrong though...) It is really looking like i wasted money.

It includes a pass for the 3 dlc map packs, the 1st one comes out in Dec, 2nd in Feb then final one in April which all adds up to 9 extra maps.

I'm treating the LE more as a bundle now of just the game and maps pass, that happens to come in a fancy box. The other extras are pretty light, but its not really costing me any extra.

• Like 1