Bring Back Johnson

Archon

Well surprisingly enough Johnson was seen during an Easter Egg on the end of Halo CE hugging an Elite, and facing death by the halo ring, yet he lived to reappear in the other Halos. Plus he is an Or-- I mean Spartan I subject and his healing abilities are superb.

My word on this..... You NEVER know for sure until it's over.

bungie confirmed the Halo CE legendary ending was non-canon

Johnson's ressurection would be the ultimate story weakener in the history of gaming. Worse than the MW 2 random, stupid, confusing and very, very unexplained reasons for sheperds actions, Or Soaps death in MW 3 (not just saying that cuase i'm Scottish :cry: ). I admittedly have worked out shepards reasons (he started a war he knew he would win, if it wern't for S+P, and make himself look good after MW 1 when he epicly failed despite the fact he wasn't a character).

As much as I, and I'm sure many others loved SGT Johnson, bringing a dead character back seems kind of stupid to me. Almost like, in a lot of cases, making a character in a movie a completely different race than the original character of the source material.

Anyways, I would rather they try to make a new character for the new trilogy than to cop out and make an old favorite into a zombie.

• Like 1

As much as I, and I'm sure many others loved SGT Johnson, bringing a dead character back seems kind of stupid to me. Almost like, in a lot of cases, making a character in a movie a completely different race than the original character of the source material.

Anyways, I would rather they try to make a new character for the new trilogy than to cop out and make an old favorite into a zombie.

Exactly. Like what if Sgt. Johnson had a son that contributes in H5 or H6 with some sort of remarkable feat...like saving MC somehow? Either way, Johnson is dead /thread.

Would it have made sense to bring Darth Maul back in Episode 2 and 3?

No.

The same goes for Johnson.

Well considering Darth Maul got cut in half, just the same as Anakin and was relatively less injured than Anakin... Yeah he totally could have came back in episode 2. Vader came back in episodes 4, 5 and 6 after he was cut in half. But because Maul was like 30th most important character in the Star Wars universe, he didn't come back. Johnson was in like top 5 of importance in the Halo universe. Along with Miranda Keyes (also killed off in halo 3), Arbiter (not in Halo 4s campaign) and Cortana, they were Chiefs only "friends" (in the games at least) really..

Johnson was in like top 5 of importance in the Halo universe. Along with Miranda Keyes (also killed off in halo 3), Arbiter (not in Halo 4s campaign) and Cortana, they were Chiefs only "friends" (in the games at least) really..

I'd say Top 10...you're forgetting a bunch of antagonists and neutral players.

I think the idea of an easter egg would be really neat, but it should be a more subtle one. Like finding a crate of Sweet William Cigars with a note "Deliver to Sgt. A.J.". Who could be anyone from Sgt. Allen Jacobs, to a hint at the beloved Sgt. Avery Johnson. Bringing an A.I. of him is, in my opinion, a terrible idea. Please, just no. It would either have to be a 'Dumb' A.I. or a 'Smart' A.I. copied from his so very dead brain (R.I.P.). So yeah, something subtle for his true fans to find, anything obvious would just be an eyesore.

• Like 1

Well considering Darth Maul got cut in half, just the same as Anakin and was relatively less injured than Anakin... Yeah he totally could have came back in episode 2. Vader came back in episodes 4, 5 and 6 after he was cut in half. But because Maul was like 30th most important character in the Star Wars universe, he didn't come back. Johnson was in like top 5 of importance in the Halo universe. Along with Miranda Keyes (also killed off in halo 3), Arbiter (not in Halo 4s campaign) and Cortana, they were Chiefs only "friends" (in the games at least) really..

He wasn't cut in half (Anikan) just most of his legs were cut off, then his body was crisped by lava in places

Darth Maul got sliced cleanly in half, fell like 2 miles down a shaft, so no, he would not be coming back after that. Also, anakin only had his legs and an arm cut off, then was burnt by lava. The only reason he survived is clbecause the emperor kept him alive with force powers and what not. I'm certain there wasn't any emperor down the bottom of that shaft to keep Darth Maul alive...

Darth Maul got sliced cleanly in half, fell like 2 miles down a shaft, so no, he would not be coming back after that. Also, anakin only had his legs and an arm cut off, then was burnt by lava. The only reason he survived is clbecause the emperor kept him alive with force powers and what not. I'm certain there wasn't any emperor down the bottom of that shaft to keep Darth Maul alive...

You never know he could have been waiting down there to catch him :laughing:

• Like 1

the halo CE legendary ending was non-canon, AKA ppthat never happened in the games story. And if you read First Strike, you'll learn how he got off of Halo

don't need to, halo CE was out before the books. Bungie only said he was non-cannon so people wouldn't get confused.

don't need to, halo CE was out before the books. Bungie only said he was non-cannon so people wouldn't get confused.

But still, what happened in the legendary ending didn't really happen, and Johnson got off Halo in a Pelican. It doesn't matter when that was revealed, the fact is he didn't die in Halo CE.

I love Johnson a bunch. He's by far one of my favorite characters, but let sleeping dogs lie. It's been done, and leave him to his rest.

Perhaps a nice replacement for Johnson would be nice, someone who has his spirit, just so long as the character isn't shoehorned in or anything.

Would it have made sense to bring Darth Maul back in Episode 2 and 3?

No.

The same goes for Johnson.

THey actually did end up bringing Maul back... In the TV show thats concidred canon., Aparently he carzy too.

Johnson isn't dead he's just taking a nap ;)

yeah, a dirt nap...

\Why dont we bring back captain keys while we're at it so he can perform some daring move in the infinity at the end of halo 6 to save everyone,

call it the "Keyes flop", it sounds catchy

THey actually did end up bringing Maul back... In the TV show thats concidred canon., Aparently he carzy too.

yeah, a dirt nap...

call it the "Keyes flop", it sounds catchy

It's not allowed to be canon, it basically rewrites big and important parts of the story, if Maul lived, then Obi-Wan would have died.

So no info not consider them even remotely canon.