Think of ordnance?

Vendetta

What do you guys think about the new ordnance system implemented into multiplayer?

pros and cons, and why they are.

I was just wondering, i can't recall who, but the person who thought of the ordnance system said that people with less skill and knowledge of maps, won't know where all the good weapons are, but what confuses me is if someone has less skill to get the gun, they need at least 5 kills to get it anyway, so whats the point?

Not to say it's a bad idea.

I actually prefer it

post-32179-0-57532800-1350031235.png

I think it's a great idea because it eliminates camping and time/position control.

Say rockets spawn at 7:00, 5:00, 3:00, you're going to have a skilled team shift their position towards rocket spawn to make sure to 1. use them, and 2. have the other team not use them.

With these ordnance drops, they're random in location, which will eliminate exactly what I said above.

I think it's a great idea because it eliminates camping and time/position control.

Say rockets spawn at 7:00, 5:00, 3:00, you're going to have a skilled team shift their position towards rocket spawn to make sure to 1. use them, and 2. have the other team not use them.

With these ordnance drops, they're random in location, which will eliminate exactly what I said above.

But doesn't needing to get to the power weapons promote map movement? If you can just spawn weapons near your location, wouldn't that promote camping?

I actually like it, we don't know everything or what the orndinance carry, as far as I'm concerned the Target Locater could still be in MM. I've always wanted to use that gun in multiplayer, but the enemy team shouldn't be able to see the red boundary it'd make the gun pointless; make a perk or something that will allow them to. Also, think about scorpions and mantis and falcons and all them. the target locater would be the best ordinance to take them out with the element of surprise

But doesn't needing to get to the power weapons promote map movement? If you can just spawn weapons near your location, wouldn't that promote camping?

Well, yes, it's near your location, but it's not exactly where you're standing, it's randomly spawned nearby. Also, it depends on how well you're doing, which previous predetermined weapon spawns didn't.

Well, yes, it's near your location, but it's not exactly where you're standing, it's randomly spawned nearby. Also, it depends on how well you're doing, which previous predetermined weapon spawns didn't.

Nearby, almost on top of you!

You saw the videos, those things spawned literally like 5 feet from them!!

I like it...I think it will add a nice variable to the game. Weapon drops are random (from a sequence of pre-set weapon) and drop at random times. So I think having the ability to call in your own Ordinance Drop contianing a grenade, a powerup, and a power weapon is pretty cool. The pace of the game is faster now and I think this will flow well with it. Plus it will be awesome to see players killed by the Ordinance Drop lol

• Like 1

...and you want them because you think it eliminates camping?

Oh sweet irony...

Nothing ironic about that. You'd have to separate your ideology of camping into 2 different approaches.

Say I get a killing spree (camping or not), my ordnance meter is full, and I spawn rockets 5 feet away from me. That's just great, isn't it? It wouldn't matter if I was camping or not because I didn't have to time out when the next fixated spawn would happen, and I didn't need to relocate to that specific part of the map.

The reason this is more useful and beneficial is because they want to make sure you get your reward for getting a killing spree. If you were meandering the map, getting kills towards your meter, and quickly wanted to hide in a back room and spawn your ordnance, it almost seals the deal. This doesn't matter whether you were out in the fray or just simply hanging back and picking people off; however, if you are playing a competitive game where people understand the layout and the spawn points, they're going to keep a general position around said power weapon to ensure that they can get it before you can.

Think of it as throwing a positive wrench in the works.

Nothing ironic about that. You'd have to separate your ideology of camping into 2 different approaches.

Say I get a killing spree (camping or not), my ordnance meter is full, and I spawn rockets 5 feet away from me. That's just great, isn't it? It wouldn't matter if I was camping or not because I didn't have to time out when the next fixated spawn would happen, and I didn't need to relocate to that specific part of the map.

The reason this is more useful and beneficial is because they want to make sure you get your reward for getting a killing spree. If you were meandering the map, getting kills towards your meter, and quickly wanted to hide in a back room and spawn your ordnance, it almost seals the deal. This doesn't matter whether you were out in the fray or just simply hanging back and picking people off; however, if you are playing a competitive game where people understand the layout and the spawn points, they're going to keep a general position around said power weapon to ensure that they can get it before you can.

Think of it as throwing a positive wrench in the works.

The only thing is,

A. you get the meter filled form assists and kills not just kills

B. you do not have a choice of what is in the ordinance drops, they change depending on the games and the map (hence the Re-Roll ability from one of the Specializations)

The only thing is,

A. you get the meter filled form assists and kills not just kills

B. you do not have a choice of what is in the ordinance drops, they change depending on the games and the map (hence the Re-Roll ability from one of the Specializations)

Yes, I know...

They spawn right next to the player, yes it is ironic, because it's only going to enforce camping more then remove it...

So yes, Oh sweet irony.

If you let a camper kill you and your teammates 5 times in a row, even with an implemented killcam, I'd be astonished. They would deserve that ordnance drop. I go for those a55holes first thing. If you want to let a camper accomplish that, be my guest.

Personally, I'm going to use my ordnance drop when I can find a safe location to drop it in. No, I won't be camping, I'll just be assuring that I won't be killed waiting for it and that it isn't in the middle of the battlefield.

• Like 1

Yes, I know...

If you let a camper kill you and your teammates 5 times in a row, even with an implemented killcam, I'd be astonished. They would deserve that ordnance drop. I go for those a55holes first thing. If you want to let a camper accomplish that, be my guest.

Personally, I'm going to use my ordnance drop when I can find a safe location to drop it in. No, I won't be camping, I'll just be assuring that I won't be killed waiting for it and that it isn't in the middle of the battlefield.

Campers are NOT a legitimate reason for a killcam, it was your lack of situational awareness that got you killed.

How does the global ordnance work?

Agree to disagree. I think Ordnance Drops will help decrease (not eliminate) campers who are waiting for certain weapons to spawn.

I had forgotten about Killcams. After thinking about it for a bit, I think ordnance might be a good thing. Having some kind of choice is also pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts on halo 4s multiplayer, First of all 343 seemed to have changed so much of halos multiplayer that i feel like im playing call of duty. why? load outs, ordnance drops, drop in/drop out system and the exp system.

The exp system does not make halo 4 a competitive game in the slightest, it's very repetitive, tiresome, boring and almost feels like a chore levelling up through the system but no real reward for winning apart from a little bit more xp, oh but then you really make me feel like im playing call of duty by also rewarding me with more customizable features for my spartan and not only that without a real ranking system more like halo 2s or halo 3s there's always going to be unfair games, which brings to the..

The drop in/drop out system is terrible since when has there ever been a call of duty feature such as this before in a previous halo game? it also doesn't work properly as i have found myself joining games o that have been losing by a lot, also this drop in/drop out system seems to have a tendency to start unfair games like 3v5 2v4 and so on and even in objective game type playlist such as kill of the hill, oddball and capture the flag, now i shouldn't have to express how unfair it is but it is completely ridiculous.

Ordnance drops, now i can see how this may of seemed like a good idea but it really isnt, with no power weapons on the maps to fight over like sniper, rockets, laser and i guess sword and shotgun, there really isnt anything to fight over and so you end up having slow paced and boring style call of duty games where either one team sits back and camp/defends and the other team has no choice but to rush/flank the enemies in order to fill their ordnance metre to get a random power weapon which 9/10 is not suitable to the games current situation such as there could be a lot of vehicles circling the map and your team could really do with a laser and you call in your ordnance drop in and you get a needler, a shotgun or speedboost now what use are these items when your current game is capture the flag on valhalla? or there could be no vehicles on the map and you're on complex and a sniper would be really handy so you call in your ordnance drop and get 3 random items that don't suit your play style.

finally load outs another so called fresh idea which shock horror has been in call of duty in like forever but wait halo makes it much more worst by giving you armour abilities, tactical packages and support packages, you could argue well if i don't like the load outs or armour abilities also known as halo perks why don't i play slayer pro? well here's why its rubbish because of... read first half of the ordnance paragraph.

personally i think halo 4 feels like halo as in Spartan movement, jumping, shooting, weapons and maps but the part that makes it feel far too much like call of duty is the load outs, ordnance drops, drop in/drop out system and the exp system.

as you can tell im really disappointed in the multiplayer aspect of halo 4 and it won't be long be for a lot of halo fans become bored of the call of duty features.

343 you may have tried but you really made this game for the wrong community, also a question to FRANK O'CONNOR is it really true that you got ranked locked at level 33 on halo 3? because if that's true that may explain a lot as in too why you made the majority of the decisions to make halo 4 have so many similarities to call of duty, im just wondering FRANK O'CONNOR if you just randomly played call of duty one day and thought wow this is absolutely amazing, this is how i want the next halo to be like a non-competitive game where we can all just level up in our own time and eventually hit max level with no real need to think about if you have to win or not because with exp it just seems like it doesn't matter.

FRANK O'CONNOR, CAN GO AND SWIVEL!