Microsoft Points to remain standard on Xbox Live

Archangel Tyrael

screenshot_291451_thumb_wide940.jpg

Microsoft will still remain using Microsoft Points on the Xbox 360 and real world currency for Windows 8.

Read below for more details

Source:

CVG.com

Speculation surrounding a possible shift to real-world currency kicked off this week when it was revealed that Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 8, will use

real cash by default.

In a statement to CVG, the company said that Microsoft Points "continue to be the currency for purchasing content for the Xbox 360 console".

It added that Xbox Live customers will be able to purchase content on Windows 8 using stored Microsoft Points.

It has been long rumoured that the Xbox firm will ultimately

phase out Microsoft Points in the next generation of hardware and software.

This post has been promoted to an article

In a way, it's too bad that we won't be able to select the exact amount of money we would want to use (instead of sometimes overpurchasing since we need - let's say (totally hypothetical) 2000 MP, but have to buy 4800 MP since that's all there is in the store) - However, I guess for that kind of system to work it would be necessary to do the transfers online with a bank/credit card account, so in comparison, Microsoft Points cards are more user-friendly, since people with only cash have the option to go our and purchase these pre-set cards. All in all, i guess it's for the best that there will not be a change.

• Like 1

I wish that we could purchase any game on xboxlive with the Microsoft points, it would be a nice change from "only being able to buy Arcade games"

Lucky you, GoD's can be purchased with MS points(Yay!) I believe you press X when they show you the price of the game. There'll be a prompt at the bottom saying "Press X to purchase with Microsoft Points"