Crysis 3: Multiplayer introduction

screenshot_288428_thumb_wide940.jpg

EA has released a

Crysis 3 multiplayer introduction video.

Read below for more details

Crytek producer Mike Read gives you the skinny on two of the shooter's eight online modes, the brand new

Hunter and the returning Crash Site, which now allows players to mount heavily-armoured Ceph Pinger combat walkers.

The game's multiplayer component will support 12 players on consoles and 16 players on PC.

EA has confirmed a

Crysis 3 release date window of February 2013.

"In our latest Crysis 3 video, Producer Mike Read explains some of the new gameplay elements introduced to the Multiplayer of Crysis 3. The exciting details behind Hunter Mode, Crash Site and the NY Feed are revealed, while just hinting at the full Crysis 3 multiplayer experience."

"Tactically adapt to any combat scenario with the stealth and armour abilities of your unique Nanosuit as you battle through the seven wonders of New York's Liberty Dome."

"Unleash the firepower of your all-new, high-tech bow and alien weaponry to hunt down other players in a variety of Multiplayer game modes, including "Hunter Mode" and "Crash Site".

"Challenge and be challenged by your friends with the NY Feed, and choose your own path towards leaderboard dominance."

http://www.crysis.com/uk

Follow http://www.twitter.com/EA_ActionMan on Twitter - for competitions, latest news & more!

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 1

HELL YES!

Crysis 2 had some of the best multiplayer I've ever played, as it was an exceptional, albeit frustrating, challenge, seeing that the enemy can vanish at any moment or dart away at 40mph. I still laugh how the original Crysis when it came on the PC was so hilariously advanced that no computer at the time could play it at max settings. Thankfully, I downloaded Crysis to my 360 from games on demand and got the second for the 360. Lookin' forward to Crysis 3. It's nice when somebody introduces original gametypes. Not to mention that knowing Crytek, the game will be an ace in the hole, as always.

Crysis 2 was one of my favourite FPS games. The campaign was brilliantly executed (and ended with an amazing cliffhanger) and the multiplayer offered a fast-paced, heart pounding experience that rivaled Halo in epicness. I can't wait for the release of the sequel, this should be just spectacular. If they take anything they've learned from their previous game this is going to be one of the best games released that year!