iTz Vplus2

Microsoft-Points.jpg

Leftover points

If you ever purchased Microsoft Points, you probably know them

Those few little points that you can't do anything with

You've had them, you don't like them

And Microsoft know them as the biggest flaw in their MS Points system

That's why now Microsoft has started to move away from its own virtual currency

and towards using real money on its Xbox Live service.

Apparently, when you buy content from the Xbox video store using MS Points it defaults to a credit card transaction soon.

That way, you won't have to try to figure out how much real money you spend anymore

And, of course, you won't have to buy more than you actually need

The change is likely to come to the Xbox 360 when the dashboard is updated later this month

Source: IGN

• Like 4

I actually like this. It makes sense. You have to buy a DLC that costs 800 MS Points, you don't have to buy 1200.

Wow, i think this is the...second smart thing MS did in 10 years?

Not really, like 80% of all MS points sales come from the pre-paid cards, removing MS points results in a MASSIVE bank breaking profit loss.

Very, very dumb if you ask me.

But all that is left if they remove Microsoft points is the credit card.

Unless, of course, you could purchase a card with a certain amount of money on it, and then redeem that onto your account. However, that wouldn't solve the problem of having 'leftover' currency sitting around.

Unless, of course, you could purchase a card with a certain amount of money on it, and then redeem that onto your account. However, that wouldn't solve the problem of having 'leftover' currency sitting around.

Yea you mine as well keep MP. They should just have a Microsoft Point lottery. You put it in like 1 Microsoft point for the chance to win 100. Im pretty sure it would be rigged, but it would solve the problem because everyone would spend there leftover points.

This is kind of an issue for me. The thing is I don't really have a credit card anymore.. even if I did I'd much rather use a debit card.. However I don't have a debit card either <_< So hopefully they keep the microsoft points as an option.

As long as it works with paypal. Im good!