Curious as to everyone's thoughts on Didact

l Lochlan l

just want to talk about the Didact.

the Didact as we know doesnt particularly get along with humans and after his reawakening (is this just accepted as general knowledge now or..?) probably wont be happy with the situation around him. but in order to combat the UNSC/ other factions he will need something more then what is on requiem unless it is also some form of death star. so im guessing he will probably leave 3 quarters or more into the game from requiem, to do something forerunnery that wont be in the best interest of humans. how does he plan to combat and retain control of the galaxy? using what? surely he can just mass produce prometheans. on that why would he want to retake the galaxy, the only remaining forerunners arent even in the galaxy, he has no reason to fight really the librarians gone after all.

Also the didact obviously goes to war with the UNSC. he knows fully well that the humans are inheritors to the mantle (if we are to believe what the precursor/gravemind/evolved sea scorpion said). he believes in the mantle and as such should be preserving life with the humans. does he plan on taking the mantle somehow?

last point. do you think to didact will experience some form of inner struggle (akin to cortana) as he is still in a way bornstellar? do you think bornstellars previously positive interactions with humans may have an effect on whats to come?

sorry for any wrong information havent reread the books in ages, but just interested to see some other peoples opinions on these matters and how they may be intergrated into the campaign story-wise. please feel free to voice you're opinion.

• Like 1

I'm not too sure about how the Didact will go about in story, but he seems like a cool new enemy. Also, I had a question. Are we "humans" Inheritors, like you mentionned? Because I thought we were "Reclaimers" - or is that just the spartans...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Chakas who was infused into 343 Guilty Spark by the Composer called Master Chief a Reclaimer because he appears humanoid with 2 arms, 2 legs, and a head all on a torso.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Chakas who was infused into 343 Guilty Spark by the Composer called Master Chief a Reclaimer because he appears humanoid with 2 arms, 2 legs, and a head all on a torso.

He knows Chief is a human immediately. He knew as soon as the Autumn came within range of the ring.
  • Like 1

I personally think the Didact's enraged for the destruction of the Halo Array. He used it to (supposedly) kill his wife, the Librarian. Learning that she might be alive can be too much for him, and just goes berserk on Chief.

I personally think the Didact's enraged for the destruction of the Halo Array. He used it to (supposedly) kill his wife, the Librarian. Learning that she might be alive can be too much for him, and just goes berserk on Chief.

im just going to let that one slide and asume you didnt read the books
  • Like 2

I've read all the books, and the ones pertaining to the forerunners story and how their relationship with humans was like back hundreds of thousands of years ago is extremely intriguing. I won't go into any spoilers but theres a lot of information on Didact and maybe clues to his intentions.

just want to talk about the Didact.

the Didact as we know doesnt particularly get along with humans and after his reawakening (is this just accepted as general knowledge now or..?) probably wont be happy with the situation around him. but in order to combat the UNSC/ other factions he will need something more then what is on requiem unless it is also some form of death star. so im guessing he will probably leave 3 quarters or more into the game from requiem, to do something forerunnery that wont be in the best interest of humans. how does he plan to combat and retain control of the galaxy? using what? surely he can just mass produce prometheans. on that why would he want to retake the galaxy, the only remaining forerunners arent even in the galaxy, he has no reason to fight really the librarians gone after all.

Also the didact obviously goes to war with the UNSC. he knows fully well that the humans are inheritors to the mantle (if we are to believe what the precursor/gravemind/evolved sea scorpion said). he believes in the mantle and as such should be preserving life with the humans. does he plan on taking the mantle somehow?

last point. do you think to didact will experience some form of inner struggle (akin to cortana) as he is still in a way bornstellar? do you think bornstellars previously positive interactions with humans may have an effect on whats to come?

sorry for any wrong information havent reread the books in ages, but just interested to see some other peoples opinions on these matters and how they may be intergrated into the campaign story-wise. please feel free to voice you're opinion.

while Bornstellar could be in the game, I think the Ur-Didact will be the antagonist of the game

chakas wasn't infused into Spark, he was out into a completely different monitor, so he is still Chakas, not 343
  • Like 1

Well the mantle is the birthright of humanity, as we're the forerunners who retained the mantle and saw the humans as a worthy species to inherit it. Hence the name "inheritor", I assume. The covenant want to awaken Didact, the ancient evil that 343 hinted at. They revere Didact as a god obviously and want to receive power and possibly the mantle.

chakas wasn't infused into Spark, he was out into a completely different monitor, so he is still Chakas, not 343

"Although his physical body was eventually killed, his mind survived in the form of the Forerunner monitor, 343 Guilty Spark"

sourced from: http://www.halopedia.org/Chakas

i dont we should even be talking about the Didact until we know which one it is. Its either the ur-didact(original) or the bornstellar didact, and they could end up very different

I thought that the Ur-Didact was left to be devoured by the Flood? The only reason his name was changed to "Ur-Didact" is because his imprint on Bornstellar was in full force, ultimately becoming the Didact himself.

I thought that the Ur-Didact was left to be devoured by the Flood? The only reason his name was changed to "Ur-Didact" is because his imprint on Bornstellar was in full force, ultimately becoming the Didact himself.

the Ur in the name means original, so in other words it means original didact

Well the mantle is the birthright of humanity, as we're the forerunners who retained the mantle and saw the humans as a worthy species to inherit it. Hence the name "inheritor", I assume. The covenant want to awaken Didact, the ancient evil that 343 hinted at. They revere Didact as a god obviously and want to receive power and possibly the mantle.

the didact is what 343i sid will be master chiefs nemisis, but he is not the ancient evil.

i dont we should even be talking about the Didact until we know which one it is. Its either the ur-didact(original) or the bornstellar didact, and they could end up very different

Agreed. 343 have so much power with the Didact, simply because they can visualise him how they see fit. This is in no small part thanks to how the Forerunner civilisation was structured, where family members would undergo mutations, resulting in an interesting form.

As we know, the original Didact was of Promethean-Warrior class, and Bornstellar was Manipulator to begin with, and after his brevet mutation, ended up with a mixture of Manipulator, Promethean-Warrior, and Lifeworker.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

the didact is what 343i sid will be master chiefs nemisis, but he is not the ancient evil.

I have someone in mind about who could be the ancient evil. If it is them, then the voice over that said "I have long waited for this day, Reclaimer" will fit perfectly with them.

• Like 1

Agreed. 343 have so much power with the Didact, simply because they can visualise him how they see fit. This is in no small part thanks to how the Forerunner civilisation was structured, where family members would undergo mutations, resulting in an interesting form.

As we know, the original Didact was of Promethean-Warrior class, and Bornstellar was Manipulator to begin with, and after his brevet mutation, ended up with a mixture of Manipulator, Promethean-Warrior, and Lifeworker.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

I have someone in mind about who could be the ancient evil. If it is them, then the voice over that said "I have long waited for this day, Reclaimer" will fit perfectly with them.

hmm, i hve some theories too....one of them lead to an acient evil being human

If the prometheans AND the Didact aren't the ancient evil and all the enemies have been revealed what else could there be? o.O

"Although his physical body was eventually killed, his mind survived in the form of the Forerunner monitor, 343 Guilty Spark"

sourced from: http://www.halopedia.org/Chakas

dont believe everything you see on halopedia, and I'p said that because in the novel you NEVER hear Cahaks refer to himself as 343 GS, he always calls himself Chakas, the ONI science team made the conjecture that the monitor was 343, so you're basically stating an unidentified forerunner ancilla is 343 GS because humans said so, which isn't much proof