Resistance [1]: Prison

Name of Map: Resistance [1]: Prison

Canvas Map: Forge World

Link to MAP: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Gangus%20Khan%20III/fileshare#!/?section=MapVariants&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30899040

Link to Gametype: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Gangus%20Khan%20III/fileshare#!/?section=GameType&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30897629

Recommended Player Count: 16

Gamertag: Gangus Khan III

This is my first attempt at a Linear Infection Map, and while I know that prisons are a little overdone, I think it turned out nicely. You progress through the gates of the prison, the cell block, the cafeteria and finally enter a large garage-like structure at the back of the building. The map is a little weapon heavy but this is just to counter the short sight-lines which dominate most of the map. At this point I am mostly looking for any feedback that people have that could improve this map and my future forging.

post-31983-0-21697500-1349153192_thumb.jpeg

post-31983-0-34889500-1349153206_thumb.jpeg

post-31983-0-06316700-1349153216_thumb.jpeg

The map looks really cool dude. I saw that you asked for some feedback so, from what I could see, I would suggest to add a little cover between the others. I'm sorry that I can't suggest anything in particular, but I could see this as being a potential problem in the gametype. Does it just work with regular infection (since then it wouldn't be as bad because the evade would allow for faster travel) - but if it is based around a type of Alpha zombies, the fact that they sprint would make them very vulnerable in the open environment that the pictures show. Other than that, its the only suggestion I can make - and I apologise if what I'm saying isn't the case (I can only judge from what I see in the pictures) - anyways, great job with the map, it looks really cool!

• Like 1

The map looks really cool dude. I saw that you asked for some feedback so, from what I could see, I would suggest to add a little cover between the others. I'm sorry that I can't suggest anything in particular, but I could see this as being a potential problem in the gametype. Does it just work with regular infection (since then it wouldn't be as bad because the evade would allow for faster travel) - but if it is based around a type of Alpha zombies, the fact that they sprint would make them very vulnerable in the open environment that the pictures show. Other than that, its the only suggestion I can make - and I apologise if what I'm saying isn't the case (I can only judge from what I see in the pictures) - anyways, great job with the map, it looks really cool!

Hey man, thanks, any feedback is appreciated. While I know that the cover would normally be an issue in allowing the infected to move around the map without being shot, and I agree that (especially in the final area) I may need to add some central cover, this is mostly balanced out by the sheer number of zombie portals, with three entering the last room alone. I do really appreciate the feedback and will have to get around to testing the cover issue. Thanks.

Hey man, thanks, any feedback is appreciated. While I know that the cover would normally be an issue in allowing the infected to move around the map without being shot, and I agree that (especially in the final area) I may need to add some central cover, this is mostly balanced out by the sheer number of zombie portals, with three entering the last room alone. I do really appreciate the feedback and will have to get around to testing the cover issue. Thanks.

Cool, I wasn't aware about the portals. If you think it works well that way, I totally believe you. Congratz on making a really cool map!

• Like 1