Halo 4 mantis/mech good thing or bad thing?

buffy the spartan buffalo

22 members have voted

1. 1. do you think the mantis is a good or bad addition?

• good
    • bad
    • its good but it's over powered
    • its bad but its overpowered
    • i dont know

Well so far the thing they've said makes it not OP is the fact that it turns very slowly. For instance if you are on foot you can strafe around the mantis faster than it can turn so you will never be shot at. They also said that just like any other new vehicles in previous Halo games it took about 2-3 matches before you understood how to defeat it and then it didn't seem so scary. So likewise for the Mantis. :D

Before saying its op how about we play in it first. The reason it was destroying everything and everyone with ease in the trailer is because it was supposed to showcase its badassness. I thought people got that... I'm sure 343 won't throw an uber op mech vehicle into the mix at the last minute come on guys haha

Before saying its op how about we play in it first. The reason it was destroying everything and everyone with ease in the trailer is because it was supposed to showcase its badassness. I thought people got that... I'm sure 343 won't throw an uber op mech vehicle into the mix at the last minute come on guys haha

Yeah, the vehicles were probably damaged already. I'm sure they did this on purpose to add more explosions and to make it look more badass. It's a shame people don't consider this a possibility, they just shout "OP!"

yeah i cant wait to play this now reach just seems so unbalanced. but anyway they just announced another map called abandend or however you spell it on IGN . cant wait to try out the matis. :laughing:

To me the Mantis looks beastly and since i don't know how much damage in can take, i don't know if it's OP or not.

But it seems to be fast and very deadly.

Hopefully not too deadly though xD I was thinking that most of the ownage in the video (On the Scorpion especially) was hyping the Mantis, but it still looks awesome and I'm looking forward to operating it! ^_^ Mantis-bag FTW

I wonder if when you EMP it, will it act like a Wraith and shut down temporarily, or will it act like the Scorpion and still be able to oscillate it's cannon?

That'll be a huge deciding factor if it's OP or not.

go look at the mantis gameplay analis that eli from MLG did on his youtube channel it looks like a beast!