Halo 4 or Black Ops II?

Halo 4 or Black Ops II?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Halo 4 or Black Ops II?

The sad thing is Halo 4 will be the better game hands down. I know black Ops II will probably out sell Halo 4. Right now it has more preorders on the Xbox 360 alone. Oh well, this is the world we live in. Release the same game 6 years in a row and outsell a game that changes with every installment. Not to mention it's going to outsell a game with a much better story.

It's easy for Black Ops II to outsell Halo 4 because it releases for three or four different consoles and Halo 4 only releases for one. If the tables were turned, Halo 4 would outsell BOII.

Lol seriously what did you expect on a halo website. I'm not saying I don't like CoD. But this website is bias toward Halo. Just like if you went on CoD community forum, which I don't think they have ;) , they would all say BLOPS II. But I would have to go with Halo 4

Let me just go on record as stating, that Halo fans have just about the same amount of lame ass excuses as to why Halo is better than everything else also. Not one day goes by you don't here various large amounts of people spouting off reason like, "It's just better", or "In Halo it takes skill". These 2 examples are perspective and not a factual account of what would typically make one game better than another.

That beign said, CoD is a great franchise and was not meant in any way to play or ressemble Halo in any aspect, which is why it is nothing like it, and why Halo fans will always bash it. MW3 was the best MW of the bunch. Granted the campaign of MW2 was my personal fav, but MW3 brought the survival and mission sections that amused me for hours on end. Yes I did get Firefight with Halo, but as far as substance goes in terms of weapons and tactics, Survival has Firefight beat by a mile. Black Ops II looks to change how players see CoD by introducing elements we are not used to. The same type of changed happened when we shifted from the WWII genre of CoD to the more modern MW and Vietnam BO.

In short, neither game is truly better than the other. Only through personal choice, perspective and comfort of style can tell ONLY YOU what game is better for YOU. Don't listen to thousands of BS posts that try to tell someone different from you how YOU should feel about a game or which one is better.

Every idiot uses stupid arguments. Most intelligent people that criticize COD use the same (yet completely true) excuse. It never changes. Im not some moron blind to everything, i played every COD since the first. After WAW it stopped changing.. the illlusion of change comes from the 2 different companies that have slightly different engines, in which every time the respective companies makes a new game (once every 2 years, since they alternate the companies), the yearly release make people think the game actually change. Of course it changed, but almost every single change is cosmetic. Different guns, remodeled the same guns from last games with alternated soundbites (44 magnum with exact sound of desert eagle). The only thing that truely changes are the perks and movement speed (ever so slightly). Everything else is simply the companies' engines that dont change. For example, treyarchs games are slightly faster paced since the movement speed is higher then infinity wards', meanwhile perks and killstreaks are more valuable in infinity ward (my opinion).

Basically, we dont hate COD's gameplay, but that it never changes. Im not saying change it completely, but keep it similar with new tweaks that alter gameplay (Ex. armor abilities in reach) and see what the community thinks. I would think for yearly releases such as the COD series they could make about 2-3 games that are similar in gameplay but changed to see distinguishable gameplay differences and then A majorly revamped sequel. A new game like this would offer an oppurtunity to start a new singleplayer, along with heavily changing the gameplay based on feedback from the community.

• Like 1

Every idiot uses stupid arguments. Most intelligent people that criticize COD use the same (yet completely true) excuse. It never changes. Im not some moron blind to everything, i played every COD since the first. After WAW it stopped changing.. the illlusion of change comes from the 2 different companies that have slightly different engines, in which every time the respective companies makes a new game (once every 2 years, since they alternate the companies), the yearly release make people think the game actually change. Of course it changed, but almost every single change is cosmetic. Different guns, remodeled the same guns from last games with alternated soundbites (44 magnum with exact sound of desert eagle). The only thing that truely changes are the perks and movement speed (ever so slightly). Everything else is simply the companies' engines that dont change. For example, treyarchs games are slightly faster paced since the movement speed is higher then infinity wards', meanwhile perks and killstreaks are more valuable in infinity ward (my opinion).

Basically, we dont hate COD's gameplay, but that it never changes. Im not saying change it completely, but keep it similar with new tweaks that alter gameplay (Ex. armor abilities in reach) and see what the community thinks. I would think for yearly releases such as the COD series they could make about 2-3 games that are similar in gameplay but changed to see distinguishable gameplay differences and then A majorly revamped sequel. A new game like this would offer an oppurtunity to start a new singleplayer, along with heavily changing the gameplay based on feedback from the community.

I've always loved Treyarch as they actually add stuff to the game (because in reality, the games have reached their peak for what can be changed with the engine. They need a new engine really.), especially with the almost RTS part of the campaign and the multiple endings. Then of course there's zombies and such, which are always fun. I also prefer BO's method of ranking up and customizing classes, as it saves me the headache of grinding just to get some s*** gun I'll never use. It's not truthfully innovative though, more addictive. And a good ego boost, since it's hilariously easy to be the VIP of a match.

Would be nice if they could get a new engine though. The 'hollow' avatars get annoying after a while.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea why people still buy CoD games

It's literally been the same exact game with slightly altered stories for years now.

When you think about it, the online play hasn't changed at all and the story lines are terribad. I stopped buying CoD games a long time ago

BO2 will add some nice newe features to the CoD franchise, but from all of the gameplay footage I have seen and playing it at SDCC...it is essentially Black Ops fused with MW3...not a whole lot different.

Halo 4 has made significant changes to is overall mechanics and gameplay...Halo 4 felt more fluid and fun when I played them. I am a Halo 4 anyways so this is already a bit biased, but Halo 4 will own BO2

• 2 weeks later...