Halo 4 or Black Ops II?

Halo 4 or Black Ops II?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Halo 4 or Black Ops II?

Posting this topic on this forum really is a waste of time xD However, I don't know any Halo fan that doesn't know how to rationalize why a game is better or not. CoD fans only have stupid arguments like: It's more realistic (when it really is not realistic whatsoever), or "you can aim down sights, hope Halo doesn't 'steal' that from CoD too!" (When aiming down sights was something that was in Medal of Honor before CoD even came out.) When really, how do you not 'steal' an idea these days? I personally don't see it as stealing unless it's a direct ripoff of something in another game without even an attempt to change it. Halo fans say that there are less ways to cheaply get kills based on weapon statistics, while CoD fans argue that these things add more diversity to the game, however that isn't good in every way.

Most of the time when you kill in Halo, that kill takes some degree of skill. Unless it's against someone who doesn't know how to play the game, that doesn't count. Anyway, Halo fans can accept if a Halo game has gone wrong in some ways. Skepticism is good, being that there is some doubt but not blind faith or dismissal. Granted some Halo fans can be a little too critical of change, but once they play the game they judge it accordingly and correctly unlike CoD fans that blindly argue that CoD is soooo much better than Halo. That is why I will always prefer the Halo community and games over CoD's.

Long post short, Halo 4.

• Like 1

Let me just go on record as stating, that Halo fans have just about the same amount of lame ass excuses as to why Halo is better than everything else also. Not one day goes by you don't here various large amounts of people spouting off reason like, "It's just better", or "In Halo it takes skill". These 2 examples are perspective and not a factual account of what would typically make one game better than another.

That beign said, CoD is a great franchise and was not meant in any way to play or ressemble Halo in any aspect, which is why it is nothing like it, and why Halo fans will always bash it. MW3 was the best MW of the bunch. Granted the campaign of MW2 was my personal fav, but MW3 brought the survival and mission sections that amused me for hours on end. Yes I did get Firefight with Halo, but as far as substance goes in terms of weapons and tactics, Survival has Firefight beat by a mile. Black Ops II looks to change how players see CoD by introducing elements we are not used to. The same type of changed happened when we shifted from the WWII genre of CoD to the more modern MW and Vietnam BO.

In short, neither game is truly better than the other. Only through personal choice, perspective and comfort of style can tell ONLY YOU what game is better for YOU. Don't listen to thousands of BS posts that try to tell someone different from you how YOU should feel about a game or which one is better.

• Like 2

Let me just go on record as stating, that Halo fans have just about the same amount of lame ass excuses as to why Halo is better than everything else also.

Agreed.

It's sad that people can't be as objective as possible when posting which game is better for X amount of reasons.

Halo 4 will win the question for me. But I don't understand why Halo fans are hating on COD and COD fans are hating on Halo. I don't see the point in saying something like that. In my opinion, I think Halo is better because of the story and COD is just more on the realistic side of things, (it's still a good game) that is just my opinion. But if you think differently, then I respect that, and I can see why COD has as many fans as it does. I mean no offense in anything I said.

• Like 1

Halo 4 will win the question for me. But I don't understand why Halo fans are hating on COD and COD fans are hating on Halo. I don't see the point in saying something like that. In my opinion, I think Halo is better because of the story and COD is just more on the realistic side of things, (it's still a good game) that is just my opinion. But if you think differently, then I respect that, and I can see why COD has as many fans as it does. I mean no offense in anything I said.

I don't know why either. But I agree CoD is more realistic, but not by much. I mean the setting is and all, but do you see someone taking 15 shots to the chest and still being able to run at full speed? Or do you see someone swiping a knife sideways through someone's body and killing them in one go? One of the things I always liked about Halo is that Halo could never brag about being realistic because it never tried to be. I know that's not really the issue but still.

• Like 2

I don't know why either. But I agree CoD is more realistic, but not by much. I mean the setting is and all, but do you see someone taking 15 shots to the chest and still being able to run at full speed? Or do you see someone swiping a knife sideways through someone's body and killing them in one go? One of the things I always liked about Halo is that Halo could never brag about being realistic because it never tried to be. I know that's not really the issue but still.

ARMA is the only realistic game. Even battlefield's a bit goofy. Not to mention they ought to copy Battlefield's melee system, because in reality, knifes do jack s*** to kevlar, or even just normal clothing. You have to stab them, and in the neck. Otherwise, meh. They have a flesh wound. Oh noes! To kill a person with a knife, you have to hit an artery or a critical organ. And yeah, unless you're on uber-drugs like meth (which turns you into a supercommando from the shootouts I've read about), one bullet to a critical area and you're toast. Especially if it's a substantial caliber. You don't walk away from a .45 Magnum. You crawl.

And as for halo, meh, it's Hard Sci-Fi, meaning that the tech used by the UNSC is feasible, not impossible like most of the stuff in Star Wars. Of course, the question comes up, why the f**** are you wasting money on augmenting humans when you have the tech to make terminators?

• Like 1

ARMA is the only realistic game. Even battlefield's a bit goofy. Not to mention they ought to copy Battlefield's melee system, because in reality, knifes do jack s*** to kevlar, or even just normal clothing. You have to stab them, and in the neck. Otherwise, meh. They have a flesh wound. Oh noes! To kill a person with a knife, you have to hit an artery or a critical organ. And yeah, unless you're on uber-drugs like meth (which turns you into a supercommando from the shootouts I've read about), one bullet to a critical area and you're toast. Especially if it's a substantial caliber. You don't walk away from a .45 Magnum. You crawl.

And as for halo, meh, it's Hard Sci-Fi, meaning that the tech used by the UNSC is feasible, not impossible like most of the stuff in Star Wars. Of course, the question comes up, why the f*** are you wasting money on augmenting humans when you have the tech to make terminators?

Exactly xD ARMA is really realistic too. As for the terminator point, I guess maybe they figured humans would respond better to their experiments.

This is a huge debate in my school. I am the biggest Halo fan in my school and most of friends play CoD. They think BOII will be better than Halo 4, but I disagree.

look at the poll, it has the best solution lol. also, cod is falling apart anyways.

I can answer this! Because of what happened when the terminators were made in the terminator movies. >.>

You don't have to make them sentient. Or you could even pump funds into AI research, then convert humans in Necron-like cyborgs, which would ensure that you could never perish so long as some part of your body remained intact. The only problem that might arise is the Precursors coming over and wiping you out for disregarding the mantle.

The sad thing is Halo 4 will be the better game hands down. I know black Ops II will probably out sell Halo 4. Right now it has more preorders on the Xbox 360 alone. Oh well, this is the world we live in. Release the same game 6 years in a row and outsell a game that changes with every installment. Not to mention it's going to outsell a game with a much better story.