Promethean Knights are as to Forerunners as Elites are Covenant

kenaus12

Hey guys,

I am a little confused about 343's approach to the new enemies. We have been shown 3 new enemies (Promethean Knights, Promethean Crawlers and Promethean watchers). Are Promethean Knights as to Forerunners as Elites are Covenant? The Knights, crawlers and watchers are all obviously a warrior class of the Forerunners. However we have always been led to believe that the Forerunners are a highly advanced and powerful race (something which is evident in the trailers thus far). They are also supposed to highly intelligent, do you think we will encounter ACTUAL forerunners, as in the the higher ranking and more powerful individuals like the Holy Ones, The Ancients of the Creators? Just as we encountered the Prophets from Halo 2, though significantly more bad ass.

I don't know about you but I will be very disappointed if the entire game is spent exploring a new world, battling the foot soldiers of the Forerunner race. I hope it is as epic as they say.

Anyway please let me know what you think!

:)

Here's how I see it:

Knights - Elites - Spartans

Crawlers - Grunts - Marines

Watchers - Jackals

Battlewagons - Hunters

So far those are the only prometheans that have been revealed.

On a side note, meeting/combating the forerunners is not possible, as they basically went all Kamakazie to kill off the flood. However, there is rumoured to be one surviving forerunner who runs the library on one of the rings.

• Like 1

Basically as Darkness said, they are a group of Warrior-Servants in the Forerunner empire.

As for your worries of Halo 4 not being as epic as 343i have stated, while I have no clue what the plot will feature in the game, I'm pretty certain that as the first game of a trilogy, Halo 4 will be the initiation stage; introducing the Forerunners and the inevitable threat that they will--presumably--poses.

It depends entirely on what you define as something being "epic". If you mean gigantic battles and similar, then you might get disappointed. Not saying that such aspects are an impossibility, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Perhaps we can play as a Promethean instead of Elite, only time will tell.

If they did that then I think a vast majority of the community would be greatly upset. Why would they replace a long loved specie with a new one which the Sangheili-fan base don't even like or want to evolve to. This has already destroyed great communities like the Crusading Spirit and the Sovereign Guard. How dare they destroy something so precious and great.

I am sure that my friend CorruptCovenant, who is a famous Sangheili screenshot, recently told us that one of his warriors went to the games event that was near him, and he saw the option to play as Sangheili in Custom Games and Elite Slayer and such. I believe, and strongly hope, that Sangheili are playable in Halo 4's Custom Games and Forge, alongside future playlists that will hopefully ship with the game and in future DLCs.

Here's how I see it:

Watchers - Jackals

Battlewagons - Hunters

On a side note, meeting/combating the forerunners is not possible, as they basically went all Kamakazie to kill off the flood. However, there is rumoured to be one surviving forerunner who runs the library on one of the rings.

What about the drones? You can't leave out the drones.....

Here's how I see it:

Watchers - Jackals

Battlewagons - Hunters

Seems like you have a pretty good idea of what the equivalents are for A.I units. Cool comparison, I like how you did it for Humans, Covenant and Prometheans. Good job.