Elite 'Spartan Trophy' Armor Perms?

GrayForce

This is an idea I've talked to a bunch of my friends about and have received some pretty good responses, but I'd like to see what the greater Halo community thinks of this idea.

As we all know (or those of us that have Reach), the Elites don't really have a great choice of armors and they can't change shoulder pieces, helmets, etc. to have really unique appearances. This is something I hope will change in Halo 4 if Elites are an option for players to choose as an Online appearance (which they should. This late into the franchise, removing Elites as a playable Matchmaking character would be a dumb move for those that like being Elites).

So then, as I was preparing to enter Co-Op Matchmaking on Reach, I was looking at the picture available for that playlist... and it looked like Cat's helmet was on Carter's shoulder... which immediately gave me this idea: Give Elite players the option to have deceased Spartans' helmets as their shoulder pads.

Now I'm not what you might call a genius when it comes to Halo lore... but I know the common quote, "Spartans never die... they just go missing in action", and I'm sure every Marine in the UNSD knows this quote too. So imagine being a Marine on the battlefield, then you see an Elite appear with a sword... then he comes rushing at you, but as he gets closer, you see a Mark V helmet on his left shoulder with what looks like a blade cut through the visor, and an Air Assault helmet on his right shoulder with needles from a Needler jammed through the top of the helmet. He'd be wearing Spartan helmets on his shoulders as trophies. I don't know about you guys, but if I saw that Elite rushing towards me on the battlefield, I'd wet myself. (My brother's response was, "I wouldn't **** with that guy").

I don't know what role the Elites will have in Halo 4... but I know that Halo 4 is after the Elites made peace with the Humans. In any case, in Matchmaking, I think people are more interested in what looks cool on their choice of character (spartan or elite), not what's realistic in lore. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people would agree that wearing Spartan helmets as a sign of victory over Spartans would be really awesome.

Someone told me that this reminds them of Predators from that movie "Predators" and how they would use skulls as their trophies. It's not that different with what I'm suggesting here... just that it's Elites killing Spartans, not Predators killing Arnold Schwarzeneggers.

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticism?

Helmets on their shoulders? Why?

Trophies.

Also, not full sized helmets. Obviously they would have to break the back of the helmets (cut them in half or whatever) to make them a suitable size for shoulder pads. Wearing full helmets on their shoulders would be like wearing the Security shoulders that Spartans have in Reach.

Not spartan helmets, but marine bones and armor parts. We must not make them look to bad-ass because the look has to fit the player style.

Imagine that elite running towards you in the battlefield and all suddenly you hear the 9 year old British kid in the microphone screaming at you. I would be like: Y-u no have armor that fits you.

And I would also like a ranking system that gives you different armor depending on how you play. I will tell you what I mean in a new topic I will post soon.

So basically you want him to look battle worn?

That is a pretty good idea, ive always wondered "elites have been in so many battles but haven't had any scratches" this would show more realism in the halo respect and would make the game look much more cooler and more respectful.

Hopefully this is implemented.

@Infinite Lulz, i don't see how that would work, do you mean depending on how high you are ranked means how good your armour is, that would also be a good idea because it would inspire more people to try harder in the game, instead of reach right now where they know they win something regardless of winning or losing.

The big problem with the credit system right now is exactly what you said, Biggles. People know they'll get something whether they win or lose.

I haven't seen people idle so much in Halo since PC (when people forget the game is running or something). People are literally able to stand around in a game and get credits for it. It's cheap as hell.

Hmm...

As an old Warhammer/Warhammer 40k player, I remember seeing many miniatures and images of characters that wore helmets, skulls and bones as trophies and decorative armor pieces. So I personally would say:

Freaking AWESOME idea!

There's just one problem: It wouldn't make for good relations between them if the Sangheilli ran around with bits of UNSC guys hanging or stuck to their persons, or vice-versa for that matter. So as far as the canon is concerned, it isn't likely to happen. =(

Edit: Not likely to happen in H4's multiplayer, but maybe if they make another game set before the Human-Sangheilli alliance.

Edited by Father Bullet

So basically you want him to look battle worn?

That is a pretty good idea, ive always wondered "elites have been in so many battles but haven't had any scratches" this would show more realism in the halo respect and would make the game look much more cooler and more respectful.

Hopefully this is implemented.

@Infinite Lulz, i don't see how that would work, do you mean depending on how high you are ranked means how good your armour is, that would also be a good idea because it would inspire more people to try harder in the game, instead of reach right now where they know they win something regardless of winning or losing.

My PC sucks so it turned it self off while I was writing my new topic, so I did not mind making it again.

But what I meant was that you could have a ranking system that ranked you one rank UP/DOWN depending on you K/D and WIN/LOSS(in objective games kills did not count so you could not farm kills in team objective) count at the end of every week.

Over 2.0-ranked up

over 1.0- nothing

under 1.0- ranked down

So if you for example got 8 head-shots during one match three times you would get sniper pieces, and the players seeing you would know that you where a good sniper. In that way armor actually meant something.

But you could only wear the armor if you where over a certain rank, that would mean that you actually had to be a skilled player to where bad ass armor. Not like me, which has awesome armor and have a negative K/D.

You would not know how the armor looks neither that it was in the game, until you had seen another player with it or equipped it by your self. You neither knew how to get it so you did just have to guess, there would be campaign unlock-able armor also.

What do you think?

My PC sucks so it turned it self off while I was writing my new topic, so I did not mind making it again.

But what I meant was that you could have a ranking system that ranked you one rank UP/DOWN depending on you K/D and WIN/LOSS(in objective games kills did not count so you could not farm kills in team objective) count at the end of every week.

Over 2.0-ranked up

over 1.0- nothing

under 1.0- ranked down

So if you for example got 8 head-shots during one match three times you would get sniper pieces, and the players seeing you would know that you where a good sniper. In that way armor actually meant something.

But you could only wear the armor if you where over a certain rank, that would mean that you actually had to be a skilled player to where bad ass armor. Not like me, which has awesome armor and have a negative K/D.

You would not know how the armor looks neither that it was in the game, until you had seen another player with it or equipped it by your self. You neither knew how to get it so you did just have to guess, there would be campaign unlock-able armor also.

What do you think?

I think that sounds a little complex.

I like the idea of being rewarded certain armor add-ons based on the weapons you use, though. So people that are snipers will get sniper armor and people that use heavy weapons would get big, bulky armor. That way when you get into a game, you can actually see an ally that has the sniper armor and be like "Oh, okay he can have the sniper" instead of everyone rushing for the sniper and betrayals taking place.

i like the idea of the depending on what weapon you use you get rewarded for that, it seems a pretty neat idea but it won't happen for a while, since doing something like that would take a lot of coding and a lot of effort to put in, it may not happen in halo 4, but it may happen afterwards, in a TU, perhaps for halo 4.