Double XP and MEGA XP Coming to Halo 4

DarknessX03

Hey everyone! So earlier today Dewxp.com was revealed, but thanks to Neogaf member Demoncarnotaur we get to check out what's available for Double XP and MEGA XP from Mountain Dew and Doritos. The post is below.

"Gamefuel stuffs:

The Mtn Dew Game Fuel/Halo 4 "Unlock and Load" promotion (the "Promotion") begins October 14, 2012 at 12:00:01 p.m. ET and ends January 31, 2013 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). By participation in the Promotion, each individual unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay North America, Inc. ("Sponsors"), whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. The computer clock of the Sponsors' webmaster is the official time-keeping device in the promotion.

Each time an eligible individual ("Participant(s)") logs onto the Website using their e-mail address and enters a Code, the Participant will automatically receive the amount of Double XP (Experience Points) or MEGA XP matches (Double XP and MEGA XP Matches will be collectively referred to as "XP Matches") associated with their Code (as specified below) and will receive one (1) Prize Entry (as described below) good for one (1) entry into one (1) sweepstakes drawing of their choice.

*Power of 1 Bonus: Buy a participating Mtn Dew product and any bag of participating Doritos and enter the Codes together and you can receive a weekly bonus of Two (2) Double XP Matches. Limit one (1) Power of 1 Bonus per week per Participant.

For the purposes of these Official Rules, a ‘week' is defined as 12:00:01 p.m. ET, Monday through 11:59:59 a.m. ET the following Monday.

**Power of 3 Bonus: Buy a participating Halo® 4 Game from Wal-Mart, a participating Mtn Dew 24 pack and any specially-marked 11.5 oz or 10.5 oz bag of participating Doritos and enter the Codes together and you can receive a one-time bonus of a Twelve (12) Double XP Matches. Limit one (1) Power of 3 Bonus per the life of the promotion.

***Dollar General Bonus: Buy a participating Mtn Dew 20 oz. product and any bag of participating Doritos 2 oz. or 3 oz. single serve bags purchased together in the same Point of Sale/Point of Purchase store transaction at participating Dollar General stores and receive a printed receipt that contains a special additional bonus Code worth Two (2) Double XP Matches. Can only receive One (1) special additional bonus code per printed receipt transaction. There are no limits to the number of times a Participant can receive this special Dollar General bonus throughout the life of this promotion.

Each Code can only be used once, subsequent attempts to re-submit or re-use the same Code, will be void. A maximum of 750 Code entries per person/Account throughout the Promotion Period. Limit one Account per person. A maximum of 200 Matches worth of XP Matches per Gamer ID throughout the Promotion Period. Each person can only enter Codes into one Account under one registration. If a person enters Codes into multiple Accounts, then Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may void any such Codes and Accounts. Total number of Codes distributed by Sponsors throughout the Promotion Period is approximately 1.5 billion based upon an estimated number of game pieces produced at the time of printing of these Official Rules, given away or obtained through one of the methods mentioned above or through the "No Purchase Necessary" method of entry, actual number may vary. Codes, Prize Entries and XP Matches have no cash value. Codes must be entered on the Website before the end of the Promotion Period and any unused Codes after this time shall be void. At the end of the Promotion Period, any unused XP Matches shall be automatically transferred to the Gamer ID on the gaming platform last chosen by the Participant. The "Dashboard" section of the Website will record all transactions and Account history within your Account, including Codes entered, balances, XP Matches and Prize Entries redeemed. Sponsors assume no liability for discrepancies, omissions, inconsistencies or errors in the number of Codes entered or the number of Prize Entries or XP Matches acquired as a result thereof as reported on the Website. If any part of any game piece or Code is counterfeited, or if the game piece or Code comes from other games or promotions, or if any part is illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors, the game piece or Code, as applicable, will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsors with respect to Code entry, Account balances, Prize Entries or XP transactions are final and binding, including without limitation, determinations regarding the validity of game pieces.

20oz= 3 matches

12pack= 6 matches

Wal-Mart 24pack (MEGA XP)=12 matches

32 oz./44 oz. Fountain Cups= N/A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N_UHkcQm0ok

GkhAI.png

That's it everyone! Thanks to The Halo Council for this bit of news!

Go ahead and share your thoughts in the comment section below ^_^

This post has been promoted to an article

I honestly don't like that they are doing this. I can see WHY they are, I just don't like it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time Halo has done "Double EXP if you buy Mountain Dew", isn't it? They've done promotional stuff with Mountain Dew (i.e. Game Fuel), but so far haven't stooped as low to make it "Buy more Mtn. Dew, get a higher rank". :/

• Like 1

I honestly don't like that they are doing this. I can see WHY they are, I just don't like it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time Halo has done "Double EXP if you buy Mountain Dew", isn't it? They've done promotional stuff with Mountain Dew (i.e. Game Fuel), but so far haven't stooped as low to make it "Buy more Mtn. Dew, get a higher rank". :/

So you feel the same? Yes, I agree. Halo live for me was always about earning the rank I had and being proud of it. That said I won't be doing this Double or MEGA XP thing, but at least I'll know that not everyone with a high rank in the first few days of Halo 4 will actually be skilled.

• 1 month later...

hey i made this account just to say hey i been buying my dew from the dollar general down here well a few dollar generals cause they are the only ones that carry game fuel around here and well i read about that doritos and moutain dew if you buy one of each at a certain size then you get two free bonus matches but the maneger their couldnt find the code for it on my recipt and nither can i and she called like three different mangers saying how do you do it and no one knows down here its messed up someone please reply to this or send me a message or email would be best at [email protected] that would be the fastest way to get ahold of me