[PB] Snakehead Castle

Choot 'em

Gamertag: Choot at OGGC

Map: [PB]_Snakehead_Castle

I would like to start off by saying this is my very first invasion gametype map I've created and only my fourth completed map. It is also the first map I created that used the entire budget in Forge. It was originally meant to be submitted in the THFE Forge Contest but because of my schedule and other time constraints, I didn't get it completed in time. I actually learned alot about the Invasion gametype while creating Snakehead Castle and want to personally thank THFE for initially offering the contest to 343iCF's community. smile.png

Complete overview of map from start to finish. Elites begin attack from right side of map. Map located on "The Island" area of Forge World.

battlegrounds_zpsb2bc3855.png?t=1348774865

Description:

This map is meant to be played with a custom variant of the Purple Bunker gametype >>> [PB]_Purple_Bunker_DV with 8 - 16 players in mind. I really wanted to use the vehicle explosive effect in Phase 3 so I enabled "destructable vehicles". Will probably play well with less than 8 players, but haven't fully tested with low player count. Attacking team consists of Elite's with Energy Sword, invulnerability, and reduced movement speed. The defending team consists of Spartans with Concussion Rifles and Needlers only, invulnerability, and reduced movement speed. Three respawn zones are selectable at each phase. All labels and spawns are working correctly.

Phase 1: Charge the Towers

Time to complete: 2:00 minutes

Zone capture time: 5 seconds

Phase1attacka_zps0b13aae7.png?t=1348774867

Elites begin at their campground and attempt to capture the zone between the initial Guard Towers being protected by the Spartans from above to progress to the next phase.

Elitecampb_zps20ba71cc.png?t=1348774866

Charging area has scattered cover with explosive plasma batteries that attempt to slow your progression. Capturing the zone initiates the first teleporter near the rear of the capture zone.

Phase1b_zpseaa7933f.png?t=1348774916

Spartans attempt to alleviate any threats from atop the Guard Towers. **Warning** - To show my love of teabaggers, I am offering a free dose of "CDS"! (crouching death syndrome) :rofl: Also, any attempt to wander off of the platforms will result in DEATH!! Tested extensively! :crazy:

Phase1defense_zps1cd2316e.png?t=1348774915

Phase 2: Breech the Passageway

In the second phase, the Elites attempt to capture the zone located just below the second defense platform to unlock the door that leads to Snakehead Castle.

Phase2attacka_zps0e87951e.png?t=1348774916

Like in phase one, the path to the capture zone has scattered cover with explosive plasma batteries that attempt to slow your progression. The passageway is blocked by a locked door.

Phase2attackb_zps2303726e.png?t=1348774916

Capturing the zone unlocks the door leading to the final phase. The second teleporter leading to phase three can be found beyond the doorway entry.

Phase3entrance_zps31268591.png?t=1348775011

Defending Spartans are now located atop the second defense platform above the capture zone. **Warning** Any attempt by the Spartans to wander from the platform will result in death, as well as any attempt by the Elites to climb the rock surface to reach the platform. Spartans should not pass RED COLORED posts. smile.png

Phase2defenseplatform_zps84d8090b.png?t=1348774970

Phase 3: Seize Snakehead Castle

The third phase is the one I had the most fun creating and the main reason I decided to enable destructible vehicles in the [PB] Purple Bunker gametype. Once entering phase three, Elites attempt to seize the castle with the added difficulty of avoiding random exploding vehicles. smile.png

Phase3a_zpsdd37dab5.png?t=1348774969

Phase3b_zps42e99194.png?t=1348774976

Final objective lies at the base of Snakehead Castle.

Phase3finalobjective_zps06ab2d63.png?t=1348775027

Spartans now attempt to defend from inside the castle walls on the second level of Snakehead Castle. **Warning** Attempting to drop down from defense postition will result in death. smile.png

Phase3defensepos1_zpsfb2f571a.png?t=1348774955

The path leading to the final objective has more explosives for the Elites to contend with.

Phase3defensepos2_zps009e3d8c.png?t=1348774999

Snakehead Castle.

Snakeheadcastlec_zps11e0f0cd.png?t=1348775039

Snakeheadcastleb_zps43fb2011.png?t=1348775037

I hope you enjoy playing the map as much as I enjoyed creating it. Any feedback and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated! I would also like to thank Absolute Dog for the patience and time it took to get me involved in Forge World.

- Choot :thumbsup:

post-9451-0-38382100-1348822821.png

• Like 5

Wow Choot' Em, I really like your map. The fact that each phase takes place on the same base map (the island) is very cool. If I had to choose, I would say that my favourite phase is the last one. Snakehead Castle looks epic. The way you used the Walkway large pieces (I belive) makes for an awesome surface structure for both the inside and the outside of the castle. I also love how you used the Sniper Nest to make your snake head. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I really liked the two lasers found atop the Spartan defence position in the second phase. Although I feel bad that you didn't get the chance to submit the map to [PB] contest, atleast it allowed you to make the gametype more original [with the destructable vehicles], something the rest of us weren't allowed to do for reason of contest rules. Keep up the great work! Anyways, I'm glad to see another player posting his [PB] map here on the forum, they're so cool to look at and analyse. If you're interested, here's a link to the map that I submitted to the THFE PB Contest: [PB] Assassin's Creed

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive feedback Robius! I was only able to work on the map a few hours a week, but that actually allowed more thought to be applied to the finished map and the direction I wanted to go with it. I'm actually glad I didn't submit the map for the contest because testing revealed some flaws in playability and flow. This was my first attempt at Forge Invasion so I was creating blind, lol!

I did get a chance to view the screens of your AC PB map and loved the detail put into it! I have it set to download next time I sign in to Reach and look forward to playing on it.

Thanks Robius!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...