Halo 4 has recieved the "Call of Duty Treatment"

Man of The People

Halo 4 is expected to be released November 6th and has been provided the "Call of Duty Treatment" by 343i. This video published by YouTube user "VeryTraumatic" briefly explains the "Call of Duty Treatment", how Halo 4 has been given the "Call of Duty Treatment", and how this will effect the 1st Person Shooter genre. The "Call of Duty Treatment" is real and this is happening to Halo 4, the contents of this video have been known to cause people to experience feelings of anger and despair after watching so Viewer Discretion is Advised.

Here's a link to the video: < http://www.youtube.c...yer_detailpage"

Few other "Call of Duty Treatment" characteristics not mentioned in this video are: Custom Loadouts ( destroys game balance), Ordinance Drop ( Care Packages), Sprint Button, No Firefight, No Elites in Multiplayer, No Invasion, etc

Halo 4 is expected to be released November 6th and has been provided the "Call of Duty Treatment" by 343i. This video published by YouTube user "VeryTraumatic" briefly explains the "Call of Duty Treatment", how Halo 4 has been given the "Call of Duty Treatment", and how this will effect the 1st Person Shooter genre. The "Call of Duty Treatment" is real and this is happening to Halo 4, the contents of this video have been known to cause people to experience feelings of anger and despair after watching so Viewer Discretion is Advised.

Few other "Call of Duty Treatment" characteristics not mentioned in this video are: Custom Loadouts ( destroys game balance), Ordinance Drop ( Care Packages), Sprint Button, No Firefight, No Elites in Multiplayer, No Invasion, etc

Are you like a tradistionalist Halo diplomat speaking on behalf of offended people nowhere? This game has at least one aspect for a true Halo fan to adore. Destroys game balance? How can you make such sweeping claims? How is no firefight no elites in multiplayer or invasion the call of duty treatment? No matter how much tradistionalists will complain, they are still being catered to. Have you noticed how there is an option for no armor ability? There will still be classic playlists designed specificially to cater to people who prefer the old ways. Play those. Halo is going to change whether you like it or not. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you play the game. Don't be afraid.

Had to cut the video because of the amount of swearing it had in it, as well as some pretty graphic descriptions of what was wanted to happen to the person who thought of promethean vision.

Anyways, this video was a spoof dude. One of those "This is what MLG guys are going to think before they play it" videos. As for you points on the "Call of Duty Treatment":

1. Custom Loadouts: These don't work the same way they do in CoD. The weapons in the loadouts are balanced against each other, so no single weapon is better than another. The only reason to even change the loadout is because you are more familiar with a certain weapon type (i.e. you are better with a carbine than a DMR, or are better with a BR than a carbine, or are better with a DMR, etc.)

2. Ordinance Drop: Again, these don't quite work like they do in CoD. There are only three options to choose for your OD, rather than having it be a random thing, and they are more tactical because of this. These can help you not have to carry your team, rather than be a random "killstreak" that may or may not help you.

3. Sprint Button: Again, doesn't quite work like it does in CoD. The sprint in H4 is to get you from point A to point B faster. Getting shot slows you down, which means it will be harder to use to run away than in CoD.

4. No Firefight: Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 didn't have firefight either. And Spartan Ops is more like firefight than it is like CoD's "Spec Ops".

5. No Elites in multiplayer: This has been a long time coming for certain Halo fans. Especially those that favor SWAT over normal gametypes.

6. No Invasion: Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 didn't have invasion either, so this is a moot point.

Seriously, it's like people don't even keep up with the news these days. :/

• Like 2

Had to cut the video because of the amount of swearing it had in it, as well as some pretty graphic descriptions of what was wanted to happen to the person who thought of promethean vision.

Anyways, this video was a spoof dude. One of those "This is what MLG guys are going to think before they play it" videos. As for you points on the "Call of Duty Treatment":

1. Custom Loadouts: These don't work the same way they do in CoD. The weapons in the loadouts are balanced against each other, so no single weapon is better than another. The only reason to even change the loadout is because you are more familiar with a certain weapon type (i.e. you are better with a carbine than a DMR, or are better with a BR than a carbine, or are better with a DMR, etc.)

2. Ordinance Drop: Again, these don't quite work like they do in CoD. There are only three options to choose for your OD, rather than having it be a random thing, and they are more tactical because of this. These can help you not have to carry your team, rather than be a random "killstreak" that may or may not help you.

3. Sprint Button: Again, doesn't quite work like it does in CoD. The sprint in H4 is to get you from point A to point B faster. Getting shot slows you down, which means it will be harder to use to run away than in CoD.

4. No Firefight: Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 didn't have firefight either. And Spartan Ops is more like firefight than it is like CoD's "Spec Ops".

5. No Elites in multiplayer: This has been a long time coming for certain Halo fans. Especially those that favor SWAT over normal gametypes.

6. No Invasion: Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 didn't have invasion either, so this is a moot point.

Seriously, it's like people don't even keep up with the news these days. :/

why keep up with the news when you can just complain right?

why keep up with the news when you can just complain right?

Exactly. And the thing is, this is nothing new. If you go back to forums from Halo CE, people were complaining about gameplay features in Halo 2 that they didn't like (or even know about), and people were doing the same thing for Halo 3. I remember a topic called "Equipment, you gotta be kidding me" lol

Thing is, all those of us in the know can do is try to educate the lesser beings.

Exactly. And the thing is, this is nothing new. If you go back to forums from Halo CE, people were complaining about gameplay features in Halo 2 that they didn't like (or even know about), and people were doing the same thing for Halo 3. I remember a topic called "Equipment, you gotta be kidding me" lol

Thing is, all those of us in the know can do is try to educate the lesser beings.

I completely agree. I remember that too xD Everyone loves to complain and criticize before a game actually comes out, but is it really necessary? No, not really. Most of the people who are complaining are just going to buy the game anyway, and at which point, they'll enjoy it too. These things usually happen, but since 343 is making Halo 4 it just gives those people more of a reason to complain. A lot of people just need to be patient and not batter 343 with their complaints all at once. To those of you who feel this way about Halo 4, play the game, and then judge for yourself.

Really Video removed for to much swearing on a site that discusses a Mature rated 1st person shooter game series... I didn't say Halo receiving the "Call of Duty Treatment" is a bad thing,and who's complaining, I think it's nice for 343i to adopt a Herb Mentality and make halo more like Call of Duty like all other game developers are doing,...

This site is about an M rated game which involves swearing, you don't like swearing don't watch the video...

Really Video removed for to much swearing on a site that discusses a Mature rated 1st person shooter game series... I didn't say Halo receiving the "Call of Duty Treatment" is a bad, I think it's nice for 343i to adopt a Herb Mentality and make halo more like Call of Duty like all other game developers are doing, that's just my opinion...

If you don't like this video for swearing please remove all other topics where someone swears or puts a video with M rated content such as blood and gore, this site is about an M rated game which involves swearing, you don't like swearing don't play the video...

All the same, Halo is not the most gruesome of M rated shooters out there. Plus, there are kids here. I don't believe that just because those things are there that it makes Halo 4 more like CoD. I'm sure most others feel the same and disagree with the whole "more like CoD" thing that people have been saying.

Really Video removed for to much swearing on a site that discusses a Mature rated 1st person shooter game series... I didn't say Halo receiving the "Call of Duty Treatment" is a bad, I think it's nice for 343i to adopt a Herb Mentality and make halo more like Call of Duty like all other game developers are doing, that's just my opinion...

If you don't like this video for swearing please remove all other topics where someone swears or puts a video with M rated content such as blood and gore, this site is about an M rated game which involves swearing, you don't like swearing don't play the video...

You point out any other posts to me that have swearing in a PM and I'll be sure to edit them. Also, limited (note the limited part of that) blood and gore are not against the site rules. Swearing is.

I should also point out that if you have ever spoken to me offsite, you would know that I have one of the dirtiest mouths on the planet. However, if I can refrain from swearing and posting videos/pictures that contain swear words, then so can you.

• Like 1