Assassin's Creed 3 - The Final Stretch

Robius5991

Hey everybody, I'm Robius5991 and I am still kind-of new to the forums. I just thought that it'd be cool to start a small thread for people to discuss the upcoming release of Assassin's Creed 3. Although I am a big fan of the Halo franchise, my favourite Video Game Series will always be, without a question, Assassin's Creed. So, as I've said, I really wanted to know what people had in mind conerning the game. Here a few questions that I'd like any other like-minded fan to consider.

-What do you think of the new setting?

-What are your impression on the new hero, Connor Kenway?

-What aspects of the game are you most excited for?

-Have you been following the videos informing us of new things to expect in the game?

-Which achievements are you most excited for?

-Will you be playing mainly for campaign or multiplayer?

So pretty much, I'd just like to get a feel for what every other Assassin's Creed fan is thinking of for this game. I am, myself, extremely excited for the game and can't wait for the upcoming release (nearly just 1 month left). Oh, and another question could be, have you done any Halo projects related to the Assassin's Creed franchise?

As many of you know, THFE did their Purple Bunker contest, which at the time of this post has yet to finish, and so I decided to participe with Assassin's Creed as my theme. If anyone is interested in checking out my submission, here is the thread that gives you some great pictures and a lengthy description of my map: [PB] Assassin's Creed

Anyways, I look forward to hearing from my fellow Assassin's Creed fans! Remember, as the Assassins say: Nothing is true... Everything is permitted!

• Like 1

Oh, hey Robius. I'm also very excited for this upcoming game. I've got to say that the american revolution is a sick idea for a setting and I'm super excited to play some multiplayer. I really hope they add some new things to keep it fresh and original!

Hey Pete, I concure with your idea about the setting. I really think Ubisoft hit another jackpot with this idea of theirs. As for the multiplayer, I really haven't seen much of it, but if they can improve on the few flaws it had last time, I see no reason why it will not be amazing!

I really want the game, but I also am keeping it a mystery for the most part.

And anyone who gets the game for the multiplayer over the story should be punched in the face.

I agree that the story is definitely the highlight of the game for most players (or so I would assume) but I also do like the multiplayer. It offers a unique gameplay experience that I just don't see in other games. Thanks for posting your opinion!

I agree that the story is definitely the highlight of the game for most players (or so I would assume) but I also do like the multiplayer. It offers a unique gameplay experience that I just don't see in other games. Thanks for posting your opinion!

I'm not saying multiplayer is bad, just sayi g someone is wasting their time if they get it solely for multiplayer.

I'm not saying multiplayer is bad, just sayi g someone is wasting their time if they get it solely for multiplayer.

Yep I agree. Assassin's Creed is known for 2 main things: Story and Combat

The multiplayer is just a nice additional touch which adds a few more things to do.

Yep I agree. Assassin's Creed is known for 2 main things: Story and Combat

The multiplayer is just a nice additional touch which adds a few more things to do.

I do hope they make it a bit more appealing. In Brotherhood and Revelations I got bored of it really quickly. Maybe have a mode in a bigger map where there are guards and people actually there.

I do hope they make it a bit more appealing. In Brotherhood and Revelations I got bored of it really quickly. Maybe have a mode in a bigger map where there are guards and people actually there.

Hmmm. that's interesting. Having the A.I do more could totally change things up, which would be interesting within certain gametypes, but not all. As for the map size, I actually think they're pretty good, but if they intend on adding more players withing eah individual map, then yeah I would think it better to enlarge the map. I'd also be happy if they re-vamped or re-made certain perks and abilities within th multiplayer!

Well I'm looking forward for this game very much! Though what I'm most of all interested about is the continuity of the Assassins vs. Templar war.

AC was doing something interesting with its whole concept of assassins vs templars, where templars want complete dominance so they can chose the right path for the rest of humanity and assassins who advocate that it's up to each and one of us to take responsibility for our own lives and to make a heaven on earth requires everyone to pitch in and help. This is what I want to see more of.

I'm very excited over AC3 and what it will bring to the table, mostly concerning the variety of new characters, the execution of the American Revolutionary War, and the continuity of Desmond's storyline.

Well I'm looking forward for this game very much! Though what I'm most of all interested about is the continuity of the Assassins vs. Templar war.

AC was doing something interesting with its whole concept of assassins vs templars, where templars want complete dominance so they can chose the right path for the rest of humanity and assassins who advocate that it's up to each and one of us to take responsibility for our own lives and to make a heaven on earth requires everyone to pitch in and help. This is what I want to see more of.

Truth be told, the main focus of the AC series is not really the ideological divide between the Assassins and Templars, especially no after AC1. Instead, the way I see it, he focus lies primarily on the characters, how they grow and how their perceptions develop throughout the game(s).

That said, there are points where AC shines, though sadly it's not at the forefront like it should be. In AC1, all the Templars you assassinate represent something, ranging from lust to power, to a desire to establish order, to a feeling of rejection by an intolerant society (e.g. the homosexual templar). Altair's codices and philosophical reflections in AC2 were pretty deep as far as a video games go.

And the Assassin vs Templar conflict, while binary, is being fought over several ideas and issues, both philosophical and practical. And the cool thing about it is that the Assassins and Templars start with the same premise: "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". Both are nihilistic, but both have very different conceptions of what ought to be.

Now sadly the Templars in AC2 and Brotherhood (the Borgias) are portraid horribly. Only AC1 and Revelations touched on that conflict pretty well relatively speaking. But to reiterate, I still see the focus of AC on its characters and their journey, with the ideological conflict being the BG.

• Like 1

*snip*

Well said, and I totally agree with this!

AC manages to tell some believable stories in the universe, but it does shine thanks to its rooster of characters. I mean, when I played Revelations for the first time, and got to say goodbye to Ezio and Altair, I was really heartbroken. Heck, I think I shed crocodile tears when

Ezio met Altair for the very first time, and said "Rest in peace, Altair Ibn Lahad"

That was very emotional, and could only have that sort of impact due to its characterizations.

I totally agree. From what I've heard, Ubisoft intends of relating the Templar order to the Freemasons in a certain manner, since George Washington was a Freemason. This could lead to even further ideological conflicts since Washington seems to be portrayed as Connor's ally. I really am excited to see how they use the Assassin's perspective within this new setting, especially in Connor's case, since he represents a minority (Mohawk) within a war fought between the British and American colonists. Anyways, I really hope they follow up more with the theme that seems to have dimmed a little bit in some of the last few games.

I'm very excited over AC3 and what it will bring to the table, mostly concerning the variety of new characters, the execution of the American Revolutionary War, and the continuity of Desmond's storyline.

Truth be told, the main focus of the AC series is not really the ideological divide between the Assassins and Templars, especially no after AC1. Instead, the way I see it, he focus lies primarily on the characters, how they grow and how their perceptions develop throughout the game(s).

That said, there are points where AC shines, though sadly it's not at the forefront like it should be. In AC1, all the Templars you assassinate represent something, ranging from lust to power, to a desire to establish order, to a feeling of rejection by an intolerant society (e.g. the homosexual templar). Altair's codices and philosophical reflections in AC2 were pretty deep as far as a video games go.

And the Assassin vs Templar conflict, while binary, is being fought over several ideas and issues, both philosophical and practical. And the cool thing about it is that the Assassins and Templars start with the same premise: "Nothing is true, everything is permitted". Both are nihilistic, but both have very different conceptions of what ought to be.

Now sadly the Templars in AC2 and Brotherhood (the Borgias) are portraid horribly. Only AC1 and Revelations touched on that conflict pretty well relatively speaking. But to reiterate, I still see the focus of AC on its characters and their journey, with the ideological conflict being the BG.

Hey Chewin, nice to see you on another historical thread! I'm also very excited to see this new setting in action and find out what happens to Desmond next, the ending of Assassin's Creed: Revelations was such a cliffhanger. I also understand what you mean about the Templars in AC2 and AC Brotherhood, being portrayed a little differently from the original templars, but I have high hopes for the Colonial and British Templars. Overall, this should be a pretty amazing game from what I've seen.

Well said, and I totally agree with this!

AC manages to tell some believable stories in the universe, but it does shine thanks to its rooster of characters. I mean, when I played Revelations for the first time, and got to say goodbye to Ezio and Altair, I was really heartbroken. Heck, I think I shed crocodile tears when

Ezio met Altair for the very first time, and said "Rest in peace, Altair Ibn Lahad"

That was very emotional, and could only have that sort of impact due to its characterizations.

Liana, I must concure! The stories of the Assassin's Creed series seem to be some of the best I've ever seen in a video game. Ubisoft really knows how to make you attached to their characters. I can only hope to grow such a bond with the "Connor" character as we all did with Ezio throughout his entire lifetime, and Altair (mainly thanks to AC Revelations). I'll admit, another reason I kind-of connected with Ezio was because I also spoke italian, so I'll have to see how believable Connor's personna is within the context of the revolution. But still, I'm very excited!

I'm pretty excited as are many fans of Assassin's Creed, but the whole "tech" thing kinda worries me. I'm kinda a old fashion assassin, I prefer blades, throwing knives, poison blades and darts, and at the very most technological, the wrist gun. I don't like the axe and I think there is a pistol you get and the new uniform. (I'm sure it's customizable though).

I like the old signature assassin styles. :shuriken:

I'm pretty excited as are many fans of Assassin's Creed, but the whole "tech" thing kinda worries me. I'm kinda a old fashion assassin, I prefer blades, throwing knives, poison blades and darts, and at the very most technological, the wrist gun. I don't like the axe and I think there is a pistol you get and the new uniform. (I'm sure it's customizable though).

I like the old signature assassin styles. :shuriken:

I know what you mean Vinyl. When you think of "Assassin" in the more historical perspective (especially after playing the game) you think of a man with some kind of blade - stabbing his target and trying to get away. Although I will miss the simplicity of this combat (and the general worry-free-ness of knowing guns have yet to be invited - or perfected) I think it's very cool to see Ubisoft bringing players into a slightly more modern setting. As for the tomahawk, I really like it. Like the hidden blade represented Altair's ability to blend within crowds with ease - and Ezio's wrist-pistol being a symbol of a period of technological rebirth (the renaissance) - I find the tomohawk represent's Connor's culture and heritage, while the new set of pistols reminds us of the leaps in military technology taken within the period that seperates AC3 and AC Revelations. Anyways, thanks for sharing your opinion Vinyl!

Hey Chewin, nice to see you on another historical thread! I'm also very excited to see this new setting in action and find out what happens to Desmond next, the ending of Assassin's Creed: Revelations was such a cliffhanger. I also understand what you mean about the Templars in AC2 and AC Brotherhood, being portrayed a little differently from the original templars, but I have high hopes for the Colonial and British Templars. Overall, this should be a pretty amazing game from what I've seen.

Hey, whether it is a game / movie / novel where the term "history" has quite the major involvement, you're bound to see me appear in the thread. ;)

Washington seems like one of the only founding fathers who isn't a templar. Maybe they are using him to gain power, but he becomes president unaccording to plan. And this could be seen through the big shift from Washington to Adams.

Hmm, very interesting theory. That could be a cool twist within the game. Ubisoft has stated that they are showing history from another perspective in this game, and since Washington has never been portrayed as one who could be maniuplated easily, it might be possible. Although, personnaly, I think the whole Freemason/Templar thing is going to go even deeper then this. I can't wait to see how they implement the connection between the two secret and ancient orders!

Hey, whether it is a game / movie / novel where the term "history" has quite the major involvement, you're bound to see me appear in the thread. ;)

Good to hear Chewin! We seem to be like-minded. Can't wait to see you in any future history threads! (future history threads... sound a little like an oxy-moron)

kinda wish i could get this game but idk if its gona be really good or anything. but im sure it will be

I can't guarantee anything... but I would highly suggest you check out this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreeduk

This vide variety of videos on the game should give you a nice perspective on what to expect from the game!