Petition to remove Sword Block

CommonDiscipIe

whatever happened to getting killed when your supposed to. slice with the sword, boom with rockets, and most of all sticky

2 me the sword is still the same most times ur trying 2 kill them with 1 & they block it u can most of the time still kill themb4 they get u nomatter what there holding.

well really sword block isnt a big deal i mean sure its unrealalistic but if you say its unfair look at the sword one hit kill always so if your going to complain... the argument must be valid

It's a power weapon. It's supposed to be that way. There's only one on the map, and it spawns once every 3 minutes.

Your basing your answer off the shotgun, look at this from another perspective:

You only have a magnum, and there is a sword guy coming TOWARDS YOU, you sword block him but you still die because even though you are sword blocked the time of getting into the sword block and getting out of it, is miniscule so u can lunge again and most likely kill the guy.

I think they should make sword block longer if anything.

no what should happen is if you do sword block him, that block should take down his shields entirely. leaving him vulnerable to the headshot. but this headshot is still going to be hard to pull off all the time.

The lunge is a disadvantage...

It gives time for a Bulltrue. It is MUCH easier to kill with the Shotgun, because all you have to do is Aim and pull the trigger, and you get the kill.

And what if the Sword blocker has a Shotgun, Jetpack, Sniper, Rockets, or Plasma Grenades? Then it gets pretty hard to hit them again.

I do see your point on Sprint + Sword. But to even that out, all they need to do is make the draw time for the sword much longer after a sprint. Because right now, the system to counter Sprint + Sword screws over the sword in every other situation.

Um not trying to be a jerk or anything but you can't aim with a shotgun. :blink:

The sword block is outright ridiculous, and stupid. Why did Bungie even implement it?

If you are dumb enough to charge at me with an AR and jetpack, you should be punished by my sword. If I was stealthy enough to get close to you, without you knowing, you should be punished. If I have power weapon and map control, you should be punished. All the other CQB exclusive weapons (Grav Hammer, Shotty) don't have a block, why nerf the Sword? And why buff the shotgun as well?

Also, Sword Block causes EXTREMELY unbalanced gameplay in Invasion as well. The Elites get Sword( Countered by every other class because of Sword Block) and Plasma Repeater (Damn near useless because you already have a weapon used for CQB), and Hologram. The Spartans "counter-part" gets Shotgun (Unstoppable at CQB) and Magnum (Great overall weapon for Mid-Range) and Armor Lock. With Armor Lock, if I do manage to stick you or something like that, then you can Armor Lock. You live, I die.

At the very least, could we get Evade for the Gladiator class? Or a Needle Rifle? Or nerf the Shotgun Class?

Now, I know I strayed away from the original topic of Sword Block, but remember that the point of the petition is to get rid of sword block.

Please sign this petition to get rid of Sword Block.

i dont think that th enew swordblock is bad, infact i like it. I hate it when i play a game with people and they just rush and get the power weapons, ie Rocket launcher, Gravhammer, Sword ext.

i think that the sword is over powered, as it has a semi-unpredictable lunge, and so you don't know if your safe. i play a loty of infection, and i find that not many people are good at blicking, and when they do get it they get lucky. i can block pretty well, but it just a matter of meleeing if someone is too close to me. i think they should keep the sword block to prevent people from being able to be cheap and just run around with a sword throughout an entire game, while camping in one spot and being practically invincible. lasatly, it is reasonably easy to recover from a swordblock and just lunge agian, so the swordblock should stay.

The sword block is outright ridiculous, and stupid. Why did Bungie even implement it?

If you are dumb enough to charge at me with an AR and jetpack, you should be punished by my sword. If I was stealthy enough to get close to you, without you knowing, you should be punished. If I have power weapon and map control, you should be punished. All the other CQB exclusive weapons (Grav Hammer, Shotty) don't have a block, why nerf the Sword? And why buff the shotgun as well?

Also, Sword Block causes EXTREMELY unbalanced gameplay in Invasion as well. The Elites get Sword( Countered by every other class because of Sword Block) and Plasma Repeater (Damn near useless because you already have a weapon used for CQB), and Hologram. The Spartans "counter-part" gets Shotgun (Unstoppable at CQB) and Magnum (Great overall weapon for Mid-Range) and Armor Lock. With Armor Lock, if I do manage to stick you or something like that, then you can Armor Lock. You live, I die.

At the very least, could we get Evade for the Gladiator class? Or a Needle Rifle? Or nerf the Shotgun Class?

Now, I know I strayed away from the original topic of Sword Block, but remember that the point of the petition is to get rid of sword block.

Please sign this petition to get rid of Sword Block.

i dont think that th enew swordblock is bad, infact i like it. I hate it when i play a game with people and they just rush and get the power weapons, ie Rocket launcher, Gravhammer, Sword ext.

i think that the sword is over powered, as it has a semi-unpredictable lunge, and so you don't know if your safe. i play a loty of infection, and i find that not many people are good at blicking, and when they do get it they get lucky. i can block pretty well, but it just a matter of meleeing if someone is too close to me. i think they should keep the sword block to prevent people from being able to be cheap and just run around with a sword throughout an entire game, while camping in one spot and being practically invincible. lasatly, it is reasonably easy to recover from a swordblock and just lunge agian, so the swordblock should stay.

so, not ,many people are good with the sword block, even if you do get blocked in a slayer match you can always lunge again, and lastly, this prevents people from running around or camping with a power weaon. other powerweapons come with very limited ammo and so prevent something like this happening. wepaons like the sword however, have a large amount of ammo enabling at least 10 kills to the camper. The grav hammer doesnt have a block because sometimes the grav hammer doent work at a medim or not close range.

To be honest, I think sword block isn't that big of a deal. You say shotgun has an advantage because of sword block, but sword block actually evens them out. A sword can lunge at their enemy, while a shotgun can't. The lunge makes killing people with a sword much easier. Even though you can get swordblocked, barely like 30% of the people I lunge at are able to block it. And even if I do get blocked I just hit them again, it's not that hard. Also if you have sprint you can just run and slash getting alot of easy kills and swordblock allows a counter.

Don't get me wrong I get pissed if a guy keeps swordblocking me. But it keeps balance in the game. :thumbup:

Agreed. The Sword having lunge gives it to much of an advantage over all other weapons. Go for the nubes when you use the sword.

SHOTGUN ALWAYS BEATS SWORD, NOW YOUR LITTLE PLASTIC ARM BEATS SWORD? SERIOUSLY? yes sword block should be taken away, it really stupid. The sword is something the whole teams rushes for and the winning team gets the sword if they can beat the other team to it, and we rush to get it cus its powerful, not becuase it can get easily blocked. and once u get blocked u have no shields and 2 dmr shots kill u. whats next/ rocket block? oh yeah thats caled pu**y armor lock, whats next 343 are we going to be able to catch nades and throw them back? seriously? take sword block off!!!

actually, the entire team doesn't always rush for the sword, only the team that has bad people, and feels that the only way that they can get a large amount of kills, and a decent killing spree is with a power weapon such as the sword. i feel as though like was said, the sword lunge and ammo gives it an advantage over other power weapons, and is cheap. the sword block evens it out.

SHOTGUN ALWAYS BEATS SWORD, NOW YOUR LITTLE PLASTIC ARM BEATS SWORD? SERIOUSLY? yes sword block should be taken away, it really stupid. The sword is something the whole teams rushes for and the winning team gets the sword if they can beat the other team to it, and we rush to get it cus its powerful, not becuase it can get easily blocked. and once u get blocked u have no shields and 2 dmr shots kill u. whats next/ rocket block? oh yeah thats caled pu**y armor lock, whats next 343 are we going to be able to catch nades and throw them back? seriously? take sword block off!!!

teams don't all rush for the sword. if they do it' because they aren't good enough to get kills with non-power weapons. the sword already has lunge, and a lot of ammo compared to other power weapons. Also, why do u blame 343 bungie is the company that made halo reach, so it is the company that added the sword block, which i feel most good players won't have a problem with

P.S, i don't know how to delete my previous post^^^^ that's why o posted twice

• 3 weeks later...