Has anyone else seen that you actually get the Bonus Armors?

Ryu♥Hayabusa

Yeah, haven't seen much on this here, specifically, but some PAX vids I'm sure most of you have seen by now showed how Armor skins are just different versions of the armor piece. Everyone has discussed this in random places, but does anyone realize that this means that you get the armor shown for the skin? Best Buy pre-orders get the Venator armor at launch! Console folks very likely get a Lightrifle at launch, etc. How do you feel about all this? Knowing that some folks very well may get a Lightrifle from the start?

I doubt that just because you get a Light Rifle skin at launch you'll have the gun from the start.

People who buy the LE get access to all specializations at launch, but they'll also have to reach level 50 to actually use one.

So why wouldn't that be the same with a Light Rifle skin, for example?

• Like 1

I believe Zuko is correct, you get the skin for each different armor/weapon. You have to first unlock the weapon/armor first to use the skin for that said armor or weapon. So you may get the venator skin, but you have to unlock the armor first than you have the option of using the venator armor with raptor skin or whatever its called lol. Same with the BR arctic skin, you have to unlock the BR first, than you have the option of using the BR with arctic weapon skin.

Now for people with the LE or Console, they get the armor AND the skin, so they can use both right off the bat. The Assault Rifle skin and Light Rifle skin of both LE and Console are only the skin, so you have to unlock the AR and LR first than you have the option of using the skin version of each.

I agree Ryu, 343i has been very very vague about just about everything when it comes to Halo 4. There is a difference between being vague and leading the community on wnad just not answering something or leaving something to be found out at launch. The subject of skins and armor is not somthing that needs to wait, they should stop being vague

• 2 weeks later...

"Never fear, Tailgeese is here!"

Thanks for the answer, as always. Glad to know that; now, I know that customization is ludicrous rather than ridiculous. Armor helmets, shoulders, legs, torso, arms, visors, and scads of transferrable skins? Wish every game had personalization on this level.